LGA - How early to arrive before flight?

skiiergirl

If departing LGA, how early should you attempt to arrive for your flight? (Specifically Delta terminal) (We do have TSA pre-check also.)

TIA!

Your "mission" is then to arrive curbside 1 hour before scheduled departure, especially if doing carry-on but a little extra 15 minutes won't hurt if doing a bag drop (assume you'll have access to F/J lines with counter agent.)

Use Waze to calculate your real-time navigation or travel time to the airport, LGA is still going thru its multi-year reconstruction & redevelopment, Delta's Terminal C and D are the focus. Coming from Manhattan, the most likely mid/late morning & midday bottleneck would be upon exiting the highway (Grand Central Parkway) inside the airport's service roads.

P.S. I like your "disclaimers" about typo under the expanded signature.

What time is your flight from LGA? I see that you will be arriving on the Adventure repo from San Juan on Thursday May 10. Are you planning to book a car service to LGA? IMO you need "big picture" advice that takes into consideration the repo, your luggage retrieval concerns, and your need to get to LGA on a Thursday morning.

Your "mission" is then to arrive curbside 1 hour before scheduled departure, especially if doing carry-on but a little extra 15 minutes won't hurt if doing a bag drop (assume you'll have access to F/J lines with counter agent.)

Use Waze to calculate your real-time navigation or travel time to the airport, LGA is still going thru its multi-year reconstruction & redevelopment, Delta's Terminal C and D are the focus. Coming from Manhattan, the most likely mid/late morning & midday bottleneck would be upon exiting the highway (Grand Central Parkway) inside the airport's service roads.

P.S. I like your "disclaimers" about typo under the expanded signature.

Thanks for all!

What time is your flight from LGA? I see that you will be arriving on the Adventure repo from San Juan on Thursday May 10. Are you planning to book a car service to LGA? IMO you need "big picture" advice that takes into consideration the repo, your luggage retrieval concerns, and your need to get to LGA on a Thursday morning.

Actually, we are staying one night. (I had to beg but Mr Ski agreed to one night only.) So we will be flying out in the late afternoon/early evening on a Friday. We will be leaving Mangattan Times Square vicinity to get to LGA.

Skier Girl. Hi [emoji112]. Not that I know anything about LGA. Just stop by to say hi.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well,”Hey there” back at you!

I have TSA Pre Check too but I like to arrive two hours before the flight.

Even with TSA Pre Check you never know if there will be some issue.

Keith

I agree....we try not to ever “push it too close” so always allow some leeway at all airports but didn’t know if LGA needed more!

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, we are staying one night. (I had to beg but Mr Ski agreed to one night only.) So we will be flying out in the late afternoon/early evening on a Friday. We will be leaving Mangattan Times Square vicinity to get to LGA.

Your departure time will have you leaving Manhattan during rush hour, which will mean extra traffic. (You're heading towards the suburbs, which is where most of the traffic will be heading.)

Additionally, there is major construction going on at LGA, which can impact traffic around the airport depending on where they're working that day.

Delta at LGA is in its own separate terminals, which is great, but do plan extra time to get to the airport because of the issues I raised above. Also know WHICH terminal you're leaving from (Delta has C and D) to ensure you get dropped off in the right place. It is possible to get from one to the other, but that will add time.

Have fun!!

you LGA is a problem in a couple of ways - just getting into the airport can be an ordeal because of MAJOR reconstruction - sometimes over 30 minutes from airport entrance to terminal. You should allow two hours from cruise terminal to airport and MINIMUM one hour to check in - even with Pre-Chek. I would not book a flight earlier than three (preferably four) hours from the time I am reasonably certain to be off the ship with bags in hand. The 12:00 noon idea makes sense.

Your departure time will have you leaving Manhattan during rush hour, which will mean extra traffic. (You're heading towards the suburbs, which is where most of the traffic will be heading.)

Additionally, there is major construction going on at LGA, which can impact traffic around the airport depending on where they're working that day.

Delta at LGA is in its own separate terminals, which is great, but do plan extra time to get to the airport because of the issues I raised above. Also know WHICH terminal you're leaving from (Delta has C and D) to ensure you get dropped off in the right place. It is possible to get from one to the other, but that will add time.

Have fun!!

you LGA is a problem in a couple of ways - just getting into the airport can be an ordeal because of MAJOR reconstruction - sometimes over 30 minutes from airport entrance to terminal. You should allow two hours from cruise terminal to airport and MINIMUM one hour to check in - even with Pre-Chek. I would not book a flight earlier than three (preferably four) hours from the time I am reasonably certain to be off the ship with bags in hand. The 12:00 noon idea makes sense.

Thanks so much!

Thanks for all!

What’s your actual flight time? Crosstown on a Friday to LGA scares me! Do allow far more time than you think you need. Traffic can really be a nightmare at that time of day!

On a Friday afternoon with the construction at LGA, I would budget at least 1.5 HOURS to get from Times Square to curbside at the airport. It's about a 20 minute ride without traffic. One poster mentioned it can take as much as 30 minutes just to get from the entrance to the airport property to the terminal. However I have had more than 3 professional drivers (taxis, limos etc) tell me they have spent as much as one hour just on the Airport property. It's not the distance to the airport; it's the construction mess AT the airport.