Medication and travel docs

Loveacruise1986

Hi me again haha

So we will be taking on board my medication which consists of tablets and my daughters inhalers.

Do we need a dr letter to confirm we take these meds?

Also travel insurance , we have this on my bank account so doesn’t have any documents expect for my debit card?

Is there any docs I should obtain before leaving?

No requirement to prove you take prescription medication. However if you are flying and gaining access to foreign countries as opposed to boarding at Southampton I should take your repeat prescription stubs if going through customs in a foreign airport.

Does your travel insurance include cruising and in addition valid in the area in which the cruise is sailing. The cruise personaliser requires a policy reference number and the emergency telephone contact number to be added onto the website.

Regards John

If you need medical treatment beyond a cough or cold the doctor will ask for your insurance details so better to print something off. All prescription meds must be in the original packaging for safety.

I take a lot of meds and go on a lot of cruises. Not had a problem so far but to avoid problems, I do the following :

I make sure that all meds are in original packaging with labels. Avoid the temptation to reduce bulk by removing packaging.

I take my insurance policy document and contact information. I also upload a copy to the cloud so I can easily access it if I need to.

If cruising in EU then take EHIC card.

Finally, check that none of the medication you are taking are banned in the destinations you are visiting. If they are then take advice.