Online check in

prestige809

I do it way before final payment. You at least want to lock in your dining and check-in (when available) times.

As do I. You can do it partially, or completely, or completely knowing you are going to change it prior to sailing.

I want specifically dining and check-in time as soon as available.

I had selected the dining time and king bed already (I booked for July 14 on February 24th) but didnt know we could do the online check in before it was fully paid!

I went and did it now, and the earliest available check in at the port was 11:30 already! I didnt realize they would fill up, or maybe that's just plat/dia & fttf that are earlier?

Guess we'll be early anyway, as the hotel checkout time is 11, and we are taking the hotel shuttle, not sure if we have the choice or not of when to go or if they will take all their park & cruise folks at one time.

Funny, I decided to go a day early and stay at the hotel so I wouldnt have to be so concerned with port check in time and Im still confused about it.

Oh well :')

I had selected the dining time and king bed already (I booked for July 14 on February 24th) but didnt know we could do the online check in before it was fully paid!

I went and did it now, and the earliest available check in at the port was 11:30 already! I didnt realize they would fill up, or maybe that's just plat/dia & fttf that are earlier?

Guess we'll be early anyway, as the hotel checkout time is 11, and we are taking the hotel shuttle, not sure if we have the choice or not of when to go or if they will take all their park & cruise folks at one time.

Funny, I decided to go a day early and stay at the hotel so I wouldnt have to be so concerned with port check in time and Im still confused about it.

I booked in November for my July cruise and the earliest time was 11:30. Periodically I would continue to check but there was never anything earlier. Who knows, maybe 11:30 was the earliest time offerred...I don’t know. :confused:

What port are you sailing out of? The earliest check-in times depend on whether or not that terminal is even open. We sailed out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) a couple years ago and had a 10:30 check-in. I think the terminal opened at 10:00 because there were already a lot of people inside. We’ll be sailing out of the Port of Miami in June. I think their terminal opens at 11:00 (we have 11:30, but also have FTTF). Platinum, diamond, & FTTF still pick check-in times online, but technically they can check-in anytime they like. Carnival prefers you pick a time that is close to when you’ll actually show up to keep things running smoothly.

Depending on where you’re staying and how far your hotel is from the port, your shuttle might take a little while to get there. When that shuttle leaves the hotel depends on hotel policy. They should load as many as they can, might have more than one shuttle van. If you get to the terminal early, you’ll have to wait before you can go inside and start the check-in process. If you’re checking any of your luggage, porters will be outside to take them near where your shuttle drops you off. Once inside, you go through security first (scan bags, check documents) then move on to the Carnival desk. I look at it this way...even if we had to wait outside the terminal for a little while, we’re that much closer to being on the ship.

What port are you sailing out of? The earliest check-in times depend on whether or not that terminal is even open. We sailed out of Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) a couple years ago and had a 10:30 check-in. I think the terminal opened at 10:00 because there were already a lot of people inside. We’ll be sailing out of the Port of Miami in June. I think their terminal opens at 11:00 (we have 11:30, but also have FTTF). Platinum, diamond, & FTTF still pick check-in times online, but technically they can check-in anytime they like. Carnival prefers you pick a time that is close to when you’ll actually show up to keep things running smoothly.

Depending on where you’re staying and how far your hotel is from the port, your shuttle might take a little while to get there. When that shuttle leaves the hotel depends on hotel policy. They should load as many as they can, might have more than one shuttle van. If you get to the terminal early, you’ll have to wait before you can go inside and start the check-in process. If you’re checking any of your luggage, porters will be outside to take them near where your shuttle drops you off. Once inside, you go through security first (scan bags, check documents) then move on to the Carnival desk. I look at it this way...even if we had to wait outside the terminal for a little while, we’re that much closer to being on the ship.

We're doing Glory out of Miami 4/28 and booked 2/1 and went ahead and picked the earliest available check in which is at 11:30. I don't know if there's an 11 or if that's FTTF.

To the OP, I do online check in as soon as I book it and do the dining room assignments and check in time if I can and fill out most of it .I recheck it about 2 weeks out to make sure everything is correct .

We're doing Glory out of Miami 4/28 and booked 2/1 and went ahead and picked the earliest available check in which is at 11:30. I don't know if there's an 11 or if that's FTTF.
We're on the Glory (Miami) in June. We have an 11:30 check-in too, but I thought that was because we missed the 11:00 slots. I thought I had read on here at one point that the Miami terminal opened at 11, maybe not. Priority passengers (Plat., Diamond, FTTF) don't have earlier check-in times to choose from, they pick from the same pool of slots as everyone else. Only difference being, they're allowed to check-in earlier than the time they have, if they want.

I have looked all over Carnival's website and my booking, but can't find the option for check in times. It says my Check In is complete, but I haven't selected a check in time. Am I missing something and asking a foolish question? Or is my cruise still too far out in December for the option to be available?

I have looked all over Carnival's website and my booking, but can't find the option for check in times. It says my Check In is complete, but I haven't selected a check in time. Am I missing something and asking a foolish question? Or is my cruise still too far out in December for the option to be available?

It only opens up about six months out. Start checking in about a month.