Feedback on Cabin 767

Kamfish642

We are on the 11 day next month and booked an aft cabin..looks wonderful...GOOGLE "aft cabin on paul gauguin" or "767 paul gauguin" and you will get some reviews..nothing very current but you will get an idea....this was one of the deciding factors to cruise on the PG..amongst the service, food, location and reputation of the PG...

Edited by Larro9
spell

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone give me their experience with aft cabin 767: good and bad? Thank you.

We are booked in this same cabin next september so I will be watching this as well. Everything I have read about it says it is one of the best aft cabins due to its size, large shower etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure about 767, but we were just in 766 and returned home yesterday...I didn't see soot....yes it was a bit more rocky at times..just a bit...and maybe a tad more vibration but the balance is having a larger room with full shower and a wonderful larger balcony with the best view on the ship ...it was incredible and I would stay in no other area of the ship...we had the perfect trip and the PG exceeds all expectations

Not sure about 767, but we were just in 766 and returned home yesterday...I didn't see soot....yes it was a bit more rocky at times..just a bit...and maybe a tad more vibration but the balance is having a larger room with full shower and a wonderful larger balcony with the best view on the ship ...it was incredible and I would stay in no other area of the ship...we had the perfect trip and the PG exceeds all expectations

Thanks Larro9 - that is great to hear and goes with what we are expecting based on our previous aft balcony experiences. Sounds like you had a great time - just wondering how the weather was?

Overall really nice..clouds in am on a few days..breezy at times...otherwise we were blessed by the weather gods...only real rain was on the motu Mahana day...it dampened the early arrival crowd and a lot went back early ..we got there after 1pm and it got nicer..for us, we enjoyed the Bora Bora motu better...less everything and quiet

Edited by Larro9

Overall really nice..clouds in am on a few days..breezy at times...otherwise we were blessed by the weather gods...only real rain was on the motu Mahana day...it dampened the early arrival crowd and a lot went back early ..we got there after 1pm and it got nicer..for us, we enjoyed the Bora Bora motu better...less everything and quiet

That sounds great! We CANT WAIT to see Bora Bora and are contemplating doing a few nights stay there pre or post cruise.

We've booked Cabin 767 for Society and Cook Islands, May 26, 2018.

I'm a little nervous about the sea days between the two sections, and still thinking of changing the cabin. Maybe the upcoming refurb will reduce vibration/increase stabilization?

If we stay with it, I do feel I'm in good company here!

vibration/increase stabilization?

We were in 767 0n 10-sep cooks and did feel both vibration and deck noise from above during the trip. Sort of funny the picture on the wall would swing with the ship movement then rest back against the wall...

• 3 weeks later...

Was the flag up all the time? We are booked in 767 and are worried that it will block the view?

We've booked Cabin 767 for Society and Cook Islands, May 26, 2018.

Maybe the upcoming refurb will reduce vibration/increase stabilization?

Anyone know what's being attended to in the upcoming refurb as mentioned here?

Is it refreshing the décor, repainting, new upholstery/bedding, or a more substantial refurbishment?:)

Returned from our October 8, 2016 cruise and I can report that cabin 767 is a great cabin! Larger than most, in areas of the cabin itself, the great shower, and the balcony. No shower, but a 2.5 ft by 5 ft shower. Motion was moderate the first nite of our 7 nite society island voyage however our friend in a midship cabin also reported moderate motion. Our balcony doors were closed in the evening due to the outside temps which were hot. No noise from either upper or lower decks. When we ate breakfast on balcony, we could hear some noise from lower deck but not excessive. I posted some pictures with my overall ship review on cc but it has not yet been posted. The only area where regular balcony cabins might be better was drawer space. No drawers in this cabin but plenty of shelves. I highly recommend this cabin if you are booking balcony c category!

• 1 year later...