Come Sail Away With Us…LIVE from the MSC Seaside (Yacht Club) …July 21-28, 2018

Lovetocruise2002

Lovetocruise2002

Now I just have to get Hubby to begin packing. He said this morning that he is already ahead of schedule...his clothes are washed....

;p I basically packed for mine!!! LOL

You won't want to leave the YC area! :hearteyes:

Edited by bellemiche
error

Excited to read along! Booked for January and have been wondering if the ship will be too big/crowded for our liking, even though we are in YC. Looking forward to your review.

I'm not a huge fan of crowds either so I will definitely report back on what it's like.

Following!! Looking forward to your blog! Have a great time and Happy Anniversary!

Thank you BB! [emoji6]

Following along and enjoying - booked next September out of Rome in YC

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for following along!

Lovetocruise2002

Now I just have to get Hubby to begin packing. He said this morning that he is already ahead of schedule...his clothes are washed....

;p I basically packed for mine!!! LOL

You won't want to leave the YC area! [emoji813]eyes:

I don't plan to much! [emoji6]

[quote=Croptop;56578833

So I guess I'll have to cruise vicariously through your thread.

Have a great trip!

Enjoyed your first MSC Periscope—thank you!

If it’s possible, and not too boring, maybe a walk-through of the YC cabin hallways might work. One that shows all the places where the halls open up to more public areas like elevators, stairs, concierge, etc. To me, the floor plans appear that there really aren’t any ‘walls’ separating YC access, even though I know there are. Maybe the visual would be helpful and also a video viewpoint that as far as I’ve seen, hasn’t been shared.

Enjoyed your first MSC Periscope—thank you!

If it’s possible, and not too boring, maybe a walk-through of the YC cabin hallways might work. One that shows all the places where the halls open up to more public areas like elevators, stairs, concierge, etc. To me, the floor plans appear that there really aren’t any ‘walls’ separating YC access, even though I know there are. Maybe the visual would be helpful and also a video viewpoint that as far as I’ve seen, hasn’t been shared.

Will do one for sure throughout the next week.

We have been extremely pleased with our stay at the Intercontinental Miami so far. Lyft from MIA to the hotel was $17.

As seen in previous posts, we are staying in a King room with club access. What that basically means is that we have access to the club lounge from 7am - 7pm. This appeals to me as I don't prefer looking around for a place to eat breakfast the morning of the cruise and I don't like to skip breakfast either and wait till we board (which is what Hubby would do).

Service in there during happy hour was wonderful. There are two concierges there who were happy to talk and answer questions and they also mixed and served drinks.

This hotel is clean, modern, and lives up to it's five star rating. The rooms here are quite spacious and large. On-site there are two main restaurants, Toro Toro, and Ole. There is also a Starbucks onsite and if you are an IHG member, they give you a voucher for a complimentary coffee.

Attached are details of club lounge access. Also the voucher for Starbucks if you are an IHG member. This is as easy as signing up online prior to your arrival.

97c4bf692a577aab370104aa197bf3bc.jpgbfe83dcfbd04cb54f385c82c7618d6af.jpg528ed7d8be9cb6aa6b420647d8136761.jpg

InterContinental room cards have RFI chips that also work in the Seaside cabins to keep the cabin lights on while you are away.

Thanks for the tip! We actually brought an old cruise card from Anthem to use for the lights but a backup is always good [emoji4]

This morning our plan is to get ready, have some breakfast and head over to the port around 11am. Usually when sailing RCI we always aim to be at the port by 10 am, however, thanks to recent tips by Frank808 and a few others, we've decided that 11am might be better to avoid some of that confusion that others have experienced. Hubby is grateful as that means more time in bed for him. [emoji4]