Celebrity to Cuba anytime soon?

tybeelucy2

RCL has a couple smaller ships visiting Cuba. Celebrity just doesn't have the fleet to do it.

Personally, I have Zero desire to visit and thus supporting that communist, repressive dictatorship country.

RCL has a couple smaller ships visiting Cuba. Celebrity just doesn't have the fleet to do it.

Personally, I have Zero desire to visit and thus supporting that communist, repressive dictatorship country.

Good for you! ME either!

We just returned from a Cuba trip via RC. It was an amazing experience. We were there for 36 hours and hired a private guide for both days. He spoke perfect English and the people of Cuba are so welcoming. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We shared the dock with an MSC ship one day and a NCL ship the second day.

Here is a pic of where you doc:

RC%20Empress%2006-2018-9460-M.jpg

RC%20Empress%2006-2018-9558-M.jpg

IMG_0682-M.jpg

RC%20Empress%2006-2018-9696-M.jpg

IMG_E0812-M.jpg

IMG_0977-L.jpg

We did Azamara cruise earlier this spring and it was wonderful - language isn't too much of a barrier, which is good since we speak very little Spanish.

If you have the desire to go, I'd recommend you go sooner than later as our guides told us it's amazing how quickly things are changing now that Americans are visiting the island (some changes better than others).

We just returned from a Cuba trip via RC. It was an amazing experience. We were there for 36 hours and hired a private guide for both days. He spoke perfect English and the people of Cuba are so welcoming. If you have any questions feel free to ask. We shared the dock with an MSC ship one day and a NCL ship the second day.

Kristin-can I ask how you found the English-speaking guide?

We are going to Cuba in January on Azamara and would like the flexibility of having someone show us around, rather than in a group on an organized excursion Did he have a car? A classic car? Can't wait to see those!

Did you eat any meals ashore? Try any street food?

Thanks for the great photos to whet the appetite!

Norris

Any chance Celebrity adds Cuba as a destination? I did search but haven't seen any recent posts about it.

If you've done a cruise to Cuba, what line did you use?

Thanks

Celebrity would have to do the same thing Royal Caribbean did with the Empress; pull the Horizon back from Pullmantur and rebrand it back to Celebrity. You need a smaller ship to dock in Cuba and the Horizon would work well. We will be on the Empress in October!

Enjoy!

Kel:D

Kristin-can I ask how you found the English-speaking guide?

We are going to Cuba in January on Azamara and would like the flexibility of having someone show us around, rather than in a group on an organized excursion Did he have a car? A classic car? Can't wait to see those!

Did you eat any meals ashore? Try any street food?

Thanks for the great photos to whet the appetite!

Norris

Hi......there are some great local tour companies you can use, We used Blexie Havana Tours. You can contact them via Facebook. Our guide spoke perfect English and is an air traffic controller by trade. His name was Isbel.....he pairs up with another man named Monolo who owns the car. Monolo did not speak much english and yes it was a beautiful 1950's Chevy Bel-Air (pic above at the beach). Their standard tour is about 6 hours and consists of a walking tour, a driving tour in the classic car and then ends with more walking tour in another part of Havana. They will customize the tour to your liking. We stopped and had drinks at one point. And we stopped and ate a great lunch with Mojitos too! The standard tour is $130 CUP (approx $150 US) and they can take up to 4 people at that price. That is the price for the tour not per person.

More pics here:

You can check out more tour company options on TrippAdvisor. I have heard great things about the company we used as well as:

I Love Cuba Photo Tours

Fertours

Havana Journeys

Keep in mind that internet isn't great there so sometimes it takes a little time for them to get back to you.

Hi......there are some great local tour companies you can use, We used Blexie Havana Tours. You can contact them via Facebook. Our guide spoke perfect English and is an air traffic controller by trade. His name was Isbel.....he pairs up with another man named Monolo who owns the car. Monolo did not speak much english and yes it was a beautiful 1950's Chevy Bel-Air (pic above at the beach). Their standard tour is about 6 hours and consists of a walking tour, a driving tour in the classic car and then ends with more walking tour in another part of Havana. They will customize the tour to your liking. We stopped and had drinks at one point. And we stopped and ate a great lunch with Mojitos too! The standard tour is $130 CUP (approx $150 US) and they can take up to 4 people at that price. That is the price for the tour not per person.

More pics here:

You can check out more tour company options on TrippAdvisor. I have heard great things about the company we used as well as:

I Love Cuba Photo Tours

Fertours

Havana Journeys

Keep in mind that internet isn't great there so sometimes it takes a little time for them to get back to you.

Kristin, thanks for all of this helpful info!

I have bookmarked your amazing photos to savor at my leisure. It looks like my camera will get a real workout!

cheers!

Norris

Nice photos - thanks for sharing.

More pics here:

I Love Cuba Photo Tours

Fertours

Havana Journeys