"REAL MEXICO"

wannacrewz

Wow...

I’m not going to respond to your remarks aimed at me as you obviously have issues and cannot read. I will suggest however that in the future you cite the post you are referencing in your comments to minimize the confusion. You are now referencing a different post than that which I responded to (that you quoted). Also I would suggest you carefully read posts before responding with criticism, that keeps the info here less muddied. Criticizing someone who is sharing their experiences - whether you agree or have ever had those experiences - is very childish and doesn’t help those looking for info. Thanks for your feedback though! ;)

I do need to include this comment from you though - so funny as you are referring to me as a tourist with zero information about me! Assuming is another fault...

There is a protocol to follow an I doubt that you, or most tourists, have any idea what it is. Misinformation is what gets other people in trouble.

This confusing rambling makes no sense - sorry. Name calling, insulting and I guess the need to have the last word. You're "not going to respond", but you do anyway - LOL. Good luck!

This confusing rambling makes no sense - sorry. Name calling, insulting and I guess the need to have the last word. You're "not going to respond", but you do anyway - LOL. Good luck!

Confusing rambling? Name calling, insulting and last word? I am the one who is sorry, but for you as those accusations are just funny. You still don’t understand-or want to see - what you read. And then you take my verbiage out of context to fit your needs. No worries man, you go!

Meant to add that I tend to ignore 3rd party info unless it sounds reasonable and I hope others reading this dialogue do the same, and see where you are coming from.

Happy travels if you do!

And we are enjoying our place here in Mexico with friends tonight and we’re all having fun with your comments. We are all experienced travelers and live here so your input is amusing to say the least. If you decide to re-read the earlier posts we would appreciate your feedback then. My main concern as always is the biased or inaccurate “info” that negatively impacts those looking for useful information and they see this type of post.

Adios, and if you ever make it down try to experience it for yourself.

And we are enjoying our place here in Mexico with friends tonight and we’re all having fun with your comments. We are all experienced travelers and live here so your input is amusing to say the least. If you decide to re-read the earlier posts we would appreciate your feedback then. My main concern as always is the biased or inaccurate “info” that negatively impacts those looking for useful information and they see this type of post.

Adios, and if you ever make it down try to experience it for yourself.

OMG how sad sad sad that you have nothing better to do than to sit around with "friends" and discuss your rant with an anonymous person on the internet. I am actually embarrassed for you. How absurd to react like this because someone challenged your opinion.

If you live in Mexico, even part of the year, there are many impoverished people - step away from your computer and volunteer some time to actually help someone in need.

As I mentioned before, anyone considering driving in Mexico should be aware that there are rules, laws and customs that are very different from what you're used to and could be dangerous for you if you are involved in a serious accident. Be mindful of this.

OMG how sad sad sad that you have nothing better to do than to sit around with "friends" and discuss your rant with an anonymous person on the internet. I am actually embarrassed for you. How absurd to react like this because someone challenged your opinion.

If you live in Mexico, even part of the year, there are many impoverished people - step away from your computer and volunteer some time to actually help someone in need.

As I mentioned before, anyone considering driving in Mexico should be aware that there are rules, laws and customs that are very different from what you're used to and could be dangerous for you if you are involved in a serious accident. Be mindful of this.

There are many many people that rent cars and drive around Mexico everyday. There are thousands and thousands of expats from North America in Mexico that own cars in Mexico and drive around Mexico everyday. Just because other people don't share your paranoia doesn't make them bad or wrong.

WOW...so sad your life is Rich. We try to give you some insight, and your reaction is to belittle those of us who have REAL experiences. That really is sad, and I am sorry for you. I wasn't coming back to this thread (and you will certainly take this out of context as you did earlier) but you really are not adding anything of value here for folks looking for experience and guidance. Remember this is a cruise forum as well...

Folks - please overlook the ridicule and cynicism, and do consider visiting Mexico, just do your due diligence and enough research on the area of Mexico you are considering cruising to. We love the people and the culture, and everything else is a bonus! Renting a car from ISIS and driving Coz is such an easy and amazing experience and we just want to share that with you. There is a lot of noise in this thread, especially, and I again apologize for that if you read everything here Our first cruises to Cozumel were amazing, and we fell in love with the Riviera Maya on land vacations and moved here as many others have. But as a cruising destination, we do love Coz and Belize and feel very safe in both areas. Those of you cruising here for the first time and reading this thread, I hope you can decipher the information.

I will repeat what I wrote earlier -

My main concern as always is the biased or inaccurate “info” that negatively impacts those looking for useful information. And I will add that third party "information" is obviously not something you should rely on.

I will add that I got my first ticket last week! I was guilty of not putting my seatbelt on before driving into the street from a parking garage, and a motorcycle policeman was right there and I have to say he did the right thing and pulled me over. They are very strict on safety and no drinking and driving, and that is quite refreshing! Very respectful officer, and I retrieved my drivers license 2 hrs and $323 pesos later!

We try to give you some insight, and your reaction is to belittle those of us who have REAL experiences.
How absurd that you would jump to any conclusions about a total stranger. But just so you know - I have traveled extensively throughout most of Latin America for 36 years. I have been to all but one country in South America and have accumulated years of temporary residence in countries such as Colombia, Brasil and Venezuela - some reasonably dangerous places. I have also travelled extensively all over the interior of Mexico, most of it by car.

From 1999 to 2016, I was a director for a major Mexican multi-national and one of my main responsibilities was border security and compliance with CTPAT procedures.

You know nothing about me but jump to some lame conclusion. Continue to promote some little car rental company and as well as yourself as some expert on travel in Mexico. So so lame.