Princess Cays.. what to do without spending a lot of money?

layteacher

We are going to be in Princess Cays for one day in October. what is the weather usually like (temps)? Can this just be a free beach day without spending a lot of money? We are also going to Nassau for a day and it looks like we will need to do an excursion there. Thanks in advance.

The weather should be nice - similar to Florida. I'm guessing 80-90 air temp and water will probably not have cooled down significantly yet (although I found it comfortably cool even in February while many on these boards will say the water is too cold since Atlantic vs. Caribbean).

I would strongly advise water shoes - the water line was very rocky/sharp in places.

You should easily be able to make this a beach day, no need for an excursion. Possibly bring money for souvenirs. We found the side of the beach to the right (across the foot bridge) to be quieter, less crowded. There was a local lady with some nice bags and jewelry on that side, and more shopping on the busier side. Music and children's play area were both on the busier (left) side. This was for Carnival, but I'd assume the same for Princess.

Princess Cays is beautiful and you don't need to spend any money at all (unless you want to buy a souvenir or two). I always buy a magnet-under $5 and small enough to fit in purse. Here's a few pics I took there on our last cruise in January. Water temp was perfect. We love Princess Cay!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Princess Cays is beautiful and you don't need to spend any money at all (unless you want to buy a souvenir or two). I always buy a magnet-under $5 and small enough to fit in purse. Here's a few pics I took there on our last cruise in January. Water temp was perfect. We love Princess Cay!

b78e464826f19f5d62ec64321efe507a.jpga6a67f3612c8d89668681331f3561116.jpg455f8f28292e6e8a2f30d71928d1c162.jpg8506213f846cead56dbe378c6be1b955.jpg