Are there places you wish cruises would stop going to?

ilikeanswers

Actgually, we sometimes have to miss islands we do like in order to avoid those we do not like. I enjoy southern Ca ribbean ( A B C islands,,,, Aruba, bonaire, Curacao) but if an itinerary there includes Jamaica, I have to miss the AB C's because I refuse to leave the ship in Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. I don't feel safe.

Actgually, we sometimes have to miss islands we do like in order to avoid those we do not like. I enjoy southern Ca ribbean ( A B C islands,,,, Aruba, bonaire, Curacao) but if an itinerary there includes Jamaica, I have to miss the AB C's because I refuse to leave the ship in Ocho Rios or Montego Bay. I don't feel safe.

I don’t understand why you have to miss your favorite islands just bc Jamaica is on the itinerary. Why not just stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities instead of going to shore? No need to avoid the trip all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why don't you just stay on the boat at the Jamaican ports?

I haven't been myself because of this: I wish cruise ships would stop going to Antarctica.

Seems to me that 2 of the most disliked ports here are :

Nassau = Is it just Boring ?

Jamaica = Aggressive locals? .

If you asked the same question 30 years ago , it would probably be the same 2 ports

as they are always heavily visited and things have not changed much.

Falmouth is a relatively new port. It is purpose built for cruise ships, but behind the nice port area is a historic town. It could be a gem.

Seems to me that 2 of the most disliked ports here are :

Nassau = Is it just Boring ?

Jamaica = Aggressive locals? .

If you asked the same question 30 years ago , it would probably be the same 2 ports

as they are always heavily visited and things have not changed much.

Just to clarify. I personally like stopping in Jamaica despite the locals aggressive behavior .

A beautiful island with lots to see & do . It is too bad that behavior has never changed .

But Nassau ? Included on too many cruises from FL and East Coast .Okay for 1st timers ,we stay onboard.

I wouldn’t say they need to stop going to any port since I have found something interesting in most every port. There are always some on board that have not been to the port before and would like to experience it. If people don’t like a particular port, they can always stay on the ship or pick another itinerary.

Just to clarify. I personally like stopping in Jamaica despite the locals aggressive behavior .

A beautiful island with lots to see & do . It is too bad that behavior has never changed .

But Nassau ? Included on too many cruises from FL and East Coast .Okay for 1st timers ,we stay onboard.

Yes their behavior has changed we were in Jamaica on the Nordic Prince in 1971 and the people were as friendly as could be! No problems at all, I know things are different now. Too Bad!

I don’t understand why you have to miss your favorite islands just bc Jamaica is on the itinerary. Why not just stay on the ship and enjoy the amenities instead of going to shore? No need to avoid the trip all together.

I agree. That made no sense to me either. I haven’t heard of anyone boarding a ship and robbing or assaulting passengers while the ship was docked there.

I wouldn’t say they need to stop going to any port since I have found something interesting in most every port. There are always some on board that have not been to the port before and would like to experience it. If people don’t like a particular port, they can always stay on the ship or pick another itinerary.

I totally agree. So far I have enjoyed myself at each port. Even when I finf myself back at the same port on a different trip, I find something else to do. For example, I am doing the same itinerary last year that I am doing this year (friends invited me and hubby on trip). We've decided to try something new on a couple of the islands and do the same excursion for one of them. Stay on the ship, try something new, revisit a favorite place. Either way it beats a day back at the office. I'll personally take any port over work. [emoji1] [emoji39]

Sent from my LG-H872 using Forums mobile app

I'm not too keen on Casablanca, but understand that ships need to call into a non-EU port because of VAT rules and duty free sales on board, but really you need an excursion from there.

Have you ever been on a cruise where you thought the route or ports of call were not very good or perhaps you thought certain places were not suited to cruise style travel and are better visited in other ways :confused:

Meh. Different strokes for different folks. Just because I don't like a particular port doesn't mean countless others don't love it. How arrgant would it be to think a cruise line shouldn't call at a port just because I don't like it.? Fortunately my ego isn't that inflated.

If an entire route (itnerary) doesn't float my boat, I just choose a different one. Western Caribbean would be a good example. I will never sail that itinerary, but it's a favorite for many.

If it's just one port in an otherwise interesting itinerary, I enjoy an uncrowded day on the ship while everyone else goes ashore.

Key West.

Key West is a real shame. I love it there, but it is tough to properly enjoy when you're docked from 7:30-1.

I can understand the concerns with Nassau. When I went there, I went to Sandals for the day. If you can get past the $220 price for two people, there's nothing else to not like about spending the day there.

Key West is a real shame. I love it there, but it is tough to properly enjoy when you're docked from 7:30-1.

I can understand the concerns with Nassau. When I went there, I went to Sandals for the day. If you can get past the $220 price for two people, there's nothing else to not like about spending the day there.

Agree on key west very happy that we will stop there next year , we love sandals have stayed at one of them a few times, that is our favorite non cruise vacation

Agree on key west very happy that we will stop there next year , we love sandals have stayed at one of them a few times, that is our favorite non cruise vacation

I can be a very frugal buyer. However, I got great value out of the Sandals day pass. Sometimes, you just need to sit on a private island, with beautiful beaches, enjoying unlimited food and drink. :)Now, I don't think I could justify their price for a week. I could do a lot more with that money.