Garden of the Sleeping Giant on our own - Lautoka

CRUSINGFAMILY

We took a taxi that was arranged by a tour company at the pier. If I had to do it again, I would walk past them and find the taxis and negotiate with the individuals. Our driver took us first to the Gardens, then stayed with us (nearby) while we shopped in town, took us to his town where we roamed around a market place, and then he invited us to his home for tea. How special is that? It was a great day, and we learned a lot.

I wrote a pretty extensive review on my website: https://donnagawell.com/ On the menu, find "Travel to Europe and Australia" and then find Lautoka and other links of interest. I wrote a few articles on Fiji and they are found under the home page in posts.

We took a taxi that was arranged by a tour company at the pier. If I had to do it again, I would walk past them and find the taxis and negotiate with the individuals. Our driver took us first to the Gardens, then stayed with us (nearby) while we shopped in town, took us to his town where we roamed around a market place, and then he invited us to his home for tea. How special is that? It was a great day, and we learned a lot.

I wrote a pretty extensive review on my website: https://donnagawell.com/ On the menu, find "Travel to Europe and Australia" and then find Lautoka and other links of interest. I wrote a few articles on Fiji and they are found under the home page in posts.

I read your review and would like to ask for the name of the company/person that took you for the day and would you mind sharing what you paid for this adventure?

You state that if you were to do it again you would walk past and negotiate with drivers further on. With what seemed like an amazing day why do you say that?

I am sorry that I can't recall the name of the tour company. When you depart the ship, you will see a line of tour companies. I believe the one we used had a woman's name. The reason I said to go straight to the taxi driver was that she was "the middle man". While it worked out fine, I think it would have been more savvy to just go a bit farther and negotiate with a taxi driver. The cost was about $90-100 USD.