Puerto Madryn & Peninsula Valdés

TMLAalum

We are investigating heading to Peninsula Valdes when the Eclipse is in Puerto Madryn in 2019.

So far have gotten replies from Flamenco Tours and AllPeninsulaValdes, & looked at reviews on Trip Advisor. Has anyone uses either of these companies and, if so, can you relate your experience?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
We are using Sentir Patagonia for Peninsula Valdes in March. Will let you know how it is. So far the company has been very responsive.

Pam

Hi Pam!

Please do let me know because we ended up booking with them for Peninsula Valdes/Estancia San Lorenzo. Flamenco was very responsive, but of those I researched, Sentir was the only company to offer both PV & the Estancia. It's pricey, but @$145 less per person than Celeb's excursion to those places!

Our roll call has a tour leader who is using Sentir for Punta Tomba. I think he has like 40-60 people signed up, but we are a group of 13 family and friends from previous cruises.

• 4 weeks later...
We are using Sentir Patagonia for Peninsula Valdes in March. Will let you know how it is. So far the company has been very responsive.

Pam

I just used them about two weeks ago and they were prompt, showed us what they said and then since we were prompt we got to see something else.

In hindsight, I would not recommend going to Peninsula Valdes. The wildlife is at quite a distance and since we had just been to Volunteer Point, it was a let down. I heard there were a lot more penguins/wildlife at Punto Tombo

I just used them about two weeks ago and they were prompt, showed us what they said and then since we were prompt we got to see something else.

In hindsight, I would not recommend going to Peninsula Valdes. The wildlife is at quite a distance and since we had just been to Volunteer Point, it was a let down. I heard there were a lot more penguins/wildlife at Punto Tombo

Thanks for the info, Valley Gal! Hopefully we will see penguins at Estancia San Lorenzo if they & other wildlife are difficult to spot at Valdes. Binoculars are on our packing list, for sure!

Also, we have the opportunity to see penguins in Punta Arenas, provided the seas are calm enough for our private tour to the reserve of Magdalena Is.

The Magellanic penguin colony at Estancia San Lorenzo makes for a great experience! You'll definitely see them up close. I think the elephant seals and sea lions at the Peninsula are also well worth it. We were there last February. And, yes, definitely pack binoculars. If you are going to Port Stanley by any chance, you'll have great opportunity to see the Gentoos. Another fantastic experience.

We are investigating heading to Peninsula Valdes when the Eclipse is in Puerto Madryn in 2019.

So far have gotten replies from Flamenco Tours and AllPeninsulaValdes, & looked at reviews on Trip Advisor. Has anyone uses either of these companies and, if so, can you relate your experience?

Thanks!

Gidday Barb,

Don't know why this came up as we are not on this cruise.We did the tour a couple of years ago from Infinity. Used the ship tour, cant remember the price but it was FABULOUS. It is a long drive from the ship, but with eagle eyes, you can spot wildlife on the way. Guide was great, she said Orcas were there 2 days before. Really got up close to penguins sea lions etc. Had 3-4 stops at different beaches.

P1100640.thumb.jpg.e9b1dae78e5c46f91db6fe2ee01e7efb.jpg

How are you guys doing?Hope not to cold for you. we are having a boiling summer. only 89 days till we are back on Eclipse in a june round the Uk

All the best,

Ron & Sandra

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have been to Punta Tombo and Peninsula Valdez. We used Flamenco Tours to go to Peninsula Valdez in January. They did a very nice job and we were very pleased with the tour company. We definitely enjoyed Punta Tombo more than PV, since there were many more penguins. You can see photos from our tour in our review that is on our website, which is linked to in my signature. You can also see photos from our Punta Tombo excursion in 2011 there.