New Cuisine coming our way

kba1988

It states:

The company will introduce exceptional main dishes and tapas developed by Chef Freixa across the fleet

It remains to be seen whether this will improve the offerings on MSC. The current menus were 'designed' by a Michelin-starred chef, too.

I would be very happy to see an overhaul of the menus. Cruising 4 times a year for the last few years on MSC, I'm tired of seeing basically the same menus over and over.

I wonder how heavy the Spanish influence will be, though, apart from the introduction of tapas.

As part of the Elegant Night celebrations, guests in the main restaurants on MSC ships will be able to enjoy Freixa’s signature dish, a mouth-watering Duck Royal with cream of foie gras and onions.

Guests in MSC's Yacht Club will be treated to a Glazed Pluma of Iberian pork with sautéed vegetables or for a lighter bite, along with tapas.

The last sentence omits the item "for a lighter bite".

We'll be YC on Splendida in April. It'll be interesting to see if the menu is, indeed, introduced next month:

... starting this April, according to a press release.

Edited by Beamafar

It states:

The company will introduce exceptional main dishes and tapas developed by Chef Freixa across the fleet

It remains to be seen whether this will improve the offerings on MSC. The current menus were 'designed' by a Michelin-starred chef, too.

I would be very happy to see an overhaul of the menus. Cruising 4 times a year for the last few years on MSC, I'm tired of seeing basically the same menus over and over.

I wonder how heavy the Spanish influence will be, though, apart from the introduction of tapas.

As part of the Elegant Night celebrations, guests in the main restaurants on MSC ships will be able to enjoy Freixa’s signature dish, a mouth-watering Duck Royal with cream of foie gras and onions.

Guests in MSC's Yacht Club will be treated to a Glazed Pluma of Iberian pork with sautéed vegetables or for a lighter bite, along with tapas.

We'll be YC on Splendida in April. It'll be interesting to see if the menu is, indeed, introduced next month:

Wonder when in April...we are on from the 21st April till the 5th May :)

Wonder when in April...we are on from the 21st April till the 5th May :)

I would imagine it should be well introduced on your sailing, so. The reason (usually) why they don't state a date, such as April 1st, is because some cruises are mid-itinerary (in the case of the Med, it's normally the first date in April that the ships are in Genoa, for example, as that port -if it is on the itinerary - is treated as the 1st cruise day, even though passengers embark on days before and after at other ports).

After giving it some thought, I doubt the menu will be in place on our cruise as we're embarking on March 31st and heading to Asia, where, I imagine, the menus offered there may be more suited to that market. No point in changing menus just for a repositioning cruise, I reckon.

I would imagine it should be well introduced on your sailing, so. The reason (usually) why they don't state a date, such as April 1st, is because some cruises are mid-itinerary (in the case of the Med, it's normally the first date in April that the ships are in Genoa, for example, as that port -if it is on the itinerary - is treated as the 1st cruise day, even though passengers embark on days before and after at other ports).

After giving it some thought, I doubt the menu will be in place on our cruise as we're embarking on March 31st and heading to Asia, where, I imagine, the menus offered there may be more suited to that market. No point in changing menus just for a repositioning cruise, I reckon.

Something else to look forward too then :hearteyes:

Bea ... Coming in April, which year ? ... :')

LOL - you're such a cynic! :D

It's funny ... I was only discussing the issue of MSC's menus in the last day or so (can't remember if it was here, or elsewhere) and how bored we've become of them. That's the downside of cruising regularly with the same company, I know.

Our upcoming cruise is in YC, where the menus are better, on the whole and, as I've already said, I don't expect any change to them. I'll be watching with interest for reviews in the coming months (especially for European cruises), hopefully with photos of the new menus, so that I'll know what to expect on Poesia later this year.

It states:

Yup - you are totally right about that last sentence. I went back and re-read the article. Hmmm - Now I'm getting curious as to what those "lighter bite" items will be ?? :o:o

• 2 weeks later...