Stateroom question

snooterbug

We have booked our first PG Cruise, May 25, 2019. We will be in room 765 at back of boat. Has anyone stayed in that room, or back of the boat. We have cruised many times on Princess & love those rooms.

Pluses and minuses ....

Plus: larger balcony, last views when leaving an island

Minus: pitching (front to back movement), possible noise from above.

We are in that very cabin on the 10 day Society and Tuamotos cabin on June 6th this year. There are many people on this board with much more experience than us on PG. But this is our second time with PG. First time was in the porthole cabin and that was just fine. But this is a big celebration for us.. ( our 40th anniversary and my 60th birthday) my DH says its the 40-60. So we did splurge and get the category C cabin. But WE LOVE being on the back of the boat on any cruise.. It is just our deal. It is interesting to me that other people on the PG board do not think it to be such a big deal. My DH and I have requested aft balcony cabins on many cruises. We just love the ambiance of watching the wake of the boat. We just actually booked an 11 day southern caribbean cruise and booked an aft balcony cabin in Dec of 2019.

So, I will let you know once we are back, but no matter what you booked on the PG .. it will be WONDERFUL!

A few odd vibrations, maybe a bit of motion but the aft cabins for us are the only way to go...larger room and balcony, loved the walk in shower w/o the tub and the serenity of seeing everything as you go, just not one side while in your room....la palette is one level up and right above you for early morning coffee food and sunrise ...we never heard the music or were bothered ....see you back in 2020 with an aft cabin

• 2 months later...
We are in that very cabin on the 10 day Society and Tuamotos cabin on June 6th this year. There are many people on this board with much more experience than us on PG. But this is our second time with PG. First time was in the porthole cabin and that was just fine. But this is a big celebration for us.. ( our 40th anniversary and my 60th birthday) my DH says its the 40-60. So we did splurge and get the category C cabin. But WE LOVE being on the back of the boat on any cruise.. It is just our deal. It is interesting to me that other people on the PG board do not think it to be such a big deal. My DH and I have requested aft balcony cabins on many cruises. We just love the ambiance of watching the wake of the boat. We just actually booked an 11 day southern caribbean cruise and booked an aft balcony cabin in Dec of 2019.

So, I will let you know once we are back, but no matter what you booked on the PG .. it will be WONDERFUL!

See you guys soon!!

Andrea Chad from Indiana

• 2 weeks later...
A few odd vibrations, maybe a bit of motion but the aft cabins for us are the only way to go...larger room and balcony, loved the walk in shower w/o the tub and the serenity of seeing everything as you go, just not one side while in your room....la palette is one level up and right above you for early morning coffee food and sunrise ...we never heard the music or were bothered ....see you back in 2020 with an aft cabin

I totally agree with the above. We just got home this weekend from 11 nights in Cabin 767. Trip report coming soon.

Meanwhile, here's Cabin 767 and a couple of views from its balcony.

enhance

enhance

enhance

• 1 month later...