Beachers vs. Banarama

WindinmySails

Haven't been to West Bay yet but I was also debating pretty much this same question. My choices were between Paradise or Beachers. After a lot of searching we decided to go with with Paradise as "supposedly" the best snorkeling is in front of the Grand Roatan and Paradise is closer to this area. I have read that Beachers is awesome but looks to be a little further away from Grand Roatan than what we wanted. Again, I could be wrong but this is what I found when searching. We booked Paradise for $34 pp which includes transportation, lunch, 1 drink and lounger. Enjoy your trip and let us know how you make out.

Same beach, same reef.

And I think the packages are about the same $.

IMO, the outdoor showers and locker/dressing room at Bananarama give it a bit more sway. Food at Beachers was better though. But you had to pay for food at BR anyway, so easy to walk up to Beachers.

Paradise good be a good option as in the past they've tended to be a bit less crowded. But not sure if they offer transportation like other two. And transportation included is a great value over separate taxi fare if docking at Mahogany Bay.

Haven't been to West Bay yet but I was also debating pretty much this same question. My choices were between Paradise or Beachers. After a lot of searching we decided to go with with Paradise as "supposedly" the best snorkeling is in front of the Grand Roatan and Paradise is closer to this area. I have read that Beachers is awesome but looks to be a little further away from Grand Roatan than what we wanted. Again, I could be wrong but this is what I found when searching. We booked Paradise for $34 pp which includes transportation, lunch, 1 drink and lounger. Enjoy your trip and let us know how you make out.

We were set to book Paradise for our last trip but it was temporarily suspended from the booking site when we were ready to book. Sounds like a really good deal for Roatan - do report back and let us know how it goes.

Our Plan B was to have a driver for the day from Rony and check out places for future trips. We intended to walk from Paradise/Bananarama area to Beacher’s stopping off to sample a beer, or two, then catch water taxi from there to West End. Unfortunately our driver didn’t really talk,or listen to us very much to give us much direction timewise. He arranged for us to take taxi directly from Infinity Pier so we never made it to Beacher’s. Certainly looked much quieter at that end, from the water, but is some distance from where the best snorkeling is supposed to be.

OP, as Crew suggests, probably best to start at Bananarama end to snorkel then walk to Beacher’s for lunch.

Same beach, same reef.

And I think the packages are about the same $.

IMO, the outdoor showers and locker/dressing room at Bananarama give it a bit more sway. Food at Beachers was better though. But you had to pay for food at BR anyway, so easy to walk up to Beachers.

Paradise good be a good option as in the past they've tended to be a bit less crowded. But not sure if they offer transportation like other two. And transportation included is a great value over separate taxi fare if docking at Mahogany Bay.

I went thru a excursion website and was offered transportation. I felt we got a good deal, we're going in July and it's $34 pp and includes trans, pool, 1 drink, lunch, lounger and use of towels. Will report back after.

Trying to decide between the two, would like a great snorkeling experience. Does anyone have any insight of opinions of either? Thanks so much!

If you wish you great snorkeling experience steps from your lounger, Tabyana is your best bet. However, if you are willing to walk down the beach past Infinity's L shaped pier, you will find the reef comes almost to the water's edge, due to the shallow reef there are no boats.

One can sure snorkel out from both Bananarama and Beacher's but most of the space is sand and one would either need to stay inside the buoy line, watch for boats and/or swim much farther out to the reef.

Please understand the whole of West Bay Beach can be walked in about 20 mins, one is never really far from anything.

The best snorkeling starts in front of Infinity Bay (which is right next to Tabyana). We have used Paradise and it was a 5 minute walk down to there. Banarama is next door to Paradise but Beachers is further down, probably 10-15 minute walk.