Are the Coca-Cola Freestyle Machines coming soon?

I definitely do NOT want to have to carry those silly freestyle drinking cups around.

They look foolish and are in inconvenient to me.

I LOVE the system Celebrity has with the canned sodas!

I hope they keep up the great soda system they currently have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

WOW!

No I am going to try out Celebrity on September 21st I already have the airfare booked. Some of you folks are going to have to get over the fact that not everything is or will be perfect - constructive criticism from an outsider is the most sincere - along with compliments too. I come from a unique situation having had sailed Carnival for years and looking at what Crystal Cruise Line has to offer. Carnival and Crystal have their pop and burger situation dialed in and Celebrity just has to copy or be in the middle. Folks have dietary needs and want more variety in drinks more than the cans - even Holland America is stepping into the 21st Century.

Looking forward to your impressions upon return from your September sailing on Summit, or is it Infinity, or is it October on Summit, or is it October on Infinity? It’s hard keeping up.

WOW!

No I am going to try out Celebrity on September 21st I already have the airfare booked. Some of you folks are going to have to get over the fact that not everything is or will be perfect - constructive criticism from an outsider is the most sincere - along with compliments too. I come from a unique situation having had sailed Carnival for years and looking at what Crystal Cruise Line has to offer. Carnival and Crystal have their pop and burger situation dialed in and Celebrity just has to copy or be in the middle. Folks have dietary needs and want more variety in drinks more than the cans - even Holland America is stepping into the 21st Century.

I am curious; back in February you posted this on the Carnival boards:

“I've never cruised before but we're going to give the Royal Caribbean Brilliance one shot.”

So how many years have you cruised Carnival?

“I've never cruised before but we're going to give the Royal Caribbean Brilliance one shot.”

Folks, I would like to keep this thread about freestyle pop. If you ask me this again I'll just send you to a link back here - or print it out and frame it for all I care.

2006 was our first cruise - 10 year anniversary with the ex wife. I went several years without cruising lately until I went with a "friend" on Oasis. Cindy tried the Carnival Vista this last spring and wasn't happy so we changed our minds on trying more fun ships until we figure this all out. The Summit Ship this Fall has a decent price I told Cindy we'll give it the benefit of the doubt - caused by all the complaining you fans do in the forum - before opening our wallets to upscale lines like Crystal and Viking Ocean.

Edited by Doug & Cindy Scrap Hunter

I just read that you have to go to the bar to get pop on Celebrity. If we're going to pay $9 a day it would be nice to have an easy refill station without flagging someone down or feeling like we owe a tip. Royal Caribbean should add the freestyle machines on all their ships and lines. Why not? Carnival's Bottomless Bubbles program is at least easy to use and only $7.50 per day. Neither of us drink heavy sugar drinks anymore, but I like my Diet Coke and Cindy mostly drinks the fizzy flavored water.

Any of you folks with me on this?

Not many it seems. I wouldn't expect to see these machines on X, ever.

Am I wrong in thinking that every thread Dong and Cindy Scrape Hauler start becomes nothing more then a thread geared to start controversy. Some of his threads have been removed by the Mods. If he dislikes it so much maybe he should stay away. Although I do not think his comments will stop the people from sailing Celebrity. Maybe it is time to close or remove this thread.

I am diabetic and prefer the cans..no issue with getting cans of club soda or diet ginger ale. I do.not drink any colas...

Machines have inner parts, tubes ? we cannot see...so I do not trust them for cleanliness. Same as the buffet dispensers or water fountains. Bar dispensers may not be giving what you really want.. Best bet for us is a sealed can!

The machines have a tacky school cafeteria look...these and the van style food truck at the Retreat are not looking like Modern luxury.

If they have to have them, hope they can be tucked away .Maybe every few decks for convenience.

I also hope they never go to the freestyle soda machines. As hcat said, tough to clean. I have food allergies so always ask for a can to make sure what is in it

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am diabetic and prefer the cans..no issue with getting cans of club soda or diet ginger ale. I do.not drink any colas...

That’s great for you. My husband who is diabetic doesn’t drink club soda or ginger ale. Some of us would just like more choices. If the machine was to be added and you don’t like it then don’t use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Am I wrong in thinking that every thread Dong and Cindy Scrape Hauler start becomes nothing more then a thread geared to start controversy. Some of his threads have been removed by the Mods. If he dislikes it so much maybe he should stay away. Although I do not think his comments will stop the people from sailing Celebrity. Maybe it is time to close or remove this thread.

I agree. Some thread starters just want to be the center of attention by causing controversy. These type of threads take away from the intent of these boards in my opinion.

What will be their next thread? Discussing adding Sno Cone machines on a cruise line they have never sailed?

Having sailed twice on RCI's Anthem of the Seas, which has the freestyle machines, I wanted to reply to some questions above from folks who have not experienced them.

First, you must have your personal, chip-enabled, bulky tumbler with you in order to use the machine. Speaking only for myself, this is not something I want to be carrying around with me on a cruise ship. Invariably, when I wanted something to drink, my tumbler was back in my cabin.

Second, there were not that many of the machines on board (especially given the size of Anthem).

Third, they were often out of service, or various selections had run out, even in the buffet, where you would have thought the ship would make sure to keep the machine well-stocked.

When I want a soda (and for me that's usually seltzer/club soda), cans are far better and I love that you can get them on Celebrity. (Not to mention that soda in a glass tastes much better than it does in a plastic tumbler.)

Folks, I would like to keep this thread about freestyle pop. If you ask me this again I'll just send you to a link back here - or print it out and frame it for all I care.

2006 was our first cruise - 10 year anniversary with the ex wife. I went several years without cruising lately until I went with a "friend" on Oasis. Cindy tried the Carnival Vista this last spring and wasn't happy so we changed our minds on trying more fun ships until we figure this all out. The Summit Ship this Fall has a decent price I told Cindy we'll give it the benefit of the doubt - caused by all the complaining you fans do in the forum - before opening our wallets to upscale lines like Crystal and Viking Ocean.

I am aware of what you posted. I just get confused because your cruise history, past and future, keeps changing. On February 1st you posted that you have never cruised before, yet on this thread you said that you spent years cruising on Carnival. So which is it? You can send as many links as you like, but it does not change the fact that what you post keeps changing.

Yup Rich, I don't know what's going on here, but it's very... let's say "interesting" they made it very, very clear in earlier posts that they never cruised & their knowledge of cruising was based on a nephews experience. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course. :)

That said, I sincerely & without malice have to say that I don't think that this poster is going to be very happy on their upcoming cruise. Everyone has different needs/priorities on vacation & I'd say Celebrity probably isn't a good fit here. Soda pop & burgers aren't exactly Celebrity's focus, maybe an all inclusive resort would be more to their liking.

That’s great for you. My husband who is diabetic doesn’t drink club soda or ginger ale. Some of us would just like more choices. If the machine was to be added and you don’t like it then don’t use it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am fine with choices as long as they do not take away access to the cans..It would be too heavy a load to bring them on board...but I guess we could. I do bring a 15 gram carb veggie juice ...just in case!

As I mentioned, it would be nice to have soda machines ...and maybe ice and snack vending machines on a few decks like hotels do...

One of the recent posts mentioned a cup with a chip....that's something I never heard about...I'll just take my soda can.