Encore alcohol

I’ve been unable to obtain a list of the included wines. They serve a lot of Oyster Bay Sauv Blanc (New Zealand). They also have an Italian Chardonnay (it is oaky) and Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio. They have at least 2 roses, neither are dry — even the one from Provence is very sweet.

The only red we’ve had came from the premium menu so I can’t comment on the reds.

I haven’t paid much attention to the liquor although I did note they have Tito’s and Grey Goose.

Champagne is a headache inducing Nicholas Fuillette (sp?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After asking multiple servers and the sommelier, I was finally able to obtain the complementary wine list at the Square. I swear the servers and sommelier are reluctant to provide any additional wine if it’s not the specific days’ selecrion or not premium. Every time I ask, I’m met with a disgruntled look.

beafd311be7bbc31021a3b30ae7b0133.jpgee0ec6e4ef5d00ff748254a469c50053.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting the 'complimentary' list, very useful. If I don't like what is on offer I usually describe what I would like and they normally come up with something suitable. Its disappointing that only one included champagne is offered, but then I suppose there is no incentive for Seabourn to encourage us to drink more. Silversea do at least offer a choice - Monopole or Pommery. Its a subjective thing I know, but I find both of those preferable to the NF, which usually has to be rendered drinkable by the addition of orange juice or cassis.

Well done for obtaining that elusive comp wine list. We tried, and failed, several times. I’m not sure why they are so reluctant to make it more easily available unless it’s to hide the fact they are cheaper “supermarket” brands which may bother the wine snobs but not us. If it tastes OK it’s fine with us.

You can also take your own wine on-board.

When we boarded in Cape Town we brought a number of bottles from our wine tour of the previous days. We would bring a bottle to dinner from time to time and found the sommeliers to be very interested in them and more than happy to set us up with the big glasses without having to be asked.

Thanks, Glittery Unicorn, for posting the information, especially on included wines. It is disconcerting, however, that there is "attitude" given when you ask for wine that is included, yet which is not on that day's list. As we will be sailing Encore this Fall, hopefully this type of "attitude" will have been nipped in the bud by then.

If necessary, a quiet word with the head sommelier or guest relations manager would likely improve things.

Thanks also for posting the menus. The Sushi place seems to be a nice additional venue to try.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks, Glittery Unicorn, for posting the information, especially on included wines. It is disconcerting, however, that there is "attitude" given when you ask for wine that is included, yet which is not on that day's list. As we will be sailing Encore this Fall, hopefully this type of "attitude" will have been nipped in the bud by then.

If necessary, a quiet word with the head sommelier or guest relations manager would likely improve things.

We always try to sit in the same section of the restaurant so the staff get to know our preferences.

I'll always try a different offering, but they always have a bottle of my "usual" handy in case I don't like what's offered:D

Interesting that this elusive list continues to be so - elusive. Even though on-board stock changes it can't be too difficult to update a list and have it available - they are not using typewriters and Xerox machines to make lists. I am going to do a test and ask for in advance - to have a list placed in my cabin upon arrival.

As I said in another post - we are not wine connoisseurs but do have opposite tastes - I like it - she hates it, she likes it, I hate it, so I am going to hold my own wine tasting (of included wines) when we first arrive on board.

Interesting that this elusive list continues to be so - elusive. Even though on-board stock changes it can't be too difficult to update a list and have it available - they are not using typewriters and Xerox machines to make lists. I am going to do a test and ask for in advance - to have a list placed in my cabin upon arrival.

As I said in another post - we are not wine connoisseurs but do have opposite tastes - I like it - she hates it, she likes it, I hate it, so I am going to hold my own wine tasting (of included wines) when we first arrive on board.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Gayleforce that that it is unlikely that you will have the list waiting for you in your suite. May I suggest a possibly more productive course of action instead? The first night introduce yourself to the Sommelier or the Bar Manager. Explain to that person that as you know there are many options and you and your wife have different preferences rather than grill the poor busy waiter if you knew in advance what the options were you would have a better idea of what to order in advance and could save everyone a lot of time and hassle. You see, you have now shown them that providing you with the list is in their best interest as well as yours. Win win.

But yes, as I have said before I do wish that in every passengers welcome on board packet there was a list of the wines available on that cruise (along with the ever important proviso that due to availability and stocking issues not all wines would be available throughout the cruise).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

thanks for the list....am on odyssey next month...so hopefully similar list.

it is rather funny that they do not want to freely give the list - it does seem to have a reverse effect - if they think not giving out the list makes people not notice more basic wines on the list - instead it seems to draw a lot of attention as seabourn 'hides' the list.

going by the comments on here it makes most people think it is worse than it is and somehow they are being short changed by the wines they have already included in their prices....rather than having as another person here suggested a tasting - on the first or second day- with a charismatic sommelier - would make the list look inviting, enjoyable and worth the included price.

Bobtails, I agree with you. Having a wine list would be great. On our recent Ovation cruise, I found a white bordeaux that I really liked. I can't remember the name--I always just asked for it as the white French bordeaux. I think it starts with a C.

Bobtails, I agree with you. Having a wine list would be great. On our recent Ovation cruise, I found a white bordeaux that I really liked. I can't remember the name--I always just asked for it as the white French bordeaux. I think it starts with a C.

thanks for the tip on the white - will keep an eye out when on board...

if wines were women and creamy chardonnay types were bubbly marilyn monroe types - i tend to go for the other end of the scale- crisp platinum blonde nordic spy - type wine... so if anyone has good recommendations for crisp dry end of things that they have tried onboard - it would be much appreciated....

Bob