Quest Charter or Dry-Dock in April?

stamfordian

Wonder if anyone currently on Quest, or with information tendrils running into Seattle, can find out what Quest is up to in April? She is due into Monte Carlo on 10 April after the New England/Canada/South America/Antarctica cruises but there then appears to be a one week gap until she starts her Med season on 18th April. We are due to join on 18th and wonder whether we shall encounter a spruced up ship with a few nice extras, or a crew which has been exhausted by a long trans-Atlantic followed by a rowdy one week charter?:confused:

One of the ships is usually in Monte Carlo for the F1 but it is on 24-27 May so not the Quest.

An Odyssey cruise starts Monte Carlo on the 28May and there is a gap prior so I would bet the Odyssey has been hired by one of the teams. Ferrari usually charter a ship during the event.

I checked most of the port schedules in the area but found no trace of the Quest, so that probably means no charter. They are probably taking the week off so that they can prepare themselves and stock up on champagne for our return. We will also be joining the Quest in Monte Carlo. :D

I checked most of the port schedules in the area but found no trace of the Quest, so that probably means no charter. They are probably taking the week off so that they can prepare themselves and stock up on champagne for our return. We will also be joining the Quest in Monte Carlo. :D

That’s good news as suggests it may be a dry dock. It’s about a couple of years since last one according to my calculations, so we might get some fresh paint and deep cleaned carpets.

Have read your posts with interest and enjoyment over time, so look forward to meeting you on board.

A bientot!

That’s good news as suggests it may be a dry dock. It’s about a couple of years since last one according to my calculations, so we might get some fresh paint and deep cleaned carpets.

Have read your posts with interest and enjoyment over time, so look forward to meeting you on board.

A bientot!

I just left a message for you on Roll Calls.

• 3 weeks later...

A bientot!

When I talked to SB before booking our cruise on the Quest for this July, I was told the ship would be in wet dock in April. Have a wonderful time!

... I was told the ship would be in wet dock in April. Have a wonderful time!

So we might get some repainted interiors, fresh carpets etc but we won't have had our bottom scrubbed or barnacles removed:evilsmile:

Thanks for your kind wishes Nonni. We will raise a glass or few to you.

So we might get some repainted interiors, fresh carpets etc but we won't have had our bottom scrubbed or barnacles removed:evilsmile:

Thanks for your kind wishes Nonni. We will raise a glass or few to you.

Sounds great. Maybe the Quest's bum would not enjoy loosing a few barnacles. Ouch.

• 2 months later...
Just ran across this article from earlier this month (May 2018). This confirms all the sprucing up she got. Hopefully someone will post some pictures sometime soon so we can see how things look.

http://www.cruiseandferry.net/articles/trimline-refurbishes-interiors-on-seabourn-quest

When was the last time you were on Quest and what shape was she in?

Christmas/New Year's Antarctica 2015/16. Our first time on Seabourn so nothing to compare against but we thought that, for the most part, she looked great. Saw some "tired" furniture, etc. here and there but nothing that kept us from enjoying that epic cruise, that's for sure!

I'm mostly just curious if they changed the soft goods, upholstery, etc. in the suites.

• 1 month later...

Just off the Quest on Monday. All the soft goods, etc. were in good shape. Carpet in our suite was definitely new. Only issue I could see is that some of the cabin wood furnishings showed some wear. This really has more to do with the type of wood(soft blonde) originally selected rather than maintenance. Ship looked great overall.