Freeport

jiwdurando

Originally my family and I had planned to do an excursion in Freeport, but after much research we decided the excursion we had picked wasn't a good choice for us. Do we really need an excursion in Freeport? I have heard that its a not great port and we are only there about 4 hours. The only place I really want to go is Senor Frogs. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Senor Frogs is right by the port. If that's all you want to do' date=' you can get off the ship, go there for awhile, and get back on.

However, except for the shops right by there, there is basically nothing else to do within walking distance.[/quote']

Thats what I figured, Is it worth finding other things to do here or just stay on the ship? This is my first cruise so I really don't know what to expect. I am traveling with my family (kids included if this helps)

Thats what I figured, Is it worth finding other things to do here or just stay on the ship? This is my first cruise so I really don't know what to expect. I am traveling with my family (kids included if this helps)

I think it really depends on your family's interests. We've been to Freeport once, and are returning this September. We loved the Kayak excursion through Carnival we took, but this time we will sleep in a little and just check out the port shops a little (maybe Sr Frog/Fat Tuesday, too). If we make it back again we might try to book a private snorkel tour (heard there is good snorkeling) or visit Garden of the Groves.

Freeport has a lot to offer, unfortunately the time there is limited. Since this is your first cruise - and I'm assuming you have other port stops - I would not worry about booking anything and just enjoy a less crowded ship for the morning. It can be tempting to try to do everything on a first cruise, and then come home from your vacation needing a vacation because you are worn out. This can be a nice way to build in some relaxation.

Hope you love cruising:cool:

I think it really depends on your family's interests. We've been to Freeport once, and are returning this September. We loved the Kayak excursion through Carnival we took, but this time we will sleep in a little and just check out the port shops a little (maybe Sr Frog/Fat Tuesday, too). If we make it back again we might try to book a private snorkel tour (heard there is good snorkeling) or visit Garden of the Groves.

Freeport has a lot to offer, unfortunately the time there is limited. Since this is your first cruise - and I'm assuming you have other port stops - I would not worry about booking anything and just enjoy a less crowded ship for the morning. It can be tempting to try to do everything on a first cruise, and then come home from your vacation needing a vacation because you are worn out. This can be a nice way to build in some relaxation.

Hope you love cruising:cool:

Thank you, we have 2 port stops before this one, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I have an excursion booked for Grand Turk but nothing for the other two. We looked at the Kayak excursion and we are considering it, but I think we may just check out the port then go back to the ship. I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything spectacular!

Thank you, we have 2 port stops before this one, Grand Turk and Half Moon Cay. I have an excursion booked for Grand Turk but nothing for the other two. We looked at the Kayak excursion and we are considering it, but I think we may just check out the port then go back to the ship. I just wanted to make sure we weren't missing anything spectacular!

This is our September itinerary For this cruise we are taking it easy at all the ports, but do plan to walk to Jack's Shack at Grand Turk and maybe try some snorkeling from the beach.:cool:

Based on my limited research, I can't see a need for an excursion at HMC - this can be an easy beach day. Many do book excursions though, so there might be something not to miss for your family. I think just relaxing can be underrated and we don't want to be so busy doing "stuff" at that beautiful beach that we miss the beach;)

We loved the Kayak excursion - it ends with some free time at Gold Rock Beach. It is by far the best beach I've been to (but also very undeveloped - a plus for me) - clear water and powder soft sand. I enjoy nature and being on the water so it was a no brainer for us, but it does require getting up early. I think there was at most 30-45 minutes once we got back before we had to be on board so we didn't do anything at the port. You may or may not have time for Senor Frog's.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but my husband and I did find that excursion to be spectacular based on our interests.

Not sure if that helps or not:') Have a blast whatever you decide:D

This is our September itinerary For this cruise we are taking it easy at all the ports, but do plan to walk to Jack's Shack at Grand Turk and maybe try some snorkeling from the beach.:cool:

Based on my limited research, I can't see a need for an excursion at HMC - this can be an easy beach day. Many do book excursions though, so there might be something not to miss for your family. I think just relaxing can be underrated and we don't want to be so busy doing "stuff" at that beautiful beach that we miss the beach;)

We loved the Kayak excursion - it ends with some free time at Gold Rock Beach. It is by far the best beach I've been to (but also very undeveloped - a plus for me) - clear water and powder soft sand. I enjoy nature and being on the water so it was a no brainer for us, but it does require getting up early. I think there was at most 30-45 minutes once we got back before we had to be on board so we didn't do anything at the port. You may or may not have time for Senor Frog's.

I don't think you can go wrong either way, but my husband and I did find that excursion to be spectacular based on our interests.

Not sure if that helps or not:') Have a blast whatever you decide:D

My oldest doesn't want to kayak. We love doing stuff like that but she is 12 and doesn't want to do anything we do. Its the age I hope. I think we are just going to wing it in Freeport.

My oldest doesn't want to kayak. We love doing stuff like that but she is 12 and doesn't want to do anything we do. Its the age I hope. I think we are just going to wing it in Freeport.

Mine are 17 and 13 ;) I've heard that grandchildren are our reward for keeping them alive during the tweens and teens:') Fight the good fight:D (And even if it sees like she doesn't want to do anything with you, keep trying - she probably wants to be included even if she doesn't realize it now.)

Mine are 17 and 13 ;) I've heard that grandchildren are our reward for keeping them alive during the tweens and teens:') Fight the good fight:D (And even if it sees like she doesn't want to do anything with you, keep trying - she probably wants to be included even if she doesn't realize it now.)

Lol my mom just tells me its payback for my teenage years lol

• 1 month later...

im sorry to hear this.

we are taking a 12-16 year old (along with 2 - 5 year old)

the choices were we are doing this or you can get to stay home.

I am having a hard time with Freeport.

im sorry to hear this.

we are taking a 12-16 year old (along with 2 - 5 year old)

the choices were we are doing this or you can get to stay home.

I am having a hard time with Freeport.

We're doing the See and Sea tour in Freeport.

With your age group, that might be a good choice for you also.

There is a restaurant near the Freeport Cruise port called Pier 1. Supposedly they feed sharks so they hang around there. It’s also supposed to be a nice walk along the rocky shore there. We have not done this, but are planning to do it if we don’t choose an excursion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums