Nachi questions for a newbie

Bamachic50

I think we are going to do Nachi on out upcoming cruise, it’s just my husband and I so we are looking for some relaxation for a little while. We will be in port on Sat April 12 from 8-4, suppose to be the first of 3 ships for the day. This is our first cruise so not sure what to expect. We are thinking going straight to Nachi when we arrive and staying until about 1pm and then come back to pier to explore around there since we haven’t been before. Are there cabs lined up to take you back to the pier at Nachi since it’s smaller than the other beach clubs? I’m a little nervous with this being our first time. And has anyone ever had the massage at Nachi? I’ve not hear good reviews of the ones on the cruise. I was thinking of doing a couples massage, wasn’t sure if I should book that at time I make my reservations or just when we arrive. Thanks

Bamachic50, we have been to Nachi before, and are planning on going again, soon. You just tell your waiter when you want a taxi, and he (or she) will get it for you. He will come and tell you when it is there and ready. We usually go straight there and head back earlier....avoiding the extreme heat.

Don't do massages so I can't help you there.

Make sure you get the grouper!! It is my favorite!

Taxis are easy and, as mentioned above, if one is not waiting your waiter will call one for you. Fare should be the same as what you paid to get to Nachi; fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier. There are three cruise ship piers - be sure that you go back to the correct one - it can be tough after 10-11 margaritas. :rolleyes:

We went to Nachi this week. Taxis were easy and they call one for you whenever you're ready to go. I thought it was a really nice beach day but the service was nothing super special. We did not do massages but I think we could've signed up when we got there.

Cozumel was our first port of 4. I'd rather stay at Nachi longer than leave early to explore. The shopping was all the same as the next port (Costa Maya) but Costa Maya's port was just nicer in general. We didn't walk around much further than the little mall area but enjoy the beach day if you can!!

• 2 weeks later...

Tipping is up to you and depends upon service. We typically tip 15-20% of the admission fee -- not sure what they are charging you for kids, but $30 sounds in the ballpark for good service from your waiter. I sometimes give the bartenders a few extra bucks for letting me practice my Spanish while at the swim-up bar.

Thanks! I figured it was around there, but with nothing to go on but the price of admission (it's currently $19 for my kids) I was guesstimating. Want to make sure I have enough USD to hand out at the end of the day!

We were not impressed with Nachi Cocum. We have been to Mr. Sanchez and Paradise Beach. We love Paradise and plan on going back on our next trip. Prices are cheaper, the pool is beautiful, the beaches and beach inflatable toys are affordable. Check their website about massages.

We were on the beach next to Nachi precisely one week ago,with the allegro cozumel resort day pass, because were told weeks before that Nachi was sold out (it was not true, by the way...we were there and asked.). Loved the beach(that is similar to the nachi beach)!The best one of our 2 weeks cruise! We were on other cruise 2 weeks ago in paradise Beach, but only liked the pool, the beach was full of water toys and rocks, not our kind of "paradise"...maybe if we were with kids... ;)

I am very interested in your experience at the Allegro.

Have heard very mixed reviews, especially regarding the food???

I love the nice, exclusive, tropical 'look' and feel of Nachi, but wonder if we should consider the Allegro as an option.

Nachi seems to be getting some mixed reviews now, as well.

I am a 'beach girl', and we would want to be on that nice stretch of beach.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I am very interested in your experience at the Allegro.

Have heard very mixed reviews, especially regarding the food???

I love the nice, exclusive, tropical 'look' and feel of Nachi, but wonder if we should consider the Allegro as an option.

Nachi seems to be getting some mixed reviews now, as well.

I am a 'beach girl', and we would want to be on that nice stretch of beach.

Thanks!

I think you need to be careful to be sure Allegro reviews are recent and current with regards food and maintenance since the chain were taken over by Barcelo a couple of years ago.

There is also a big difference in doing a day pass to a resort and reviews which are from people staying there, which will be primarily concerned with accommodations and the difficulty of securing table in specialty restaurants in an evening.

My review would not be up to date in that respect but I would think that Allegro is still more family oriented compared to Occidental next door and buffet more basic. We have enjoyed both with different groups. I am sure both hotel resorts will feel bigger and not as intimate as Nachi. Unless things have changed you will go to the buffet for lunch. I don’t recall food being brought to your lounger like Nachi, or maybe we just chose to go to the buffet?

I think we are going to do Nachi on out upcoming cruise, it’s just my husband and I so we are looking for some relaxation for a little while. We will be in port on Sat April 12 from 8-4, suppose to be the first of 3 ships for the day. This is our first cruise so not sure what to expect. We are thinking going straight to Nachi when we arrive and staying until about 1pm and then come back to pier to explore around there since we haven’t been before. Are there cabs lined up to take you back to the pier at Nachi since it’s smaller than the other beach clubs? I’m a little nervous with this being our first time. And has anyone ever had the massage at Nachi? I’ve not hear good reviews of the ones on the cruise. I was thinking of doing a couples massage, wasn’t sure if I should book that at time I make my reservations or just when we arrive. Thanks

Hi Bamachic, Cabs everywhere, so don't worry about getting around fast. I recommend you go into downtown after your beach visit. More fun that the pier area. Cabs are lined up on main street to run you back to the ship.

Our cruise in in August on the Allure. Just made reservations to Nachi Cocom. I did quite a bit of research on and off the boards and this one sounds to be the best for adults, less crowds and more personal service. For $55 each you can't beat the price. How bad can it be...beach, swim up bar, lounge chairs, unlimited alcohol and 4 course a la carte meal?

Nachi Cocom taxi question. This is my first Carnival cruise. How much is a taxi ride from Carnival's pier to Nachi Cocom?

Current fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier, but expect to pay about $17 each way. Fare covers up to 4 passengers sharing the taxi -- higher fares for groups of 5-6 and 7+ are also posted; you may need to wait a minute for a van cab to come up in the line, There should be an expediter working the cab line by the piers.

Bring some small bills - cab drivers everywhere never seem to have change when you pull out $20's :confused:

Current fares will be posted on a board near the cab line for your pier, but expect to pay about $17 each way. Fare covers up to 4 passengers sharing the taxi -- higher fares for groups of 5-6 and 7+ are also posted; you may need to wait a minute for a van cab to come up in the line, There should be an expediter working the cab line by the piers.

Bring some small bills - cab drivers everywhere never seem to have change when you pull out $20's :confused:

Thanks, John. That's what we paid for a 2-person cab ride in February on our RC cruise. And we just gave the driver $20 each way, too. I was just curious if there was a price difference because of pier locations.

Thanks, John. That's what we paid for a 2-person cab ride in February on our RC cruise. And we just gave the driver $20 each way, too. I was just curious if there was a price difference because of pier locations.

The piers are only a couple of minutes apart in a taxi unless you are on one of the smaller Carnival ships that sometimes stop at the pier in town.