Cruise Disaster

kerryincork

Had a really great time, sadly disembarked today. I'll do a proper review after our few days in Dubai and try to upload your menu photo.

CF, sorry about your earlier travel troubles. I am also looking forward to your review - as we are just back from Orchestra and looking at planning our next cruise, we are thinking of doing the YC on Splendida out of Dubai.

CF, sorry about your earlier travel troubles. I am also looking forward to your review - as we are just back from Orchestra and looking at planning our next cruise, we are thinking of doing the YC on Splendida out of Dubai.

CJ, we'll be onboard Splendida in YC this day 3 weeks (hopefully!). If there's anything you want to know, I'll try to find out for you. I'm expecting the ship to be transitioning to suit the Chinese market, so it may not be quite the same as when it's sailing the ME routes. I got our tickets yesterday and we have got one of the larger, square cabins, so keep an eye out for one!

CJ, we'll be onboard Splendida in YC this day 3 weeks (hopefully!). If there's anything you want to know, I'll try to find out for you. I'm expecting the ship to be transitioning to suit the Chinese market, so it may not be quite the same as when it's sailing the ME routes. I got our tickets yesterday and we have got one of the larger, square cabins, so keep an eye out for one!

Great stuff Bea - you seem to be one cruise/ship ahead of me at the moment - no doubt your thoughts will help in my decision as to whether to commit to YC on Splendida (this kind of gives away the ending to my Orchestra review!)

Once I finish the review, I'm going to go into full research mode to see if YC on Splendida is a go or not on the ME itenerary - it's just an idea we discussed towards the end of the Orchestra cruise but so many factors in play to see if we can make it or not.

We can discuss it further - on your thread - when you've finished your review, CJ. I don't want to interrupt it and I'm conscious of being off-topic here, so apologies to the OP and I'll see you later over on your thread. ;)

So excited. I am finally here. Shouldn't be much longerff7d5c204704eb5799842e5cab2a5e6e.jpg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

You have had such a wonderfully positive attitude through all of this! Enjoy the cruise and sail on!;) Very impressed with your determination and resiliency!

Great to hear :cool:

We now have storm and snow warnings for the weekend, obviously I'm less concerned about returning home to the cold than I was missing our cruise :o

Fortunately it won't be as bad as when you were caught up in it, CF (at least, that's what we're being told!) No storm, like there was with Emma, threatening to clash with the Easterlies, this time. Looking forward to hearing how your trip went. I see the MSC for me app is still not available to use on Splendida. It looks like it won't be up and running 'til the ship gets to Asia. :(

Another warning for you I think earlier in this thread there was a number posted for the cruise ship.

I tried this number went through to voice mail. Call lasted 16 seconds. It cost me €25.

My calling privileges were cut off as I have a €50 roaming limit. When I got home and checked my bill I saw the charge. Also this was identified as an Australian or New Zealand number.

Just incase anyone was tempted to call the ship [emoji3]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app

Ouch and oh no! It's certainly been the gift that keeps on giving this holiday for you! One that will live long in the memory. Good luck with the insurance, we received a small amount for the delayed departure but couldn't claim for anything else and can't claim from the airline as it was due to weather. Hope you enjoyed your time on board though.

• 3 months later...

Well I thought I would give you an update. I heard back from my insurance today and I am getting a payout of €470. This is for the expenses incurred for missing the cruise and having to pay for extra accommodation.

I didn't expect to get the whole lot back so its better than a kick in the pants I say [emoji4]

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Forums mobile app