Live from the infinity

ghstudio

Sailing off the Chile coast after a rocky start in San Antonio....we were supposed to leave at 6PM but didn’t leave until after midnight because they couldn’t raise a lifeboat that must have been deployed for training, or whatever. Delay did not effect our schedule..just worrisome to us.

Mandatory Lifeboat drill at 5PM....and reading the schedule, there was also a spa event scheduled for 5PM where they were giving a $100 credit in a raffle...must be present to win. You can’t make this stuff up!!

Ordered the onion soup and roast beef...beef was very good, onion soup has changed...and very different taste. Per the Executive chef, they are now using different broth mixture. I liked the old one but just know it will be different.

Aqua spa cafe..nothing cooked to order...just a choice of 4 prepared plates.

The main floor of the dining room is now all select dining. It seems to work better...no wait at all at 7:15 which is normally the busiest time. Something else new...in addition to the menu items, there is a chefs special each day which the waiter tells you. Imho, a good change.

The grated wasabi in the sushi restaurant is the real thing...I went to the sushi demo today and the chef cut a small piece so I could try it....and yes it costs $10 and probably worth it since it’s almost impossible to find and extremely expensive if you do find it.

They are using both coupons and the private constellation lounge for the elite drinking event so you have a choice. It seems to really work.

First cruise I’ve been on where the martini bar is mostly empty.....I guess every cruise has different passengers....

Entertainment has ranged from excellent to just terrible....it’s always a surprise. We have multiple music groups playing including a string duo!! Much more live music than we’ve had on other cruises...but many quiet areas and times if you prefer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Following. Enjoying your review. That’s a pity about the onion soup. Why would they change something everyone likes? What’s your opinion of the current soup? Good? Bad? I’m happy they’ve made select dining work. I’m also happy to hear that there are plenty of entertainment options as well as quiet places. Yum! Fresh wasabi. I’ll definitely go to the sushi demonstration:D. I hope the rest of your cruise is smooth and enjoyable. Cheers:)

Thanks for your review.:)

We are going on the Infinity in 2019 for our first cruise with Celebrity. We are Elite due to our Diamond Plus on Royal. Please tell me how the coupons work. Do you get a week's worth all at once or do you get three each day? Do the coupons only work during certain hours?

Cheers

Reviewing celebrity today, we actually have 2 string duos on board....hmmm...could they get together and do a string quartet?

We are definitely running on one pod...there is just a single wake.

Movie on 12 runs multiple times through the day so if you have a room on deck 11, behind the screen and speakers, you are definitely going to hear the music, especially the bass. Imho, I won’t book those rear cabins on 11 which were great (we’ve been in 1141 and 1138) again.

They are offering a 240 minute internet package for $99. I guess they had to many complaints about only being able to buy an hour, a day or unlimited internet.

We are concierge on this cruise and our cabin steward replaced the bubbly wine with a drinkable white...we just asked.

More later

Thank you ghstuido, for taking time out from your cruise to keep us informed on a variety of topics that have been queried on here. Sorry about those back cabins. We are booked in 1140 on a future cruise. When do the movies end at night?

Please tell me how the coupons work. Do you get a week's worth all at once or do you get three each day? Do the coupons only work during certain hours?

Cheers

You get them all at once. There are three per day and They are dated and timed. 5-7PM maybe????

GH-

I think Capt Frantzis started around Jan 21 making his vacation time around Apr 21. Can you ask him if he knows what's next and maybe for the next year or more? He has stuck with INF for the last couple of years. I think the capt's typically commit to a two year contract with Celeb, but It is not ship specific. Anything you can find out about his future schedules would be appreciated, THANKS

First cruise I’ve been on where the martini bar is mostly empty.....I guess every cruise has different passengers....

My guess is repo cruises like yours where the drink packages aren't included in any fare is the reason the Martini Bar is less populated. That, along with the fact the Elite coupons aren't valid there?

ghstudio - I’ve been quietly following along since the thread started. Also going to give a big thanks for providing updates during your vacation. I will be on the ship later this year for a Panama Canal Crossing in October.

Walter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only discount offered at specialty restaurants is 20%....which is still more than we’re willing to pay, so we’ll skip. No deals at sushi....

The additional chefs special of the day continues and it’s been good. Hope it’s implemented fleet wide.

Minimum bet $10 at blackjack, craps tables. There is one $50 blackjack table with two passengers there most of the time betting $400-500 a bet...I don’t even want to think about how much they are winning or losing. No Texas Holdem machine...they play with a live dealer.

They continue to post gaming lessons with cocktails as a no charge event, even though I pointed out through a comment card that it’s really misleading since the cocktails are for a fee. So much for honesty....

A first for me...they actually asked me to check a bottle if pisco I purchased which they will return the last night of the cruise. I have no problem with that, it’s just the first time I’ve actually been asked to check liquor on over 10 celebrity cruises.

Sorry suite guests...there is no special red carpet boarding at our ports of call. I think that was an idea that died an appropriate death.

Soggy breadsticks....each night we seem to get soggy breadsticks. When we ask,they do bring new ones that are great...but something isn’t right there in the kitchen.

I asked for a rob Roy at the elite cocktail event. Response: it’s not on the elite cocktail menu! I asked what the difference is between a Manhattan which is on the menu and a rob Roy....answer, a rob Roy is made with scotch instead of bourbon. I smiled and asked for a glass of scotch (on the menu) and a Manhattan without any bourbon. After a slight pause, the bartender thought for a minute and made me a rob Roy. (I know this sounds like a joke but it really happened last night).

On the whole, the infinity is in very good shape. I would say that the public areas are in better condition than the cabins. We have a loose door on a cabinet, when you push buttons on our safe they don’t always work, the shower curtain has seen better days....paint peeling off pipes above our balcony.....nothing show stopping, but maintenance is not what it used to be.

The additional chefs special of the day continues and it’s been good. Hope it’s implemented fleet wide.

Perhaps you are testing new menu items that are being developed for Edge [and if popular--mere speculation on my part-- for rollout in some form across the fleet]... Edge will have four Main Dining Rooms that share daily core menus but each will also offer--varying by Dining Room--a limited number of themed nightly additions ["new" American (in Cosmopolitan), French (in Normandie), Greek (in Cyprus) and Italian (in Tuscan)]...

Friends who recently returned from Equinox were told that the "Chef's Specials"--and they really enjoyed them--were being piloted/tested for Edge...

Edited by Xport

I don’t think infusions is open yet...

More info:

We have had free shuttle busses at our ports....seems like something new for celebrity.

Cruise has been ultra smooth so far...you could canoe next to us.

In manta equador today...small city lots of fishing boats.

I did some more bargaining and we will be eating in qsine after all. Apparently bogo is banned by hq, but I came real close.

I found herring this am in buffet....still as good as usual. Bagels still are rolls with a hole in the middle but the salmon is great as always.

Food is subjective, aside from the soggy bread sticks and new onion soup, I think the food is generally improving.

Interesting note re: Infusion Bar. There were earlier posts in January about folks enjoying Infusion on Infinity. I am wondering if it perhaps isn't available on Repo cruise. Thanks for the note back and enjoy your cruise.

Infusion is now part of the gelato counter...no bartender there at 9 pm and hours aren’t in the daily either. Does not look exciting.

Gotcha. Thank you for the update. Enjoy your cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums