Thing to do with 4yr old in nassau

mylifecompleted

Blue Lagoon beach. I wouldn't take my 4 year old in a traditional taxi in Nassau under any circumstances, which limits you to things that have a water taxi/ferry. Blue Lagoon is an excellent spot and it's exactly where we take our 4 year old :)

Blue Lagoon beach. I wouldn't take my 4 year old in a traditional taxi in Nassau under any circumstances, which limits you to things that have a water taxi/ferry. Blue Lagoon is an excellent spot and it's exactly where we take our 4 year old :)

Why you would not take 4 years old on regular taxi?

Why you would not take 4 years old on regular taxi?

I've spent a good amount of time in taxis in Nassau. I'm definitely not taking my kid in one, especially without a proper car seat, and even then... Driving is a little nuts. That's just my thoughts. Or call a service like Cheryl Bahamas Taxi and see if they can provide proper restraints.

We do the British colonial day pass with my kids. Pool, beach, food and drinks available. There is also a pirate museum in walking distance. I also will not take my kids in a car on the islands without a car seat for my 3year old or a booster for my 7 year old. Accidents happen. Most of those vehicles don’t even have seatbelts....I am not willing to risk it when they are so little...

We do the British colonial day pass with my kids. Pool, beach, food and drinks available. There is also a pirate museum in walking distance. I also will not take my kids in a car on the islands without a car seat for my 3year old or a booster for my 7 year old. Accidents happen. Most of those vehicles don’t even have seatbelts....I am not willing to risk it when they are so little...

We’ve been to Nassau 5 times, always traveled in a van with seatbelts. However, the number 10 bus is a great option, only $1.50 pp to cable beach which is much nicer than the beach at the Hilton.

• 3 weeks later...

There is a free beach about a 15 minute walk from the port. Turn right on the main drag and walk 3-4 blocks and you will see it. Not the most scenic beach in the world, but there is sand and shells and water there. Also almost across the street is a McDonalds with free wi-fi and also ice cream and cookies. We took our five year old grandson there and he was happy as a clam.

why would you not put your kids in a Taxi in Nassau? Is it dangerous?

How do you get to Blue Lagoon and what is so wonderful about it? Thanks for any info.

If the vehicles do not have seat belts how do you restrain the car seats? I understand the booster doesn't need one but the car seats will.

My parents went to Blue Lagoon last year and hated it.

Last time we docked in Nassau we went to Atlantis with our almost 4 year olds. When we first went to Atlantis on our honeymoon, only resort guests were allowed and it was great. Now when you go on a cruise and there are 3-5 ships docked in Nassau on any given day, you can imagine how crowded it is, and it's pricey.

If we ever dock in Nassau again I would just stay on the ship. I think Bahamian officials have acknowledged how few options there are for tourists in Nassau. I assume so many ships stop there because they have a large port and its location relative to US ports, their own private islands and other north eastern Caribbean ports - but Nassau really leaves a lot to be desired as a tourist destination, especially when compared to other ports of call.

why would you not put your kids in a Taxi in Nassau? Is it dangerous?

How do you get to Blue Lagoon and what is so wonderful about it? Thanks for any info.

I have taken many taxis in Nassau and I find them too dangerous for my small kids that would normally require a car seat. Blue Lagoon has a boat/ferry that picks you up and drops you back off at the dock. I think it's a nice beach day and the enclosed lagoon has no waves, is sandy (no rocks) and is very shallow which is perfect for a 4 year old. We have taken ours there many times and it's always a hit.

• 4 weeks later...
The pirate museum! It’s great, we have taken our kids many times, first time they were 3. You can walk there, I would never put my kids in a taxi there if I can avoid it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I second the pirate museum! Took our daughter there 14 years ago... her first cruise at age 4. We walked there. Also went to Queen's Staircase and a fort with cannons that had a nice view of the ships in port.