Second thoughts about Haines/Skagway tour company, looking for alternative

Dev'sMom

I think the ziplines may be near Skagway. Anyway' date=' no ziplines for my kid till he's old enough to not have to listen to me. We're already doing enough "risky" things in the name of exploration ;-)

Kroschel is on my list of alternate events, definitely for next time.[/quote']

And it must be a different excursion completely, not the Glacier Wilderness Safari. And either way, it's never been on my list of things to do! LOL!

• 4 months later...

Hello all. I was hoping to post a review in early July about our Alaska trip and my new camera. Unfortunately we couldn't go. I was diagnosed cancer in mid-June. I'm in the midst of chemotherapy now. I'm praying to be able to beat this terrible disease quickly. And re-book for 2020. I feel most terrible for my young son. I need to be here for him as he grows up. There's so much more I want to do with him. I'm praying to have many more quality years with him. He and I are best friends. Everything I do is either directly or indirectly for him. I can't even look at the camera right now. Once I get some good news about my health, I will feel comfortable planning again and learning the camera to capture the all-important memories with my son. I'm struggling emotionally for him as much as I am physically.

p.s. I'm re-posting this in my other longer threads where I got helpful replies to my questions, where I intended to report back.

I’ve done this excursion several times, although years ago it was run by Chilkat Guides. They were so careful and concerned with our safety. I didn’t know this company took over the tour.

ETA -Dev’s mom - I had to postpone a trip to Europe for cancer, but I’m back to cruising, too. Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I'm praying to be able to beat this terrible disease quickly. And re-book for 2020. I feel most terrible for my young son. I need to be here for him as he grows up. There's so much more I want to do with him. I'm praying to have many more quality years with him.

Wishing you the best!