Bringing wine on board

Shaver John

A few years ago when Princess still allowed you to brings magnums on board we brought two magnums of Zin from a favorite winery. We ate at Sabatini’s the first night and had about half of the bottle. It took a long time to find the bottle the next evening when we ate in the MDR. I told them to look for the large bottle [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few years ago when Princess still allowed you to brings magnums on board we brought two magnums of Zin from a favorite winery. We ate at Sabatini’s the first night and had about half of the bottle. It took a long time to find the bottle the next evening when we ate in the MDR. I told them to look for the large bottle [emoji848]

Maybe they couldn't find the special corner where they stored the round bottle!:confused:

What part of the IE?

We are Riverside near Alasandro and Chicago.

We always take a cruise for Christmas and New Years we gift wrap two four liter boxes of wine, and even bring print outs of snow globes in case we are asked what they are it has never been a problem. That 2 gallons of wine is enough for us and allows us to entertain in our Suite, and since I’m paying for Suite we don’t feel the least bit guilty!

LOL..I brought a box once, an "old" one I found in the back of the cupboard, not wrapped. Just wanted to see what they would say...and if they said no go ..no loss for, me right?...not a word at embarkation and that blend ended up tasting pretty darn good.

I remember when we used to be able to bring liquor on

....so am I dating myself???

Not that long ago, I'd say 14 years or so...or was it another cruise line...?

About 15-20 years ago while waiting to board a Princess ship at Ft Lauderdale a passenger proudly showed me the contents of his duffle bag...six 1.75 liter bottles of booze...and he carried them onboard without any problems.

I actually can't remember when I had to begin disguising my liquor to carry on Princess.

It really hasn't deterred me other than having to put it in other containers.

I actually can't remember when I had to begin disguising my liquor to carry on Princess.

It really hasn't deterred me other than having to put it in other containers.

I understand the cruise lines know every trick including the mothwash bottle.

Leaving from our home port, I might try. Traveling to a different port and having to find the booze I want, not so much.

I understand the cruise lines know every trick including the mothwash bottle.

Leaving from our home port, I might try. Traveling to a different port and having to find the booze I want, not so much.

Not every one, yet.

I've still got a few up my sleeve should the need arise. ;)

Not every one, yet.

I've still got a few up my sleeve should the need arise. ;)

They know them, they just don't look at every single suitcase inside. It would take them a few days to get luggage on board. I find the simplest work myself.

Oops, better watch out incase Princess is reading! LOL

They will not store your wine which is kept in your cabin.

When bringing a bottle to a dining room (and pay any required fee) and not finishing the bottle, they will store the remaining wine until you want it again. That is easiest accomplished when in the same dining room but by providing information (such as dining room, table & folio number) they can deliver it to a different dining room.

Thanks for your feedback.

They know them, they just don't look at every single suitcase inside. It would take them a few days to get luggage on board. I find the simplest work myself.

Oops, better watch out incase Princess is reading! LOL

Just think about it. Waiting 2 days to get you luggage & not having to dress up for formal nights because it hasn't arrived yet. LOL :D:D

You’re welcome & have a great Hawaiian cruise.

We sailed this itinerary last year & had sufficient non-refundable OBC to purchase a wine package.

Thanks, I'm not opposed to purchasing wine, but in my opinion Princess' wines are inferior, and as I live in the SoCal area and will be driving to the port it will be easy for me to schlep along some decent wine. First time I've done it.

Just think about it. Waiting 2 days to get you luggage & not having to dress up for formal nights because it hasn't arrived yet. LOL :D:D

Not a bad idea until you think of everyone walking around in three day old underwear.:eek: LOL I'll take the formal night!

Don't think it was Princess was it? Disney maybe?

I have been sailing Princess since 1974 don’t remember being able to bring hard liquor on board, you could bring as much wine as you wanted until 10 years ago.

I have been sailing Princess since 1974 don’t remember being able to bring hard liquor on board, you could bring as much wine as you wanted until 10 years ago.

You can pretty much bring as much wine as you want still, you just have to pay the corkage!

I don't either but they weren't as aggressive looking for it as they are now..... but then again the prices were much more reasonable even considering inflation.

I don't either but they weren't as aggressive looking for it as they are now..... but then again the prices were much more reasonable even considering inflation.
Although it may seem a long time ago, it has only been about four years since Princess changed the wine policy and started charging corkage for bottles over the one allowed per adult of drinking age.

A little over ten years ago departing on a cruise on Princess, one of the cabins a few decks below us was having a roaring sail away party on their balcony and it appeared that they had multiple cases of beer and probably hard liquor on the balcony.

Remember when Princess had a discounted drink of the day and the drinks were available in two or three sizes?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks, I'm not opposed to purchasing wine, but in my opinion Princess' wines are inferior, and as I live in the SoCal area and will be driving to the port it will be easy for me to schlep along some decent wine. First time I've done it.

We are doing the same.

We're not big drinkers, but plan to each bring a bottle. The second one will be a good quality champagne to leave for the steward at the end of the cruise. On one cruise, I had an allergic reaction to the ship's champagne and asked the waiter to dispose of the bottle. He asked if it was okay to "dispose" of it in his cabin. Of course. You would've thought the guy won the lottery.

We're not big drinkers, but plan to each bring a bottle. The second one will be a good quality champagne to leave for the steward at the end of the cruise. On one cruise, I had an allergic reaction to the ship's champagne and asked the waiter to dispose of the bottle. He asked if it was okay to "dispose" of it in his cabin. Of course. You would've thought the guy won the lottery.

In 2012 we brought a case of wine onboard for our 21 day British Isles cruise....We put a luggage tag on it and checked it with our bags. We brought a bottle to dinner most nights and drank maybe 2/3-3/4 of each bottle and gave the rest to our waiter...he very much appreciated it! One of the bottle we didn't like at all after tasting it, so we gave the waiter pretty much a full bottle! The next night we asked him what he thought. He replied, deadpan, "You're too picky"....LOL!

Edited by suzyed