Drink Prices

stuckintexas

I apologize if this has been addressed before....we received the classic drink package as a “perk”. I am wondering if upgrading to the premium package would be a good idea. I plan on visiting the martini bar and like to have some if the specialty coffees as well as the usual frozen drinks. I also drink a lot of bottled water. I searched for drink menu’s but didn’t find any. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Classic packages covers most speciality coffees, fresh juice, bottled water (generic brand) soda I addition to beer, wine and alcohol up o a puce of $9. The cost to upgrade is $16.52 a day. I would suggest that you try the package for a day or so as many find that it covers what they need.

The Martini bar serves beer, wine & drinks other than the martinis, so you don’t need a Premium package to visit the Martini bar. With the classic pkg if you want to have a martini at that bar you difference between the $9 Classic pkg limit and the $12 cost of the Martini; so $3+18% gratutity.

Also today, 16 Jly is the final day for the sale for upgrade from Classic to Premium. It is a 20% discount and maybe available for your sailing.

Check your CP or call X.

bon voyage

Thanks for the great advise!! I may just try the classic for a few days and see. We just got one of the move up offers and I would like to upgrade from our ocean view to a veranda! I do plan to have a couple of martinis at the martini bar!

Don’t bother upgrading unless you drink high end brands throughout the day. Have recently returned and classic drinks now up to $11. Martini bar martinis $14 so we just paid the difference. Paid difference on some cocktails and likely given some premium wines in various bars and MDR on occasion. There is no way we would have even broken even if upgrading to premium.

There is no way we would have even broken even if upgrading to premium.

Agree. Wife doesn't drink martini's (I don't drink) so that might make a difference. Even though she drinks more expensive liquor at home, she doesn't feel the need to do it on board as there are still so many good drinks on the classic package. Lot's of other things to spend the money on and she does :)

There is plenty on the Classic and I always suggest people get on board and if they don't like the package then just upgrade at that time.

And like tkere said, to each their own. People make their money they can spend it like they want. Also helps keep the costs down for the rest of us - lol

Don’t bother upgrading unless you drink high end brands throughout the day. Have recently returned and classic drinks now up to $11. Martini bar martinis $14 so we just paid the difference. Paid difference on some cocktails and likely given some premium wines in various bars and MDR on occasion. There is no way we would have even broken even if upgrading to premium.

Were you on a cruise out of Southhampton? I haven't read anything that says classic drinks up to $11 unless the 18%grat is included.

I apologize if this has been addressed before....we received the classic drink package as a “perk”. I am wondering if upgrading to the premium package would be a good idea. I plan on visiting the martini bar and like to have some if the specialty coffees as well as the usual frozen drinks. I also drink a lot of bottled water. I searched for drink menu’s but didn’t find any. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated!!

we drink a lot of bottled water( home and on holidays)- specifically perrier which is lower sodium than the others on board so if you drink a lot of water- especially in heat- the premium may be worth it - also i think only the smaller water bottles are included in the classic whereas the large evian - if you want still are included in the premium.

i was looking at a woman next to me one day paying and the staff in cafe al bacio explain this - and her bill with tip etc was usd16.......so nice to have the choice without the extra bill at the end......

I upgrade because I like the Martini's, sparkling waters and lattes as well. To each their own.

lattes are covered in the classic package

we were more than happy with the classic package - wife drank prosecco every night and I drank Jim Beam and Shiraz (not together of course)

Regular bottled water is included in the classic drink package. If want the fancy stuff (Perrier etc.) you need to upgrade. The regular lattes are covered, as well. The hubby drinks only the premium stuff, so we upgrade his package. I hardly drink at all but do drink a lot of bottled water and love the lattes, so no upgrade necessary for moi. If you want the specialty martinis on a regular basis, they are all upgrades. You decide what's best for you,

Cheers :)

Sent from my RCT6S03W12 using Forums mobile app

I don't think there's a recent update....it really depends on what you like to drink. Now that you pay the difference between the classic allowance and the price of the drink, it's far more difficult to figure out what the upgrade is worth to you. If you drink 3 fancy martini's a day, that's about $9 extra over the classic package...but the upgrade price is $14 a day....only you can figure out if it's a good deal for you.

Do ships offer a house wine? How much are they- by the glass? I am not fussy- typically house Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc are fine for me. I was searching around and can't seem to find this info. Sailing on Summit end of July and I have the classic package -thanks!!

Not a “House Wine” per se...but you will have no problem getting Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc (or other) at the Classic Package price point. I love New Zealand SB’s and they are in the price point.

Thanks Helen!

I hear (or read) drinks of the day are 7.50. Can't wait for those too! Hoping pina coladas are covered in the classic package pricing as well- :D

Yes on Silhouette 23.6.18-7.7.18 from Southampton and drinks in all bars classic package up to $11. Paid difference for more expensive although not always charged for premium wines.

Realy ? Well that’s fab ! On Silhouette from Southampton soon , classic drinks package. I read that the Premium package limit had gone up but cant find anything official saying Classic has gone up to $11

They are. Aside from the martinis at the Martini Bar, most drinks that can be made with well brand liquor are included. For a pina colada to not be included you’d have to ask for a top shelf alcohol in it.

Oh that's great! Thanks so much!!