St. Kitts Excursion - Beach Break (Cockleshell) - which restaurant?

MarLieb

I am trying to decide what we will do in St. Kitts on our upcoming cruise and the Cockleshell Beach excursion is tempting. It mentions that you are dropped off at a restaurant to access your beach chairs. Does anyone know which restaurant this is? I'm just wondering if we should book the excursion or simply take a cab to Cockleshell on our own. Thanks!

I am trying to decide what we will do in St. Kitts on our upcoming cruise and the Cockleshell Beach excursion is tempting. It mentions that you are dropped off at a restaurant to access your beach chairs. Does anyone know which restaurant this is? I'm just wondering if we should book the excursion or simply take a cab to Cockleshell on our own. Thanks!

It's the Reggae Beach Bar and Grill

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to Carambola twice and Reggae Beach once. They are close to each other on Cockleshell Beach. For both beaches just take a cab early and get there way before the ship excursions. Don't wait for a van, just keep walking outside the port and cans will be there for a similar price. Cabs are always at the beaches too to take you back at any time.

The beach is much bigger at Carambola and just nicer imho. When the excursions arrive there is more room to spread out when compared to Reggae.

If you arrive just early in the morning, you might see the monkeys that are in the trees along the road behind the beach bars.

Although it's not cheap, the day pass to the new Park Hyatt on St Kitts is fabulous. They pick up from the ship, lunch, use of the spa facilities, along with beach and two pools are all included. Spectacular spot. If interested, you can book directly thru the hotel.

If you decide on Carambola (we've been three times and can't wait to return), you can go to their website pre-cruise to make a reservation; that way you're assured to get chairs & umbrella. Unfortunately, most of the beach bars have been shut down due to the Ritz buying up the property (grrrrr); however, the Carambola restaurant has delicious food which you can eat inside or take down to your beach chair. There are also vendors offering beach massages...that was probably the best 45 minutes spent that day...like a little bit of Heaven!

Enjoy!!!