Pros and Cons....Do we pick RCL Oasis or MSC YC Seaside?

Europeantraveler1

I am scouring CC for reviews and comments for those of you who have sailed RCL Oasis and have also sailed MSC YC Seaside!!

Please share your experiences and observations and thoughts! We are planning on a 2020 June W. Med cruise with family (including 13 and 15 year-old grandsons).

We want it to be a great experience for both adults and grandsons.

Thank you!!

I am scouring CC for reviews and comments for those of you who have sailed RCL Oasis and have also sailed MSC YC Seaside!!

Please share your experiences and observations and thoughts! We are planning on a 2020 June W. Med cruise with family (including 13 and 15 year-old grandsons).

We want it to be a great experience for both adults and grandsons.

Thank you!!

The Med cruises are usually port intensive. I would choose MSC YC. We sailed the Divina med in YC with our then 15 year old son. He LOVED it (kids get great special attention), he met kids both in YC and the rest of the ship. There's not that much time to really explore the Oasis if that itinerary is port intensive (I don't know). Personally, I don't ever want to cruise in anything other than MSC YC. It is A SPECTACULAR experience.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

Oasis for sure. There is so much to do. I sailed MSC Seaside in January and will never go on MSC again.
I can bet that you were not in YC. Whole different cruise. It is difficult to find anyone who wouldn't sail YC again. But I can totally understand not sailing MSC if the choice was Oasis or non-YC.

Agree with nat9511. In Jan. we sailed Seaside for 7 days. Next day we went on Oasis for 7 days. Could not wait to get on Oasis as we knew what to expect. Had a great cruise on Oasis! We were originally excited to cruise on the new Seaside but were terribly let down. Too many problems and too much time at guest services trying to straighten them out. Supposedly things are getting better.MSC is not for me!!!

Since you said you wanted to stay in the YC on Seaside and knowing Oasis has nothing like the YC, that might be a deciding factor. Just do a comparison price check on a RCCL suite vs. YC. You will be shocked to see the price difference by trying to compare something of remote similarity.

There is absolutely no way the people who are responding negatively to MSC on this post stayed in the Yacht Club. Not a chance. For one, there are no lines and you would not need to speak to Guest Services about anything. The Concierge handles any matter (as well as your butler AND your steward). You have to compare apples to apples. If you did not stay in YC, your opinion is that of a COMPLETELY different experience.

I so agree with the above poster. You would have to give your opinion to the OP of someone who has stayed in the YC.

Example-

Left Royal for NCL haven. Hands down NCL. Royal has nothing like the Haven either. If I was not staying in the Haven-price would of been the deciding factor. Although the layout on NCL pool deck is not as good as Royals.

My thoughts on teenage cruisers:

Everyone seems to say Oasis with kids.

Oasis has ice skating. Seaside does not

Both Oasis and Seaside have:

sports court

water park

zip line

Arcade

Oasis has a flow rider- Seaside has water slides

Oasis has a rock wall- Seaside has an obstacle course

Oasis has a carousel- Seaside has bowling

For adults

Seaside has the YC :D

Oasis does not! Price check those high end suite on Oasis!! :eek:

Everyone-please feel free to add what I missed.

Edited by Debde
I did it again-why do I keep typing Seaview!!

I appreciate ALL comments! It is making our decision a lot easier!!!

BTW...I did entitle my post as specific to a MCS “YC” experience. So I agree that those who wrote they would never cruise again on MCS very likely did NOT cruise “YC”. Thanks everyone! BTW....did you all who cruised “YC” pay full-price or did you take advantage of a special, discounted price???

We got our 5% Voyager Club discount BUT our previous 2 YC cruises were considerably cheaper than what they are charging for Seaside YC now. Luckily, I booked the Royal Suite on Seaside for our April 7th cruise in 2015 and saved well above 2K over current prices. CAN'T WAIT!

An interesting discussion on the royal forum about trying to drink beer on your balcony: no drink packages include the mini-bar and you only can have one drink from a bar, at one time. MSC's comped mini-bar would make YC the better bet, if you like drinks in your cabin, or balcony.

An interesting discussion on the royal forum about trying to drink beer on your balcony: no drink packages include the mini-bar and you only can have one drink from a bar, at one time. MSC's comped mini-bar would make YC the better bet, if you like drinks in your cabin, or balcony.

Oh yes! Drinks on the balcony sounds quite dreamy!! ;)

What’s the price difference between Oasis and YC Seaside? We are sailing on the MSC Meraviglia in the Mediterranean in an Aurea Duplex Suite. The cost for a family of 4 is roughly $4K. A cruise in a Crown Loft Suite (the equivalent accommodation on an Oasis ship on Royal) would’ve been $17K! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh yes! Drinks on the balcony sounds quite dreamy!! ;)
And in YC you not only can have drinks on your balcony out of your mini bar but your butler would be happy to get several cocktails and finger foods from the YC lounge for you - free of charge. Just ask. Room service is free too.

What’s the price difference between Oasis and YC Seaside? We are sailing on the MSC Meraviglia in the Mediterranean in an Aurea Duplex Suite. The cost for a family of 4 is roughly $4K. A cruise in a Crown Loft Suite (the equivalent accommodation on an Oasis ship on Royal) would’ve been $17K! [emoji33]

So, does Meraviglia have the Yacht Club option? I think it does if I remember correctly. How does YC prices compare to something comparable on the Oasis?

So, does Meraviglia have the Yacht Club option?

They do have YC, but we are sailing from Civitavecchia and for some reason, YC accommodations for 4 guests are not available on our sailing from that port. But we were enticed by the huge Aurea Duplex Suite because we are a family of 4 who will appreciate the 2 deck layout with 2 bathrooms, dining area, and huge balcony with hot tub.

They do have YC, but we are sailing from Civitavecchia and for some reason, YC accommodations for 4 guests are not available on our sailing from that port. But we were enticed by the huge Aurea Duplex Suite because we are a family of 4 who will appreciate the 2 deck layout with 2 bathrooms, dining area, and huge balcony with hot tub.

The reason YC is not available is because those of us who have sailed in YC can't keep our mouths shut about it! Difficult to find availability anymore, and prices are creeping higher and higher. I keep telling myself to stop talking about it, but I can't! 🤣 It blows my mind how much more expensive other lines are and they don't even compare. Even the closest, NCL Haven, doesnt include all the amenities, lounge and free drinks. I'm not about to throw my money away just for an upgraded room.

We sailed on Allure of the Seas in a 1-bedroom aquatheater suite and had a fantastic experience. We would love to sail in a suite on an Oasis class ship again, but the prices are out of control. We're booked in a YC deluxe suite for Christmas week this year for under $4k. In fairness, I think we lucked into a pricing mistake, but for comparison... a grand suite for the same week would cost about $11k on Allure, $15k on Harmony, and $18k on Symphony!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We sailed on Allure of the Seas in a 1-bedroom aquatheater suite and had a fantastic experience. We would love to sail in a suite on an Oasis class ship again, but the prices are out of control. We're booked in a YC deluxe suite for Christmas week this year for under $4k. In fairness, I think we lucked into a pricing mistake, but for comparison... a grand suite for the same week would cost about $11k on Allure, $15k on Harmony, and $18k on Symphony!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That's not a mistake. Non-holiday rates in a deluxe YC suite hover between 3-3500. They are not lavish, like the suites on other lines - but even the Royal Suites, are THOUSANDS less. The value is incredible.

That's not a mistake. Non-holiday rates in a deluxe YC suite hover between 3-3500. They are not lavish, like the suites on other lines - but even the Royal Suites, are THOUSANDS less. The value is incredible.

I wish I could get YC for $3500. I think now that it is so popular the prices have gone up. We are sailing in November and had to pay $4900 for a YC balcony room ( booked a couple of months ago). And even at that price they sold out pretty quickly. I got the last available room. Even at that price ,however, it seemed like a great deal compared to NCL Haven or suites I was looking at on other lines which did not have all the inclusions

I wish I could get YC for $3500. I think now that it is so popular the prices have gone up. We are sailing in November and had to pay $4900 for a YC balcony room ( booked a couple of months ago). And even at that price they sold out pretty quickly. I got the last available room. Even at that price ,however, it seemed like a great deal compared to NCL Haven or suites I was looking at on other lines which did not have all the inclusions
For a 7 night cruise?? Is it for Thanksgiving week?

For a 7 night cruise?? Is it for Thanksgiving week?

7 night cruise. 2 people. Early November. Not thanksgiving! I have continued to check after booking to see if prices go down or royal suite opens up however the yacht club has remained sold out for my dates . Lots of cabins available in non YC categories though!