Royalton White Sands vs. Blue Water Beach Club- opinions please..

big al

Hello all- Four of us ( all adults 50-66) will be arriving in Falmouth in Nov 2018 on the Harmony Of The Seas. I have narrowed our choices down to 2 beach clubs, the Royalton White Sands ( $98 pp ) & the Blue Water Bch Club ( $79.95 pp)...here is what we looking for:

1) Not too far from the ship

2) Nice beach, no rocks!

3) Pool would be great

4) All inclusive nice, but not mandatory ( both are A.I. here..)

** Any other recommendations would be welcomed..I think almost $100 pp is STEEP, considering I go to Nachi Cocum in Cozumel for only $59 pp, and it's great...Red Stripe Beach was a choice, but recently was sold by RCI I understand...Thanks! :cool:

Big Al

It seems that those two resorts are right next to each other. We purchased a pass for both from Shore Excursioneer:

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/falmouth/all-inclusive-royalton-resort-day-pass.html

It's on special for $80 for both resorts. I haven't gone yet (March), but will report back when I do.

Thanks! Be looking forward to your review..what ship?

Big Al

It seems that those two resorts are right next to each other. We purchased a pass for both from Shore Excursioneer:

https://www.shoreexcursioneer.com/falmouth/all-inclusive-royalton-resort-day-pass.html

It's on special for $80 for both resorts. I haven't gone yet (March), but will report back when I do.

Where are you seeing $80? I am seeing $99. Will jump on it for $80. Thanks.

Are Blue Waters Beach Club and Royalton Blue Waters the same? I've seen posts about a non-AI experience at Blue Waters Beach Club but Royalton Blue Waters is for sure adjacent to Royalton White Sands and both have AI. Where are you finding the $80 AI price?

that shore excursioneer link I posted is for $80. Click on Book Now and add in 1 adult and the price comes up $80 with the automatic coupon code in there.
Can you let me know the coupon code? The one i see is just 10% off deposit but doesn't change the total price. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

We did this excursion through Shore Excursioneer back in Dec. on the NCL Epic. Royalton White Sands and Blue Waters are side by side resorts. These are beautiful resorts with adult only pools and also a children's area that they even make into a suds pool at times. They have a lazy river and infinity pools throughout the 2 resorts. The beach area has clean sugar fine sand and they have an island that you can walk/wade out to. The food was great and the drinks were strong. They have swim up bars and at noon, they have a hut on the beach that serves jerk chicken. They have a huge dinning hall that has a buffet lunch with everything you can think of from meats, vegetables, fruits, and even cooked to order dishes. The service is awesome. They provide you nice plush towels, unlike the cheap ones on the ship. Nothing negative to say at all about the resort's facilities, service or food.

The only downside was having to wait at the Port for everyone to show up to go to the resort. It seems disorganized and I did not like that I had to wait for people who could not get at the meeting tent by the set time on the reservation. We were over 30 mins late leaving the port. The resort is only about 15 mins from the port. We are back in Falmouth in March on the Escape, and we want to go back, but we are also exploring maybe a little less expensive options.

Hope this helps. If you can manage the price, the resorts are so nice, I would go back outside a cruise just to stay at the resorts.

We did this excursion through Shore Excursioneer back in Dec. on the NCL Epic. Royalton White Sands and Blue Waters are side by side resorts. These are beautiful resorts with adult only pools and also a children's area that they even make into a suds pool at times. They have a lazy river and infinity pools throughout the 2 resorts. The beach area has clean sugar fine sand and they have an island that you can walk/wade out to. The food was great and the drinks were strong. They have swim up bars and at noon, they have a hut on the beach that serves jerk chicken. They have a huge dinning hall that has a buffet lunch with everything you can think of from meats, vegetables, fruits, and even cooked to order dishes. The service is awesome. They provide you nice plush towels, unlike the cheap ones on the ship. Nothing negative to say at all about the resort's facilities, service or food.

The only downside was having to wait at the Port for everyone to show up to go to the resort. It seems disorganized and I did not like that I had to wait for people who could not get at the meeting tent by the set time on the reservation. We were over 30 mins late leaving the port. The resort is only about 15 mins from the port. We are back in Falmouth in March on the Escape, and we want to go back, but we are also exploring maybe a little less expensive options.

Hope this helps. If you can manage the price, the resorts are so nice, I would go back outside a cruise just to stay at the resorts.

Thank you so much for the review! I think you've sold me!

THank you so much for the review!!! We are doing this in March. Can you comment on the options for returning? Can you go back when you want? Or is there a set time for returning to the ship? Did you feel rushed? Our ship leaves at 5:00- I want to make sure we'll have enough time getting back. Also can you comment on safety? With all the stuff about safety in Jamaica right now, did you feel safe there at the resort, and in transit?

Hi,

Just got back from our cruise... Feb 11, 2018. We went to the Royalton Blue Water/White Sand. It was easy to find the meeting point, the driver was super friendly, and set the return time to pick us up before he left. The driver was at the hotel early.

The one thing that did throw us is when we checked in at the hotel they took our ID's. I was OK with that as I also had our passports, but my in laws gave them their passports so were there without any ID. The hotel holds them until you leave and then gives them back. I was comfortable as they had our driver's licenses but I had our passports in my purse. Bring 2 forms of ID if this makes you uncomfortable.

We arrived around 10 A.M. and the breakfast buffet was being served. We had already eaten but the food looked really tasty. The all you can eat/drink was wonderful. My kids drank every drink on the menu and I think we did as well...They were very generous with the spirits..:) The Jerk Chicken and lunch buffet was tasty.

They did have security on the beach but their are people walking and selling items. My husband was approached by Captain Sticky selling marijuana, but a quick response of No sent him walking and he left us alone the rest of the day.

The water slides and lazy river were super fun...pools were terrific as well. The 2 hotels were an easy walk back and forth..

We never felt unsafe...even with all of the rumors of the Govt. unrest...

I highly recommend going... the people were absolutely amazing...super friendly and a great way for my family to spend their day in Jamaica!

Hi,

Just got back from our cruise... Feb 11, 2018. We went to the Royalton Blue Water/White Sand. It was easy to find the meeting point, the driver was super friendly, and set the return time to pick us up before he left. The driver was at the hotel early.

The one thing that did throw us is when we checked in at the hotel they took our ID's. I was OK with that as I also had our passports, but my in laws gave them their passports so were there without any ID. The hotel holds them until you leave and then gives them back. I was comfortable as they had our driver's licenses but I had our passports in my purse. Bring 2 forms of ID if this makes you uncomfortable.

We arrived around 10 A.M. and the breakfast buffet was being served. We had already eaten but the food looked really tasty. The all you can eat/drink was wonderful. My kids drank every drink on the menu and I think we did as well...They were very generous with the spirits..:) The Jerk Chicken and lunch buffet was tasty.

They did have security on the beach but their are people walking and selling items. My husband was approached by Captain Sticky selling marijuana, but a quick response of No sent him walking and he left us alone the rest of the day.

The water slides and lazy river were super fun...pools were terrific as well. The 2 hotels were an easy walk back and forth..

I highly recommend going... the people were absolutely amazing...super friendly and a great way for my family to spend their day in Jamaica!

Sounds great! Were there hot tubs there ? Was the pool heated? How was the beach water? Any rocks? Thanks!!

Big Al :cool:

Hi,

This is great to hear! Did you also book through Shore Excursioneer? I'm feeling better and better about my decision to do this- we will have 2 kids with us as well- sounds like there's something for everyone. Thank you for the tip on the IDs.

We did book through Shore Excusioneer. The deposit is paid up front and the remaining balance is collected when you get on the shuttle. If you pay by card on the shuttle there is a 5% charge so you might want to bring cash. My husband was nervous about getting off of the ship in Jamaica and is so glad we did. My boys are 10, 12, and 14.. and there was something for all of us. Have a great trip!

Sounds great! Were there hot tubs there ? Was the pool heated? How was the beach water? Any rocks? Thanks!!

Big Al :cool:

I am not sure about hot tubs, we were in the ocean and the pool the whole day! The lazy rivers water was brisk, but it was 80 and we are from Oregon, so it was a heat wave for us. The beach was sandy... The workers were collecting rocks from the sand, so it is well maintained.

We did book through Shore Excusioneer. The deposit is paid up front and the remaining balance is collected when you get on the shuttle. If you pay by card on the shuttle there is a 5% charge so you might want to bring cash. My husband was nervous about getting off of the ship in Jamaica and is so glad we did. My boys are 10, 12, and 14.. and there was something for all of us. Have a great trip!

Fantastic. Thank you. I booked through them too. Was the meeting point inside the protected "port area"? My kids are 10 and 12 so it should be a similar experience! :) Did you need cash for anything else? Tipping maybe?

THank you so much for the review!!! We are doing this in March. Can you comment on the options for returning? Can you go back when you want? Or is there a set time for returning to the ship? Did you feel rushed? Our ship leaves at 5:00- I want to make sure we'll have enough time getting back. Also can you comment on safety? With all the stuff about safety in Jamaica right now, did you feel safe there at the resort, and in transit?

The driver set the time when we were going to the Hotel. We had agreed to 3 P.M. as our ship left at 5 and I wanted to do some shopping in the plaza. The time was negotiable, and he would have come whenever we requested. The hotel is 15 minutes away. If you are worried about not wanting to set a time, I know our driver would have given us his name and phone number and the hotel would have called him. Everyone was so helpful. It was the only day on the cruise that I didn't feel rushed. We were able to enjoy the beach, pool, eat, drink, and relax... I agree about the security and the nerves in Jamaica..and understand the concern! I never felt unsafe in transit or at the resort. The resort is a short distance away from the port. My husband was not going to leave the ship, and was convinced it was OK after I spoke to at least 5 workers on the ship who all confirmed that the Royalton is a wonderful hotel and very safe.

Fantastic. Thank you. I booked through them too. Was the meeting point inside the protected "port area"? My kids are 10 and 12 so it should be a similar experience! :) Did you need cash for anything else? Tipping maybe?

The meeting area is in the parking lot of the protected area. It is a white tent right past the shops and an easy walk. I did bring some $5's. There are vendors that walk along the shore by the water, and I purchased some necklaces and braclets. The vendors are not allowed to stop there, they have to walk by and leave you alone unless you talk to them. We even saw horses in the water and saw a couple swim out and go for a ride! One of the necklaces I purchased for $5 was at the protected area shops for $20 and the shops do not negotiate...

You will have a blast!

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone who has been comment on the water? I know it can be dependent on the weather, but is it generally calm or more on the rough side? DD (8) just broke her wrist and while she will be transitioned down from a cast to a removable brace so she can swim, the doctor did say no big waves. We had originally planned on zip lining at Good Hope, but now that that's off the table, we are looking for a nice, relaxed beach day, instead.

Can anyone who has been comment on the water? I know it can be dependent on the weather, but is it generally calm or more on the rough side? DD (8) just broke her wrist and while she will be transitioned down from a cast to a removable brace so she can swim, the doctor did say no big waves. We had originally planned on zip lining at Good Hope, but now that that's off the table, we are looking for a nice, relaxed beach day, instead.
I went last week. There are two different beach areas, we only went to the White Sands side. It was a yellow flag day (use caution) the day we went as it was pretty windy, and there was some waves upon getting in, just a bit further out it wasn't bad. For a calmer entrance stick to the right side near the small island. I do suggest water shoes, there were a few hidden rocks in the surf and I managed to trip on one and got a bad bruise on the underside of my foot. The water was very nice, much warmer than two days later in the Bahamas.

I went last week. There are two different beach areas, we only went to the White Sands side. It was a yellow flag day (use caution) the day we went as it was pretty windy, and there was some waves upon getting in, just a bit further out it wasn't bad. For a calmer entrance stick to the right side near the small island. I do suggest water shoes, there were a few hidden rocks in the surf and I managed to trip on one and got a bad bruise on the underside of my foot. The water was very nice, much warmer than two days later in the Bahamas.

Thanks for the feedback- how was the rest of your visit? THe food? drinks? pool? Also, were there lockers available?