What do you think of Liam Stewart, entertainer mostly in Crooners

zahav1

We just got off the Regal after a 14 cruise in the Caribbean. Crooner's entertainer was Liam Stewart. This is the first time in 15 Princess cruises that we walked out of Crooners the first night and never returned. I did not enjoy him at all and missed my evenings at Crooners, usually from 7-8 and then after 10:45. Crooners was mostly pretty quiet for a ship with over 3,000 passengers, not like anything else I've seen before where you couldn't get a seat.

What did he do that made him suck so much?

We've seen one awful guy ruin Crooners for an entire cruise (for us). He wore a bright purple suit and hat every night and told stories much of the time, all of which would only appeal to people in their 90's. The crowd was packed every night though! They had to put extra seats in the walkway.

Usually at least one night each cruise, maybe more on a two week sailing, a different musician is at Crooner's for the evening. Always check the Patter for where and when you can find live music, they seem to be mixing and matching acts and venues a lot lately.

Beyond that maybe you can add the name(s) of any musical entertainers you enjoyed. Future passengers on CB will find it easier to look for the good acts rather than avoid the bad.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

He did not play or sing much but pretty much talked nonsense and changed songs around. Or he started a song, stopped then talked some more, none of it made sense. Begging people to dance and embarrassing some as to why they don't want to dance. I've been at Crooners where the entertainer doesn't have to say anything besides maybe introduce a song or talk about a request and people sing or dance as they wish.

We were also on the Regal in early February and attended the first couple of nights of Liam's performance. I found him not that engaging with the crowd. He was an okay singer/piano player, but we didn't care for the way he changed the way of singing some of the old favorites.

On Regal 3/11 cruise and very unhappy with DJ for sail away ft lauderdale however not impressed with live band at pool so maybe DJ was a better choice. Felt the entire entertainment package was not nearly as good as our New Years cruise just a few months ago.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just got off the Regal after a 14 cruise in the Caribbean. Crooner's entertainer was Liam Stewart. This is the first time in 15 Princess cruises that we walked out of Crooners the first night and never returned. I did not enjoy him at all and missed my evenings at Crooners, usually from 7-8 and then after 10:45. Crooners was mostly pretty quiet for a ship with over 3,000 passengers, not like anything else I've seen before where you couldn't get a seat.

Crooners is usually where we spend our evenings onboard during evenings. We were on the Regal in December 2017 and as you say, after the first night of hearing/seeing Liam Stewart perform we never went back. We made it to his 11:30 pm show (I believe that was the scheduled time to start - or similar) and when he finally did make it to the piano he played a couple of songs and then literally said 'since there are only about eight of you here, I will play one more song and be done for the night'. He left the piano and Crooners before midnight! We were surprised and shocked that he said this but after witnessing his attitude we never went back to Crooners the rest of the cruise. On top of his attitude, he did not strike us as a top notch entertainer. Hoping our next cruise in April of this year has someone at Crooners worth seeing!

So totally agree with you! We were on a B2B on the Crown last year and he was the Crooners entertainer. We always, and I mean always, hang out in Crooners. We tried him the first two nights and absolutely could not take it. He talked constantly and when he did sing, he did all these weird arrangements, making songs nearly unrecognizable. We actually ended up in the wheelhouse most evenings with a nice British duo. They were way better. Crooners was deserted most evenings. I don't understand why Princess is still booking him.

Crooners is usually where we spend our evenings onboard during evenings. We were on the Regal in December 2017 and as you say, after the first night of hearing/seeing Liam Stewart perform we never went back. We made it to his 11:30 pm show (I believe that was the scheduled time to start - or similar) and when he finally did make it to the piano he played a couple of songs and then literally said 'since there are only about eight of you here, I will play one more song and be done for the night'. He left the piano and Crooners before midnight! We were surprised and shocked that he said this but after witnessing his attitude we never went back to Crooners the rest of the cruise. On top of his attitude, he did not strike us as a top notch entertainer. Hoping our next cruise in April of this year has someone at Crooners worth seeing!

This is what it was like on our December 2017 Regal sailing. We spend all of our time in Crooners and I just didn't care of him.

Perry Grant is at Crooners on Royal and I enjoyed him sooooo much in December that I've booked his last US cruise in April. He has got to be the best Entertainer at Sea! Look him up online at that link that shows videos! If you EVER get a chance to see him, you will be hooked. He has thousands of fans who book cruises, just because he will be on it. He does not just sing, but ENTERTAINS and plays with the audience! The BEST!

I was on the Regal Xmas cruise. Liam was horrible. But I think Mary Simon was even worse. They switched up every night between Crooners and Wheelhouse. I love Crooners but ended up spending very little time there.

I'll be on Royal in a week. Glad to hear the entertainment is much better!

I was on the Regal Xmas cruise. Liam was horrible. But I think Mary Simon was even worse. They switched up every night between Crooners and Wheelhouse. I love Crooners but ended up spending very little time there.

I'll be on Royal in a week. Glad to hear the entertainment is much better!

Well I and a few thousand other people think Perry is the best entertainer on the high seas. Tell him "Baroness" will see him on April 9th!

I love the guy who used to play piano for Frank Sinatra...and apparently did some arrangements for him...He was an excellent player, strong singer, and was very personable. I think he may have had some health problems. His name was Ray, and he was great...

I think Jere Ring is as amazing as Perry and I'm befuddled as to how they keep booking mediocrity like Liam over Jere, who's hilarious, entertaining, AND talented. And his stories of those he's worked with in the past are incredible.

I've also felt the same way about the guest soprano of Bravo and Encore that I've seen in 2018. Most are just mediocre, not even real opera singers, and the one on the Crown at present (Kate Gordon) can't even pronounce the French in her Carmen aria correctly. I might be the only one who noticed, but certainly someone in management who knows better should have corrected her or hired a real opera singer who knew how to sing proper French.

The one on the Coral at present (yes, cruising on her again) looks as if she just threw her hair together in a ponytail with no makeup on. And in that grand ballgown, no less. DW had a lot more negative to say about her but I'll refrain until I can catch up on my reviews. Jennifer Fair is OK and on pitch, but more of a legit Broadway singer than a real opera singer and technically lazy in Encore compared to the last woman I saw here.

Makes you wonder about the standards Princess uses to hire some people. I don't even think they care how talented or entertaining someone is as long as a slot is filled. This needs to change.

Edited by musicpro442

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I love the guy who used to play piano for Frank Sinatra...and apparently did some arrangements for him...He was an excellent player, strong singer, and was very personable. I think he may have had some health problems. His name was Ray, and he was great...
Ray Coussins

Crooners is usually out last stop of the night - get a nightcap go to place...

Except...on Crown, November, 2017 when they 'replaced' the piano dude(tte) with a karaoke type singer...:mad:

On our Regal in March - don't remember the dudes name, but he was decent and engaging when he was playing...in between whatever was going on in the atrium...

Perry Grant is at Crooners on Royal and I enjoyed him sooooo much in December that I've booked his last US cruise in April. He has got to be the best Entertainer at Sea! Look him up online at that link that shows videos! If you EVER get a chance to see him, you will be hooked. He has thousands of fans who book cruises, just because he will be on it. He does not just sing, but ENTERTAINS and plays with the audience! The BEST!

We went to see this guy because our friends were hyping him......obviously people do not get out much and the guy was barely good karaoke.........:rolleyes: