Booking Tours in port?

Cavetti2013

I live in Brevard County fl and I believe you can book directly through the companies. I would recommend looking up recommendations through TripAdvisor. There is a ecotour that takes you on airboat ride.

Also if you can figure out how to get to the Kennedy Space Center visitors center that is amazing.

You can also look up things to do in cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. Unfortunately our port doesn't have a lot going on as of yet. Alll of the restaurants in the cove are for the most part locally owned . Grills is the go to around here.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I live in Brevard County fl and I believe you can book directly through the companies. I would recommend looking up recommendations through TripAdvisor. There is a ecotour that takes you on airboat ride.

Also if you can figure out how to get to the Kennedy Space Center visitors center that is amazing.

You can also look up things to do in cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach. Unfortunately our port doesn't have a lot going on as of yet. Alll of the restaurants in the cove are for the most part locally owned . Grills is the go to around here.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Since this question was posted on the South America board I suspect the OP is more likely to be asking about Cape Horn rather than Cape Canaveral .

OP: Can you be specific about what ports you're asking about? If you're asking about ports in South America I strongly recommend that you don't just pick out a "tour operator" looking to sign people up as you exit the pier. Actually that recommendation applies to more than South America, it applies pretty much everywhere. Stick to cruise ship excursions, well known large online excursion operators, or tour operators that have a strong history of positive recommendations on either TripAdvisor or Cruise Critic.

Without going into all the details, when we were on a South America cruise some years ago, a group of passengers on another ship who happened to live not far from us met with tragedy when they booked a tour in port from someone they didn't know who had a bus that looked nice enough to make them think it was safe. The tour operator turned out to be unlicensed and uninsured.

• 2 months later...
Specific ports of interest are:

Puerto Madryn

Punta Arenus, Chile

Chacabuco, Chile

Puerto Montt, Chile

Was just there last month and you can book tours for Puerto Madryn, Punta Arenas though we just walked to town and got a cab to Nao Victoria Museum and paid the cab driver to wait for us which was extremely reasonable in cost; Also Puerto Montt was no problem... We did not go to Chacabuco so I can't speak to that.

Specific ports of interest are:

Puerto Madryn

Punta Arenus, Chile

Chacabuco, Chile

Puerto Montt, Chile

Personally, I would not book a tour in any of the ports other than Puerto Madryn. Punta Arenas is walkable to the museums and the cemetery, and, as Valley Girl suggested, grab a cab out to Nao Victoria Museum. We didn't even bother paying a cab to wait for us there. There were plenty of cabs coming in to drop off other tourists, so we just took one of them back to the port.

Chacabuco is not worth the money to take a tour. There is nothing there to see except pretty scenery. Look at other posts on this thread, and you'll see very detailed instructions on how to take the local buses to see everything you'd see on a tour for just a few bucks.

In Puerto Montt, you could get a tour, or you could rent a car and drive up to Petrohue Falls and Puerto Varas. There are several car rental offices near the port.

In Punta Arenas if you want to go to Isla Magdalena and see the Magellanic penguins and Isla Marta to see the sea lion colony - which I highly recommend - you will need a ship's excursion or a private excursion best booked in advance.