Princess EZ Air anything but

Bobcubsfan

Both of mine were international flights, with a domestic leg preceding the international leg. I only upgraded to Comfort for the 8+hour international legs because the domestic flights were just over an hour.

When I called Delta the first time I did it, nothing was ever mentioned by the agent about not being permitted to do the upgrade because my ticket was "bulk rate". When I did it myself online, it went right thru, and the charge for it was on my next credit card statement. So I don't know what else to tell you.

Both of mine were international flights, with a domestic leg preceding the international leg. I only upgraded to Comfort for the 8+hour international legs because the domestic flights were just over an hour.

When I called Delta the first time I did it, nothing was ever mentioned by the agent about not being permitted to do the upgrade because my ticket was "bulk rate". When I did it myself online, it went right thru, and the charge for it was on my next credit card statement. So I don't know what else to tell you.

I just left DA website. Option to upgrade was not available on my booking! How long ago did you do this?

For the most part, we have been pleased with Princess EZAir up until this trip. We booked our flights but couldn't get seat assignments online on Air Canada. My husband finally had to call Air Canada only to be told that we would have to pay an extra $50 per ticket to choose a seat. We called Princess about but they said it was Air Canada's fault. It would have been nice if we had been offered cruise credit for it.

For the most part, we have been pleased with Princess EZAir up until this trip. We booked our flights but couldn't get seat assignments online on Air Canada. My husband finally had to call Air Canada only to be told that we would have to pay an extra $50 per ticket to choose a seat. We called Princess about but they said it was Air Canada's fault. It would have been nice if we had been offered cruise credit for it.

Most non-US based airlines have a fee to reserve seats more than about 24 hours in advance & Princess isn't responsible for those fees...blame Air Canada & not Princess.

My next flight is on KLM which also charges seat reservation fees & it doesn't matter how we've booked our flight. Lufthansa & British are other airlines that I know charge fees to reserve seats before check in.

I just left DA website. Option to upgrade was not available on my booking! How long ago did you do this?

The last one was about 2 weeks ago. When I pulled up my booking on the Delta site to make sure nothing about it had changed, the offer for Delta Comfort was displayed on the page. Just for the heck of it, I changed our seats to Comfort seats, paid the charge, and those seats are now what show on the booking on Delta.

It could have been caused by a computer glitch showing the fare that had already sold out or been pulled. I've had that happen with other sites, too. There may be plenty of seats but only a certain number being sold at a certain price, and the site just took too long to take down that great price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This problem of having flights show up only to be not available when actually booking is not unique to EZair. I've had this occur on Expedia, Kayak, etc. I even had it occur when booking directly with Delta. I actually called Delta when that happened and they apologized, but stated this happens all the time. It has something to do with limited seats at the price and delays in updating the information after others have booked. Very frustrating.

With that said, we are using EZair for our upcoming cruise and used it for our last cruise. Can't beat the prices for international travel.

• 10 months later...

Not sure if this is normal, but I had made a reservation with ezair with the return flight CPH to AMS to SLC. I have received two updates on my original ezair booking. The first one changed the return flight to CPH to AMS to ATL to SLC, all in the same day. The second changed the return flight to CPH to AMS to ATL with a layover to the next day to SLC. I now have to pay for lodging in ATL. Looking at the current airfare for my original reservation, the cost has increased signifigantly so re-booking is not an option. There is something wrong with this situation. Ezair is not so easy.

Our last cruise was on Disney and they also offer to book flights through the cruise line office. We prefer business class and found that what was offered through Disney was significantly higher than what I could do on my own. Not only that but the flight itinerary offered was pretty challenging. In the end we cancelled what Disney suggested and booked our own flights - we got a great deal on United Airlines.

This is very typical of DCL, even after factoring in the cost of transfers.

Not sure if this is normal, but I had made a reservation with ezair with the return flight CPH to AMS to SLC. I have received two updates on my original ezair booking. The first one changed the return flight to CPH to AMS to ATL to SLC, all in the same day. The second changed the return flight to CPH to AMS to ATL with a layover to the next day to SLC. I now have to pay for lodging in ATL. Looking at the current airfare for my original reservation, the cost has increased signifigantly so re-booking is not an option. There is something wrong with this situation. Ezair is not so easy.

Assuming you booked the flexible fare option, chances are the changes were made by Princess. The only way to lock in the fare AND the itinerary is to pay for the flights which does eliminate the possibility of your making changes later on.

If you take advantage of the flexible fare possibilities, Princess will protect the fare you booked at, but may change the itinerary if the airline increases the fares for the itinerary you picked.

Assuming you booked the flexible fare option, chances are the changes were made by Princess. The only way to lock in the fare AND the itinerary is to pay for the flights which does eliminate the possibility of your making changes later on.

If you take advantage of the flexible fare possibilities, Princess will protect the fare you booked at, but may change the itinerary if the airline increases the fares for the itinerary you picked.

And even after the tickets are paid, the airline can change the flights....anywhere from months to a day or two before you are scheduled to fly.

We recently booked a UK cruise on Princess. After spending over an hour trying to book flights and getting error messages over and over and over, I finally succeeded in reserving awful flights that were long and required a stop. So, the next day, I attempted over and over and over again to change the flights. Two non-stops appeared, at a lower cost, and I attempted to book them. It was impossible. I kept getting an error message. Then the cost of the airfare went up.

Calling Princess was useless. The company policy was that they would not compensate us for what is clearly a computer glitch in their system. The agent(s) said that it was the airlines' fault. Bunk. If you use Kayak or other online services, you can choose flights and book them in real time. I have done it.

So we canceled the cruise, and Princess has lost us as customers.

I don't blame you for cancelling. If they make it that hard to book a flight and cruise why bother? We've used Princess Air, but had to be savvy about the booking. We had to do an excursion in FLL, then take the Princess bus to Miami for the nonstop flight to San Francisco. So, depends on how much crap you can take. /JMHO

Yea, I am going to try EZAir for the first time for my N.European/TA cruise in August, 2019. In comparing prices for airfares for the same cruise this year, I found that EZAir was so much cheaper! We will be flying into Copenhagen before the cruise. I will be flying Air Canada from Denver to Toronto this year for another cruise and am flying in Business Class. Was able to book myself with airline for the same price as EZAir, so did that this time. Hope goes well as the flights for EZAir are for Air Canada from Denver to Toronto with a nice layover and then from Toronto to Copenhagen. Will do both legs business class. This particular set of flights is a regular on Air Canada so I am hoping I won't run into all these flight changes that I am reading about!!!! Though, I must admit I am a little uneasy, but the difference in pricing is so much, I can't afford not to go the EZAir route!

Pooh

Yea, I am going to try EZAir for the first time for my N.European/TA cruise in August, 2019. In comparing prices for airfares for the same cruise this year, I found that EZAir was so much cheaper! We will be flying into Copenhagen before the cruise. I will be flying Air Canada from Denver to Toronto this year for another cruise and am flying in Business Class. Was able to book myself with airline for the same price as EZAir, so did that this time. Hope goes well as the flights for EZAir are for Air Canada from Denver to Toronto with a nice layover and then from Toronto to Copenhagen. Will do both legs business class. This particular set of flights is a regular on Air Canada so I am hoping I won't run into all these flight changes that I am reading about!!!! Though, I must admit I am a little uneasy, but the difference in pricing is so much, I can't afford not to go the EZAir route!

Pooh

We're Canadian and fly out of Toronto all the time and, yes, EZAir can typically give us better prices (usually on Air Canada or European airlines) than anything I can find myself. Air Canada doesn't mess too much with its schedules either -- not like U.S. carriers.

Re: problems like t520black's, I've run into those issues all the time with U.S. carriers, even when booking directly. I hate it most when I've paid more for a direct flight and then the airline changes my itinerary to include a six-hour layover . . . with no compensation to me. I wouldn't have paid the price I did for a flight with a six-hour layover, but with only a couple of weeks to go, what do you do? I especially will not fly United now: they've tampered with my itinerary too many times. I really think there should be legislation that if an airline changes your ticket substantially, they owe you some kind of compensation.

I really think there should be legislation that if an airline changes your ticket substantially, they owe you some kind of compensation.

If the airline charges your flight to make it inconvenient, then you can call them to change for an itinerary that is better for you assuming one still exists. There should be no charge to do this.

If the airline charges your flight to make it inconvenient, then you can call them to change for an itinerary that is better for you assuming one still exists. There should be no charge to do this.

That's always been the problem: they've cancelled the direct flights (not full enough?), and the only remaining flights have been miserable connections.

That's always been the problem: they've cancelled the direct flights (not full enough?), and the only remaining flights have been miserable connections.

That’s a reason I use a flight app to check our flights daily because things change.

When that happens, I search the airline’s website for better alternatives before calling the airline to get flights that work with my travel plans. By quickly contacting the airline, I get the best choices for alternate flights & because it’s a result of their flight changes there’s never been a fee.

Once our non-stop FLL/LAX became a connection in DFW however via ORD was better for us. AA changed our flights to the available flights via ORD that worked better for us.

We have had good and bad experiences with EZ Air - we tried booking a direct flight from Charlotte to Seattle a few years ago, right around the time when US Air was merging with AA. We tried on several occasions (over the course of a few weeks) to book these flights, which always were there, but would always give us an error when we tried to book. We finally called Princess, and they couldn't figure it out earlier, but thought that the merger with US Air/AA had something to do with it. They ended up taking the EZ Air booking ability offline (maybe only for people in my region), and, if I remember correctly, gave us a free balcony breakfast.

On a cruise we have upcoming in July, we found great flights on EZ Air that we reserved, and we called Princess when the price dropped. I had a wonderful person on the other end who congratulated us on finding it and changed everything over for us.

We just booked flights using Lufthansa for the trip to the ship and Air Canada for the trip back, and found that both charge a fee for seat assignments. Lufthansa said you could get yours for free 23 hours before the flight leaves (i.e., when you check in).

We just booked flights using Lufthansa for the trip to the ship and Air Canada for the trip back, and found that both charge a fee for seat assignments. Lufthansa said you could get yours for free 23 hours before the flight leaves (i.e., when you check in).

Airlines do that now. They do it if you book directly, use a travel agent, or use EZAir.

Airlines do that now. They do it if you book directly, use a travel agent, or use EZAir.

You are correct Caribill, although I have found that on occasions a TA can book your seats and absorb the cost (in their commission I guess). Last July we flew from Australia to Rome via Dubai with Emirates and they were wanting to charge $55 each for a long haul seat choice and $35 for a short haul. For us that worked out at $360 which is extortion. When I mentioned it to my TA she said go to my flight booking and see what seats I wanted and send her an email to book them. I think Emirates have since lowered their fees for seat allocation. I know Qantas charge $30 per pax. If you leave it until 48 hours or less before departure then seat allocation is free. As we now only want aisle seats which are generally easy to get we will not pay these fees in the future.