drinks upgrade price please?

39august

I upgraded to premium and my husband opted to stay with the classic package. We share a cabin and there was no problem in doing this.

You know how I looked at it? My DH wanted to the upgrade to get his choice of bourbon. I figured if he was drinking top shelf bourbon, I was drinking top shelf vodka - equality being everything! So we both upgraded!:D;)

Slightly off topic, but I've just seen mention of 'cellarmasters' wine bar on deck 4, which we certainly never visited last year on our cruise on the Equinox.

Celebrity website talks about it in general terms but I don't trust them to know night from day.

A) does it still exist

B) is it covered by premium drinks package

C) Anyone seen it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Forums mobile app

Slightly off topic, but I've just seen mention of 'cellarmasters' wine bar on deck 4, which we certainly never visited last year on our cruise on the Equinox.

Celebrity website talks about it in general terms but I don't trust them to know night from day.

A) does it still exist

B) is it covered by premium drinks package

C) Anyone seen it?

a) It does still exist on some ships (I've been on Reflection and Silhouette in the past year)

b) Depends on what you order (it follows the same as the rest of the ship's bars), except the enomatic dispensers are NOT included, regardless of the cost of the wine

c) I saw it. And enjoyed it. The service is always slow as the server has to go to the "back room" to get the wines each time. And it's dark in cellarmasters.

Thanks, might seek it out.

The Cellarmaster is on all the Solstice Class ships, expect the Equinox. On the Equinox the Cellarmaster was converted to a Gastro Bar, so now you know where it was previously located. I have never cruised on the Equinox, so I do not know if it was a good change. I know that the Cellarmaster is under utilized.

Enjoy it on your next cruise.

If you order a drink with a brand of liquor that is on the Premium package you will be charged the difference between the cost of the drink with premium liquor and the Classic package limit of $9. So if the drink you order is $11 you will be charged $2.36 ($2.00 +18% gratutity).

That is not correct as I’ve been told if the drink is $12 you will be charged $12 only premium package pay any additional difference ie $15 drink you will be charged +$3

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is not correct as I’ve been told if the drink is $12 you will be charged $12 only premium package pay any additional difference ie $15 drink you will be charged +$3

This changed over a year ago. Why are you telling people bad information?

You were told inaccurately . Although that used to be the case, it was changed last year. You now pay the difference + 18%. The change was made about the same time as changes to inclusions in the Classic Package occurred in early 2017.

Best is to wait & upgrade on board. Decide which bar you will frequent most & choose your bartender. He/she will receive the entire gratuity from the $11.80 per day per person & they will remember you. You also have the option to pay per (say martini) & the cost is $1-3 per drink. We’ve found it easier to upgrade & not have to do math

Wait until you get on board before you upgrade. Check out the prices of what you drink, and it may be worthwhile to just pay the $1 or $2 difference than the $10 a day. Just do the math. Additionally, when we got on board Solstice for our 16-night cruise, we asked and got a special, 30% off to upgrade.

I am on the Eclipse now and did not upgrade. I have had cocktail at many of the bars but they were “standard” drinks. Martinis, whisky sours, frozen drinks, dark and stormy, Pimms cup, mojito, etc. tried many. We have one martini from the martini bar and a few drinks from another nice bar with the large beer selection. So far, I have spent $4 extra. It depends on the person and what you drink. If you just ask for a Mai Tai, Daquari, Dos Equis, etc by the pool or from dinner waiter , no problem. If you want to hang in the Martini bar, wine bar, or sip nice whiskey, then the upgrade would be worthwhile. I have not been liquor specific with my orders and I have been happy.

Wait until you get on board before you upgrade. Check out the prices of what you drink, and it may be worthwhile to just pay the $1 or $2 difference than the $10 a day. Just do the math. Additionally, when we got on board Solstice for our 16-night cruise, we asked and got a special, 30% off to upgrade.

I love this. When was this cruise? Did you ask specifically for 30% off or a discount? Thanks.

I love this. When was this cruise? Did you ask specifically for 30% off or a discount? Thanks.

This was Solstice 17 Feb 18 AUS/NZ. They did it on the follow-on cruise I am told. I guess it was a special they offered. There was a similar offer on Summit a couple of years ago where they would do a 2for1 upgrade to the Premium Package, but that was just for that one cruise only. It never hurt to ask for discounts once you get on board.

There was a similar offer on Summit a couple of years ago where they would do a 2for1 upgrade to the Premium Package, but that was just for that one cruise only. It never hurt to ask for discounts once you get on board.

It was the Mother's Day cruise May 2016. We are cruising this year on Mother's Day on Summit and you can bet I'm going to inquire about any upgrade specials. Especially since we have $300 OBC to use.

This was Solstice 17 Feb 18 AUS/NZ. They did it on the follow-on cruise I am told. I guess it was a special they offered. There was a similar offer on Summit a couple of years ago where they would do a 2for1 upgrade to the Premium Package, but that was just for that one cruise only. It never hurt to ask for discounts once you get on board.

Thank you for the quick response. I am definitely asking for a discount. Last year, I didn't upgrade my drink package until five days left of the cruise.

Also note, if you are a Captain's Club Elite+ member you will get 10% off the price to upgrade to the premium package. So the cost would be $9 a day plus 18% gratuity.

If true, this is also a fairly recent change to the program. Were you able to get the 10% Discount when upgrading from a Classic Package that was included with you cabin rate? His has not been the case in the past.

If true, this is also a fairly recent change to the program. Were you able to get the 10% Discount when upgrading from a Classic Package that was included with you cabin rate? His has not been the case in the past.

We have not done it personally, but it was reported here on the message boards that when upgrading they also got their 10% off. Maybe that poster was just lucky and they gave it to them. You know Celebrity is never consistent. Did you ask for the discount when upgrading?

I know I almost had to fight with the guy at Qsine for our 15% dining discount then the maitre'd came over and gave us 30% off since we had been given such a hard time by the waiter.

Unfortunately, it seems there are some uninformed crew when it comes to Captain's Club discounts / perks.

The bartenders must be given some commission or reward for upgrading people to higher alcohol packages. It was really the only negative experience we had on equinox earlier this month. They hounded us the first day to upgrade and they really wouldn't take no for an answer. Felt like we were in a used car salesroom the whole first day.