How to use my on board credit for excursions

Sohker

I booked a Princess Cruise and will receive an on board credit from the TA into my cabin's account the day I board the cruise. I wanted to use the on board credit to book excursions now but can't until the 1st day of the cruise. Is there a way for me to book the excursions now on my credit card and transfer the excursion cost to my on board credit once on the ship?

I would double check that your TAs obc wont be available til on board. My TA gives us obc and we see it in the personalizer on the princess website. if you see yours there when you go to book an excursion it should give you the option to apply the obc and then if there is a difference you pay it via credit card.

Unless the OBC is over $300, I wouldn't worry. That beer or drink is around $7 so that OBC will disappear fast enough. Check your folio (account) on the third day. It's a dose of reality and a verification your being billed correctly.

Thx for the suggestions, my Princess OBC is in my account. TA's OBC is not and the TA told me it would not be there until 1st day of cruise. I also had the gratuities prepaid. I think I'll pay for the excursions and see if I can rebook once on the ship.

I am surprised we can now book online using our OBC. We just booked yesterday and it applies the credit. We were unable to do that on our last cruise this past November.

Before paying pre-cruise at the time excursions were reserved became mandatory, you could reserve and then pay with OBC on the ship.

Once Princess (last year) made pre-paying when reserved mandatory, many objected because OBC could not be used. I do not know if this affected pre-cruise bookings, but around the beginning of this year Princess added the ability to use available OBC to pay for these excursions pre-cruise.

By the way, another change Princess made was for all the stockholder OBC to be requested and placed on the account by the time excursions were available. It used to be only posted within 90 days of the cruise. But with excursions needing to be paid for up to six months or more before final payment for the cruise, this made a popular form of OBC available to use.