should I do an excursion in Bahamas or Bermuda?

cruiz2018

We will be stopping at Bermuda, Cococay, and Nassau.

From what I have read, it's not really necessary to do an excursion in Bermuda or Cococay.

Bermuda: 4.50 to take the bus to Horseshoe and good snorkeling there (and at park next to dock)

Cococay: RCI property - no need for excursion

Nassau- ? not seeing any good or easy snorkeling near ship.

If we were to pick 1 snorkel excursion thos trip, would it make sense to save it for Nassau??

We will be stopping at Bermuda, Cococay, and Nassau.

From what I have read, it's not really necessary to do an excursion in Bermuda or Cococay.

Bermuda: 4.50 to take the bus to Horseshoe and good snorkeling there (and at park next to dock)

Cococay: RCI property - no need for excursion

Nassau- ? not seeing any good or easy snorkeling near ship.

If we were to pick 1 snorkel excursion thos trip, would it make sense to save it for Nassau??

Anyone?

I have not been to Bermuda so I can't comment on the snorkeling there. In Nassau, there's not really much snorkeling unless you take a boat tour. Coco Cay the snorkeling is pretty decent if you don't mind swimming a distance out to the lifeguard stands. In that area, there are a lot of fish as well as a sunken canon and a sunken airplane. You can rent the snorkel equipment on the island or bring your own but you'll still need to rent the snorkel vest. It's been a few years but the last time we did it, the vest cost $6.

• Like 1

We have been to Bermuda a number of times, its my most favorite Island - I would agree that you don't need to book an excursion, but please do not limit yourself to horseshoe bay there are a lot of wonderful beaches and are easily arrived at by using the Ferry or the Island bus system - everyone goes to Horsehoe and it can get quite crowded if there are multiple ships in port. We are old school and still like to rent scooters which gives us a little more freedom...

We are on your same itinerary and are also looking for something to do in Nassau - Ill be following along....

If you can do decent snorkeling at no extra cost at the other stops, and only want to do one snorkeling trip on the entire cruise, then I'd just pick one of the other free locations that have decent snorkeling.