Booking Fred through Saga

silversurf

Experiences please? Do you get all the Saga perks? Eg. Included insurance, car to and from home etc.
Yes. Included car to and from port or parking at port, and insurance. (Reduction if insurance not needed.) Also free drinks package was included on all 2017 Fred cruises booked through Saga with free gratuities for cruises of 14 nights or more. Presume will be same this year.

Check on Saga website.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Had a look at Saga website prices for a cruise this summer which are currently on special offer from Fred Olsen direct - nothing reduced.

The FO direct price was several hundred pounds cheaper - and our regular cruise agent was offering the same deal.

Had a look at Saga website prices for a cruise this summer which are currently on special offer from Fred Olsen direct - nothing reduced.

The FO direct price was several hundred pounds cheaper - and our regular cruise agent was offering the same deal.

The FO reduced prices will probably be "Anchor" prices ie: no choice of cabin or dining time.

The Saga price will still include cabin and dining time choice, car to and from the port, travel insurance (or reduction if not needed) and drinks package etc.

Well spotted - I just saw the headline price and thought "no thanks" to that offer.

Friends have booked at the FO offer price, not too fussed about choice of cabin restriction, and OK to pay the small extra charge to join us on 1st sitting.

Even with the Drinks Package added it's a very good saving, and the car transfer is another non issue as we literally live "just up the road" from Rosyth.

Just out of interest, are you able to access 'manage my cruise' on Fred after booking through Saga?

I ask, because we have booked a Saga cruise through our usual TA and Saga are refusing us access to manage our booking.

It seems a contradiction in their attitude if you can.

I'd be really grateful for a response as I am taking the matter up with ABTA

We reserved our upcoming Fred Olsen cruise onboard Braemar last summer and therefore thought the new booking was with FO direct - was surprised when the TA who had administered our previous booking with FO assumed responsibility for the newer one.

I would reckon any changes to bookings etc. have to be done through your TA as it was they with whom you initiated the business, not SAGA.

Could be chaos if two different offices were allowed to administer.

You have misunderstood, the manage my booking allows you to view excursions, purchase drinks packages etc. Every other cruise line we have booked with through a TA allow us to do this.

My query was directed at Malch_uk although I should have used quote to make it clear

Just out of interest, are you able to access 'manage my cruise' on Fred after booking through Saga?

I ask, because we have booked a Saga cruise through our usual TA and Saga are refusing us access to manage our booking.

It seems a contradiction in their attitude if you can.

I'd be really grateful for a response as I am taking the matter up with ABTA

Have you paid the full balance yet? You don't usually get access to these things until you have. I think your first port of call should be the travel agent to ask what the situation is.

If you book a FO cruise through Saga they don't pass your details to FO until the full balance has been paid. You then receive correspondence from FO including shore tour booking information etc.

No, the full balance hasn’t been paid. Interesting that you ask that.

We have cruises booked with Cunard and Oceania for the coming months and as soon as the deposit was paid, through our TA, we have access to our booking so that we can purchase excursions, transfers, speciality restaurants, drinks packages etc.

When we have booked direct with Saga for a Saga cruise we have access to our booking, showing itinerary, excursions etc. as soon as the booking is made.

It seems very odd that Saga restrict bookings with TA’s in this way.

WeeCountyMan - no real explanation as to why :(

TA cannot understand it either, as he said companies are normally falling over themselves to get you to spend more money with them:)