Best thing to do in Key West?

skycomb

We are going the week after Thanksgiving via a cruise. Will it be too cold to be beach/pool side? We'd reserved a room at the Waldorf to use the resort for the day. I'm now concerned it will be too cold!!

Avg November high temp is about 80. It feels a lot hotter than that when you're in the sun.

We are going the week after Thanksgiving via a cruise. Will it be too cold to be beach/pool side? We'd reserved a room at the Waldorf to use the resort for the day. I'm now concerned it will be too cold!!

This seems expensive to me. You can use the pool at Dante's at the Key West Bight or one of the ones at the Marker Hotel behind the Schooner Wharf Bar as long as you buy a drink.

Pjk

• 2 weeks later...

Key West is an amazing stop to get off at and look around. Lots of cool history and fun little bars and restaurants to check out. Great food, amazing people and totally worth the stop.

For a first visit walking down to the Hemingway House is a nice way to admire some of the architecture and learn about some of the history of the island. Also the Hemingway House has polydactyl cats :) :)

Try some Key Lime Pie or go to Kilwins on Duval for the best fudge ever!

Key West is an amazing stop to get off at and look around. Lots of cool history and fun little bars and restaurants to check out. Great food, amazing people and totally worth the stop.

For a first visit walking down to the Hemingway House is a nice way to admire some of the architecture and learn about some of the history of the island. Also the Hemingway House has polydactyl cats :) :)

Try some Key Lime Pie or go to Kilwins on Duval for the best fudge ever!

I would agree with all of the above except I would skip Kilwins in favor of something local like Flamingo Crossing Handmade Ice Cream. Kilwins is a yankee institution from MIchigan and has stores all over the country.

Mike:)

I would agree with all of the above except I would skip Kilwins in favor of something local like Flamingo Crossing Handmade Ice Cream. Kilwins is a yankee institution from MIchigan and has stores all over the country.

Mike:)

I agree. Flamingo Crossing has the best ice cream in town. Also, if you want something more similar to Kilwins (fudge, candy and cookies) go to Matteessens on Duval. Much better in my opinion.

Edited by keywester33
Spelled wrong

• 1 month later...