Vietnam Visa question? VOA or at embassy?

aharris0614

Can't quite find the answer to this...

I am arriving to Hanoi by air (HAN).

Leaving Hanoi and flying to Singapore for a cruise. Entering Saigon/HCMC by cruise then flying out of HCMC to visit Seim Reap.

Can I use the VOA (multiple entry)? Or do I have to visit the embassy? My thought is that this counts as a multi-entry and since I am arriving initially by air I could possibly do the VOA (e-visa)? Can anyone confirm?

Thank you.

A little more digging and I think I found my own answer haha. As long as 1st arrival is by air - the subsequent arrivals can be air, land or sea. All are covered by getting the Visa On Arrival...

With all the comings and goings you do want to make sure you get it right or your holiday will be ruined.

All this visa talk (this and a rather sad Bristol visa story) has now got me concerned. I’m still confident I’m fine but doubts have crept in for our departure from the U.K. to Singapore and return from Hong Kong. I’m sure they both are fine for UK citizens.

The Vietnam cruise has an overnight in HCMC and Harlong Bay and another stop in Danang. All arrivals and departures are by sea.

Will ring to treble check!!

All this visa talk (this and a rather sad Bristol visa story) has now got me concerned. I’m still confident I’m fine but doubts have crept in for our departure from the U.K. to Singapore and return from Hong Kong. I’m sure they both are fine for UK citizens.

The Vietnam cruise has an overnight in HCMC and Harlong Bay and another stop in Danang. All arrivals and departures are by sea.

Will ring to treble check!!

Your cruise ship will organise your Vietnam visas and you will be charged on your shipboard account.

Some like Princess cruises are expensive and are really gouging their passengers. Others like Celebrity are only charging $6 USD per passengers, at last check anyway.

Singapore and HK are no problems for you.

Your cruise ship will organise your Vietnam visas and you will be charged on your shipboard account.

Some like Princess cruises are expensive and are really gouging their passengers. Others like Celebrity are only charging $6 USD per passengers, at last check anyway.

Singapore and HK are no problems for you.

Many thanks. That was my recollection of what happens, though think that it's done for free on Silversea. (No problem either way.... Just want to be sure I don't arrive at the port in Singapore and denied boarding because of visa issues!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I’d update.

Silversea do indeed sort the required Vietnam Visas. Be warned though. Arriving by Ship is easier than by air and there is a caviate on their “day” visa...... you need to be over night on the ship at places the ship is there overnight. No hotel excursions or longer trips involving a stay off the ship on those Visas, so please bare in mind

We just got back from a Celebrity cruise that included 3 ports in Vietnam and the ship handled our visas for us. We chose to overnight in a hotel in Hanoi so we needed a different visa than most of the passengers. We had to let the ship know in advance, then the morning of arrival in Halong Bay, we collected our passports from officials in one of the conference rooms. The system that morning seemed very disorganized and we spend about 30-40 minutes in line waiting. $28 per person was charged to our shipboard account for the visas.