Single category upgrade

killarneylady

I’ve just booked cat 06 on Infinity 4 night cruise. I’m a Captains Club member and use a TA. I am happy with my cabin but never inquired about the one cat upgrade at booking. Just wondered how it works? Now that I’ve booked 06 should I be given 07 price? - just forgot about it at booking and saw someone mention upgrade in recent post here. Don’t want to change my 06 for 07 as not as desirable location available - in the event that’s what I’d need to do .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Since 06 and 07 are both ocean view staterooms, yes, you should have been able to pay the lower price for your cabin. I've heard that if you book directly with Celebrity, you don't get the discount unless you ask for it. Our travel agent always gets it for us. I don't know if you'll have any success if you ask now but you could always try.

Just be aware that there is a one-category-upgrade restriction that many often forget. In order to get your 6 loyalty upgrade at the 7 price, there has to be at least one 7 cabin available at the time you book your 6.

Enjoy!

There is some ambiguity (read that as inconstancy). I have been told by a celebrity agent that the upgrade is only given if there is a specific cabin available in the higher category...eg. if there is are C3 cabins available but only a C2 guarantee, then you can't book that C2 guarantee at the C3 price. I have also been told that people have been able to do that exact booking with a Celebrity agent.

Obviously, both can't be right....

Just the other day I was speaking on the phone to a Celebrity rep at the Captain’s Circle desk. I was calling about a question regarding the post -cruise survey I was expecting to find in my e mail.

After the rep answered that question, I asked about Summit cruises after the drydock.

My DH and I are interested in one of the cruises leaving San Juan.

She quoted me a price for an A2 cabin and mentioned the courtesy upgrade to an A1 cabin as well as giving us a senior rate. I did not have to ask for any of this,the rep automatically used the dicounts available.

Also, while on board, I was speaking with the Future Cruise rep about cruises to Canada and New England.That rep also included both discounts when he quoted a cruise fare to me.

So, if you are a past passenger, I guess you could expect the courtesy discounts when you are asking for a fare quote.

If none are offered, then you must ask for the courtesy.

Princess cruises also gives courtesy to for military, both active and veteran. I am not certain if Celebrity recognizes this,but it never hurts to ask.

There is some ambiguity (read that as inconstancy). I have been told by a celebrity agent that the upgrade is only given if there is a specific cabin available in the higher category...eg. if there is are C3 cabins available but only a C2 guarantee, then you can't book that C2 guarantee at the C3 price. I have also been told that people have been able to do that exact booking with a Celebrity agent.

Obviously, both can't be right....

Don't know. Both the OP and I were referring to booking specific cabins - not guarantees.

Last year I needed two adjacent Aqua cabins on a cruise and the only adjacents were A1s. But at the time there were no A2s available. So I had to wait until A2s became available before I could book my desired A1s at the A2 loyalty fare.

We just booked a cruise for 2019. As Captain Club members, one of the perks is a one category upgrade. As I understand it, you cannot upgrade outside the category. Concierge to Concierge, Aqua to Aqua.

For instance, when we called the travel agent, we picked a C2 stateroom but asked her to ask about the upgrade when calling Celebrity to book. We gave her a C2 cabin # and a C1 cabin # we knew was as available. We ended up with the C1 Aft Facing Stateroom (our favorite) for the price of the C2 Veranda. My understanding is that you need to request at time of booking. Wondering about others experiences.

We just booked a cruise for 2019. As Captain Club members, one of the perks is a one category upgrade. As I understand it, you cannot upgrade outside the category. Concierge to Concierge, Aqua to Aqua.

For instance, when we called the travel agent, we picked a C2 stateroom but asked her to ask about the upgrade when calling Celebrity to book. We gave her a C2 cabin # and a C1 cabin # we knew was as available. We ended up with the C1 Aft Facing Stateroom (our favorite) for the price of the C2 Veranda. My understanding is that you need to request at time of booking. Wondering about others experiences.

I think you got lucky as it has been my understanding that among the exclusions for the 1 category upgrade has been an upgrade from C2 pricing for a C1 cabin.

I think you got lucky as it has been my understanding that among the exclusions for the 1 category upgrade has been an upgrade from C2 pricing for a C1 cabin.

I am not so sure about it being lucky as we have two other couples joining us and they had the same thing happen. We all made reservations at different times. One couple made their reservation 2 days after us (July 5) and the other couple made their reservation 2 or 3 days ago. We also had a C2 for the price of a C3 three years ago on a Celebrity Baltic Cruise. I am thinking the operative word is "category" C1 is excluded from an upgrade as that is the highest of the category. Thoughts?

........... I am thinking the operative word is "category" C1 is excluded from an upgrade as that is the highest of the category. Thoughts?

That is what it still says on the website:

Captain's Club one category upgrade excludes category 12, FV, SV, C1 and guarantee categories, Z, Y, X, XC, XA, W. This offer cannot be used with certain restricted fares including but not limited to travel agent and employee rates.

Celebrity Benefits: Enroll in Captain's Club