Bringing own water bottle

Muffinz

Can you bring an empty plastic bottle on board Solstice and fill it up with water from the ship and take it with you when you stop at the next port?

Most certainly. Just ask your stateroom attendant for an ice bucket and water pitcher.

They used to be provided in all staterooms automatically, but now you need to request them, even though there is still no charge for them.

Your stateroom attendant should refill them twice each day, when making up the room in the morning, and again at turndown, or at other times upon request.

Or you can refill them yourself from the ice and water dispensers up at the buffet.

They don't want you to stick your own water bottle under the spouts up there, but you can fill the pitcher to take back to your cabin.

Then it is very easy to refill your water bottle with the ice water from the pitcher, which has a nice spout, so you don't end up sloshing water all over.

If you have a beverage package, you can pick up bottles of water at any bar, and they usually have them available by the gangway to take with you when leaving the ship at the various ports as well.

"but I heard you can't take food / drink from the ship?"

You can't take fresh food (fruit, sandwiches, etc) from the ship but at nearly every port you can take pre-packaged, commercially prepared food with you. Things like granola bars, energy bars, packaged cereals, baby food. The strictest ports in this regard include those in Australia, New Zealand and Chile, but nearly every port in the world has agricultural laws restricting foods that can be brought ashore.

As to drinks, you will find that the ship sells bottled waters and soft drinks which can be taken ashore, or you can fill your own water bottles. The only place where I ever saw drinks restricted was in a port in Alaska where you weren't allowed to take disposable coffee cups ashore -- they have enough landfill problems without having to take care of passengers' waste. But even there you could still take your own water bottles.

As noted, don't stick your own water bottle under the dispenser. Fill one of the ship's glasses with water and then transfer it to your bottle.

There is no need to bring your own water bottle. Celebrity provides water as you are leaving the ship. Also, when you return they have water and fresh moist either hot or cold towels depending on the weather.

There is no need to bring your own water bottle. Celebrity provides water as you are leaving the ship. Also, when you return they have water and fresh moist either hot or cold towels depending on the weather.

Unless you have a drink package there is a charge for the bottled water when leaving the ship. The cups of water or lemonade when returning are free.

Unless you have a drink package there is a charge for the bottled water when leaving the ship. The cups of water or lemonade when returning are free.

Or you want your beverage to stay cold which is why we are taking one insulated thermos on our next cruise.

Food and water are two very different topics.

That cute little beagle you see on the pier may come and sit next to you alerting the handler that you have a banana in your bag. This will NOT end well for you.

Be very careful about food products, unless prepackaged as someone else said.

The water bottle situation has been very well explained, Bring your own, just use proper technique to refill it.

If you're going to go to the trouble of bringing a bottle with you for excursions, make sure it's an insulated one made for that purpose, not an empty disposable one. If it's plastic, make sure you clean it well with soap and water between each use to prevent bacterial growth.

It's a long day between leaving the ship and returning - best to always have a water bottle with you in the hot climes

Just bought the insulated one on the ship. $16 I think and looks like a "S'well" water bottle. Didn't think it would be insulated as well as the S'well since it was less than half the price, but we had a hot long day in Puerto Rico and it still had ice in the bottle when we returned to the ship. Good purchase!

GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YjUwLWIyZmYALTM1ZWQtMDACLTAwCgBGAAADlzDrJiVUkUmyAf4uLgBAlboHAN8BLCmC3RNIsxet8G7pKe0AAAIBDAAAAN8BLCmC3RNIsxet8G7pKe0AAkOLlf4AAAABEgAQAONynV3MaORFgrGO0K5HL%2BY%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20180309.04&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=D3vD1Kbtg0u4VtA3kCD4I_C4Y2TjkNUYbunXf4UXznPinaz2mi7o0akGTuAARJTSvS_M53JjKdM.&token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsIng1dCI6ImVuaDlCSnJWUFU1aWpWMXFqWmpWLWZMMmJjbyJ9.eyJ2ZXIiOiJFeGNoYW5nZS5DYWxsYmFjay5WMSIsImFwcGN0eHNlbmRlciI6Ik93YURvd25sb2FkQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImFwcGN0eCI6IntcIm1zZXhjaHByb3RcIjpcIm93YVwiLFwicHJpbWFyeXNpZFwiOlwiUy0xLTI4MjctODQ4MTYtMzAwMzA2OTkzM1wiLFwicHVpZFwiOlwiMzY0Mjg0OTQ5MjQ3NDY5XCIsXCJvaWRcIjpcIjAwMDE0YjUwLWIyZmYtMzVlZC0wMDAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMFwiLFwic2NvcGVcIjpcIk93YURvd25sb2FkXCJ9IiwiaXNzIjoiMDAwMDAwMDItMDAwMC0wZmYxLWNlMDAtMDAwMDAwMDAwMDAwQDg0ZGY5ZTdmLWU5ZjYtNDBhZi1iNDM1LWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhYSIsImF1ZCI6IjAwMDAwMDAyLTAwMDAtMGZmMS1jZTAwLTAwMDAwMDAwMDAwMC9hdHRhY2htZW50Lm91dGxvb2subGl2ZS5uZXRAODRkZjllN2YtZTlmNi00MGFmLWI0MzUtYWFhYWFhYWFhYWFhIiwiZXhwIjoxNTIxODI2MzY4LCJuYmYiOjE1MjE4MjU3Njh9.Dbii-wnzsGsEee_ftYRITLZAtz1JAYSWJrz3mEpW_01WC96Imdu6N1WiY5G-JxQ-qbFmCKzfWlO0T5AL1RnGu7to6WizxOkFK2hE4rswXOhWVnL3xO7h7HHuPQKct6R06-IKNeOAJ2-RhR_8ExoIyUdWxBnOkz304mVX4uyOWtnH2BcvZJuTrwf89lmVF8hxc9PcrI3LX5ZHARmqqYQvwPr4mFJVh_Fj2PycIsYBlhQxeayUF2ymC5xfjLIMvCMWys0UsE4Rx6VgiEKIsO5zB-7bCrKg-2sGLNNyhhsuYcqyTYY-VyNs-WRMq8I3BYyINGyubSuxNLhS-y7M0NveLA&animation=true

to reiterate something that was said earlier but seems to have been glossed over....Please do not fill your water bottles from the public beverage stations in the buffet. It is not sanitary and it is forbidden. Lots of signs are posted. If you have you own water bottle and want to fill it take the time to put the ice and water in a glass and then pour that into your personal bottle.

to reiterate something that was said earlier but seems to have been glossed over....Please do not fill your water bottles from the public beverage stations in the buffet. It is not sanitary and it is forbidden. Lots of signs are posted. If you have you own water bottle and want to fill it take the time to put the ice and water in a glass and then pour that into your personal bottle.

Yes and I still watch people doing it .. so annoying. Then some use hands to depress the lever thinking that is ok.. so many brainless folks.. as I pack for a 15 night cruise!

Just use the tap water, and some ice from your bucket.

We have the classic beverage package - but I heard you can't take food / drink from the ship?

I've never heard of not being able to take bottled water off the ship. Some ports don't allow food to be taken off the ship but in most ports that's not a problem either. Normally there will be a beverage station near the gangway offering waters and drinks. We usually grab our beverages/water at the bar in the buffet that way we just walk off the ship without any delays. It's also not a bad idea to get a couple of bottles of water in the evening prior to heading to your cabin that way you will have some extras.

Yes, you can buy water as you leave the ship. And it is always a good idea to have water with you!

However, the plastic for the purchased water bottles is very thin. I have had one break inside my bag (or outside in holder).

I prefer (as some others may, too) to have water in a sturdy water bottle. I either buy water before and transfer the water into a sturdy dedicated water bottle. I also like to buy the energy drinks before leaving for a cruise and then as an "empty"(nice sturdy plastic) they make great off ship water bottles and if they get forgotten, no big deal!

Just as irritating and even more unsanitary are peeps going through the buffet line and eating and licking their fingers! I see this far too often and as a retired RN, have the urge to "slap them silly".

Sigh. I wish the ships would post in the eating areas to not eat and lick fingers while in line.

Just as irritating and even more unsanitary are peeps going through the buffet line and eating and licking their fingers! I see this far too often and as a retired RN, have the urge to "slap them silly".

Sigh. I wish the ships would post in the eating areas to not eat and lick fingers while in line.

Our biggest complaint about cruises as well which is why we avoid the buffet.

We eat breakfast and dinner in Blu and on seas days lunch in the Aqua Spa Cafe.

We have metal lined bottles with clips...keeps water cold. Good for biking, hiking or long excursions. They can be filled from plastic water btls..rather than the fountains.

Mostly we make do with the plastic btls on the Classic package.