Wifi, Boarding

pamelahigg

We are sailing on the Carnival Pride in less than a week!

1. We see there are three internet plans - social, value and premium and it states that 'only one device at a time can connect to wifi'. Does that mean we multiple users with multiple devices can use the same internet plan, just one at a time?

2. We have a boarding time of 3 to 3:30. I have heard that you can get there earlier and board the boat earlier than the assigned boarding time. Does anyone know if they let you on earlier?

3. How do we get tender numbers for the ports? We are stopping at Grand Turk, Freeport, and Princess Cay. Does anyone know how the tender process works?

1. We see there are three internet plans - social, value and premium and it states that 'only one device at a time can connect to wifi'. Does that mean we multiple users with multiple devices can use the same internet plan, just one at a time?

Yes, one at a time.

2. We have a boarding time of 3 to 3:30. I have heard that you can get there earlier and board the boat earlier than the assigned boarding time. Does anyone know if they let you on earlier?

Never been on Carnival but those I have taken (X, RCI, HAL and Princess), you can board when you get there. But don't rush to get there too early, you will just have to sit and wait.

3. How do we get tender numbers for the ports? We are stopping at Grand Turk, Freeport, and Princess Cay. Does anyone know how the tender process works?

Generally, you will be told where to go to collect a tender ticket. Note that pax with excursions and those with status due to many cruises will get preference. And sometimes, your whole party has to be there, sometimes not. There should be a note in whatever daily program they give you that explains this.

My answers in red above.

Good luck and have fun.

I too am not directly familiar with Carnival but everything I have read here on the boards indicates they do strictly enforce assigned boarding times. Were you not able to choose a different time online (though less than a week out may be too late)?

Every cruise line has their own system for tendering so you really should ask that question on the Carnival board.

Hope this helps

1. We see there are three internet plans - social, value and premium and it states that 'only one device at a time can connect to wifi'. Does that mean we multiple users with multiple devices can use the same internet plan, just one at a time? You can, if you wish to. You will log in using a folio number (it will be on your S&S card). For multiple people to share the internet package, you will all have to sign in using the same folio number.

2. We have a boarding time of 3 to 3:30. I have heard that you can get there earlier and board the boat earlier than the assigned boarding time. Does anyone know if they let you on earlier? 3:00-3:30 is your check-in time, not your boarding time. Most ports are now strictly enforcing check-in times. If you arrive earlier, be prepared to wait until 3:00 before you can enter the building. I assume you have a 4:00 sail-away. In that case, you will be required to carry on all of your luggage at that time, as porters will have discontinued service by that time.

3. How do we get tender numbers for the ports? We are stopping at Grand Turk, Freeport, and Princess Cay. Does anyone know how the tender process works? You only have 1 tender port (Princess Cay). There will be directions in the Fun Times (delivered to your cabin each evening or available on the Hub app) regarding how to get tender tickets. Basically, the earlier you arrive to get a ticket, the earlier you can leave on the tender.

Hi

The Pride has a later departure time than most...5 p.m., because it has a later scheduled return time.

It also has occasional delays returning to port. Do not be surprised if you arrive at port at 3 p.m. and they still are not allowing people into the port area. Typically Carnival will notify passenger as soon as they are aware of delays by email.

have a great cruise

My understanding is that you sign-in to wi-fi using your folio number, and it can only be signed in to one device at a time. If only one of you needs it at a time, you can each take turns signing in to your device using the folio number of the person who purchased the plan.

I think the intent is that each passenger purchases an internet plan linked to their own portfolio and the "one device" statement is so the passenger understands that they cannot use the package on their phone, tablet, and laptop all at the same time.

I am not aware of any prohibitions on sharing though, so if the savings for sharing is worth the hassle for sharing then it should work:cool:

Carnival assigns check-in times, and unless you have faster to the fun or other priority status the Port of Maryland is supposed to enforce this. I do think it is strictly enforced at the early times (12:00 is the earliest official check-in time I've seen), but I've read about those who showed up a little before 2 for a 2-2:30 and walked right in. It probably depends on the crowd level how much luck you would have getting on earlier, but I suspect anytime after 2 (unless there are delays) you can at least park and get in line.

Check your contract - there is a time you need to be checked-in by for luggage or you will need to carry everything yourself. I think it is 90 minutes before sailing but might be 2 hours. By 3:00 rooms should be open to all passengers and there should be no problem self boarding. Double check dimensions, but it can be pretty large and still fit through ship scanners.

When we tendered at Princess Cay tender tickets were given on the lido deck at the main stage early that morning. I'm pretty sure the whole party had to be there to get the tickets, not just on member getting for everyone (we had FTTF so it didn't apply). If you have an excursion booked it might be different, also FTTF and Platinum/Diamond had a priority line.

My answers above in blue. Have a great cruise!