Guidance on applying for Schengen and UK visitor visa

bhaskar10

Hi our family (myself, my wife and 2 kids) are planning a trip to Amsterdam this summer for taking a cruise.

Here's our high level itinerary -

• Reach Amsterdam on 11th July
  • Take cruise from Amsterdam to Belgium and various ports in British Isles from 13th July to 25th July
  • Return back to Amsterdam on 25th July
  • Travel to London from Amsterdam on 25th July - fly back to USA on 29th July

Is there any specific order in which I should go about applying for Schengen and UK visitor visa (we are permanent residents in US)? Can I apply first for multiple entry Schengen visa and then apply for UK visa?

Thanks

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you and everyone in your family are United States passport holders then you do not need visas for the UK nor Schengen

Keith

The OP indicated the family are LPR and not US passport holders. So, wouldn't that be an issue RE Visas? Thnx

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

bhaskar,so sorry. I may have misunderstood.

Are you a permanent resident and not legal residents of the USA?

If so what passports do you hold?

If you have a green card and are not citizens of the USA then I would enlist the help of a visa service to help you with all of this.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

If you actually do need a real Visa to enter Schengen countries/UK, the order of which to apply for is irrelevant - you need them both! I guess you could see who will process them fastest and apply for that Visa first... with almost 4 months you should have ample time to get them both.

The key missing bit of info is your actual nationality (or which you plan to travel as if you have multiple passports) - but assuming you are correct that you need a Visa, since the Netherlands is your first Schengen country that's the one you need to apply for your Visa from (English web page here). You'll have free entry to all the other Schengen nations for the duration of the Visa. For the UK, this is the relevant page to start on - follow the steps to confirm which Visa you need.

I think it's fairly clear- the OP stated they were permanent residents. Which means they're green card holders, not citizens. Since he's asking about visas, it seems clear that he's already determined the need for them.

OP, it really doesn't matter which one you get first. Since you'll have to submit your passports, you can't do both at once. As previously recommended, see which one takes the least amount of time and submit there first. Then do the other one. Make sure they are both multi entry visas. You'll be asking for a Netherlands visa for the Schengen portion, since that will be your point of entry.