Turtle Farm Swim Questions

italianfemmy

Hello. I am considering doing the turtle farm on our own so we can go whenever we want instead of having to do a specific tour time. If we purchase the $45 pass which allows us to also get in the water and swim with the sea turtles, are we limited to a certain amount of time in the water? Or can we spend as much time as we want?

Also, are there covered areas anywhere for lounging? I get sunburned really easily and would like an umbrella or little hut to sit under during breaks from the water.

Thanks in advance!

Google "Grand Cayman Turtle Farm" and click on their website...site maps, info, etc.. pops right up! You can find shade if you want it from what I saw! I didn't delve into every section, tho...but you certainly can!

My family went to the turtle farm last year while we stayed on the island. The only limitation to swimming with the sea turtles is I believe they close the lagoon around 2:30pm, so go there first. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. Quite honestly, if we go back again at some point, I would be happy to pay the admittance fee and just swim with the sea turtles. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

As far as umbrellas, I don't remember if there were any, but I do know we were able to find some shade under some trees. It seems to me there were some "screen like" awnings that provided some cover over an area of chairs. If you end up by the swimming pool at some point, there is an awning area there as well.

I hope you enjoy the turtle farm as much as we did!

My family went to the turtle farm last year while we stayed on the island. The only limitation to swimming with the sea turtles is I believe they close the lagoon around 2:30pm, so go there first. It was definitely the highlight of our trip. Quite honestly, if we go back again at some point, I would be happy to pay the admittance fee and just swim with the sea turtles. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had.

As far as umbrellas, I don't remember if there were any, but I do know we were able to find some shade under some trees. It seems to me there were some "screen like" awnings that provided some cover over an area of chairs. If you end up by the swimming pool at some point, there is an awning area there as well.

I hope you enjoy the turtle farm as much as we did!

Thank you very much! I am considering doing the tour where you take the small plane over to where the nurse sharks and sea turtles are but if we don't go full throttle on that, I am considering booking this instead as it's $100 less per person basically.

I would be very curious about this tour on a small plane to see nurse sharks and sea turtles - I've not heard of anything like that available on the island - do you have some details? Thanks!

Don't mind me .... that experience is actually in Belize. I got them confused/crossed over. I am going to Belize also on my cruise and mixed stuff up.

Don't mind me .... that experience is actually in Belize. I got them confused/crossed over. I am going to Belize also on my cruise and mixed stuff up.

That's ok - I don't think you would be the first cruise visitor to get locations mixed up. :-)