You Guys are Great!

OceanBlueWaters

Hello,

So glad I found this Board! Not sure why I didn't find it sooner (DUH!). Anyway, I am kinda new here. I have been "stalking" boards and learned a lot. This Board is truly a place where you can post a question and no one will berate you. Other Boards consistently have people commenting that has zero input and only objective is too cause a "stir" to OP. It is refreshing here :) I have read many reviews here and 99.99 was positive advice :) Love it!

I am looking for Cruise (First Solo) out of NYC (Cape Liberty is also an option). I plan on taking NJ Transit (Bus) to Port Authority and then grab a crab to pier. I live in Central/South Jersey. I could drive...but I don't want to. I also do not want to spend $ for Hotel for pre-cruise. I want to do it in one day. Has anyone done it?

I have traveled on my own many times and LOVED IT! Whether it was for work or personal.

This would be the first SOLO CRUISE for me.. I am interested in Bermuda and Caribbean excluding Nassau and Freeport. Did them way too much. LOL!

My question is...what Cruise line offered you the best itinerary based on departure port(s). I do not care about cabin. I will never be in there other than sleep/shower. I want more ports rather than sea days. I have searched, but would love to hear fellow solo travelers about their experience and what worked/did not work for them.

Thanks you guys!

In my opinion go with NCL for Bermuda they give you the longest time in port. And the Breakaway has the solo cabins which are awesome. I love the Anthem out of Cape Liberty they also have solo cabins but unfortunately RCCL doesn’t do a 7 night Bermuda cruise unless it includes a port day in Boston as well. Which for me is pointless as I am 30 minutes from Boston.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For solo cruiser's, there is nothing like the NCL Breakaway out of the Manhattan cruise terminal....I will be doing my fourth on her this January, second time as a solo...

You could book the Studio Cabin for one, but usually you can do much better booking a standard Inside, or really save with a Guarantee Inside..(I booked a last minute cruise that way last January, and ended up with a nice midship balcony).

The Port Authority Bus Terminal is just about a mile from the Cruise Terminal, so it would be fine going in that morning...just leave plenty of time for traffic or weather delays...

The Breakaway has a Studio Lounge where Studio cabin occupants have 24 hour access....it is sort of like their 'living room', with a complimentary espresso machine, and snacks throughout the day.

And each evening from about 500 until 600 PM, they block the doors open, and invite all solo passenger's, regardless of their cabin location, to mingle for 'Happy Hour'....they have a bartender at that time, (you pay for those drinks, unless you have the drink package). More important...they have a host from the cruise activities staff assigned there, to make introductions, conduct party games, and provide a sign up sheet for those wishing to dine in specialty restaurants on different dates. They also have a similar sheet for those wishing to go on shore excursions together.

At the end of the hour, they invite all those not going to specialty restaurants to go as a group to the main dining room for dinner, where they have one or two large tables reserved....:cool:

Right now the Breakaway has some nice extended cruises to lots of interesting Caribbean ports, and are very reasonably priced....:)

Thank you for the responses! :)

bob brown...I like your answer about making it to the Pier in one day via NJ Transit/Port Authority. That is my plan and glad you made me feel better about that ;)

I am intrigued with the Studio Cabins/Lounge. Sounds perfect for me. I have been researching and I do believe that is the way to go for me. However, prices do drop dramatically with short notice. Gamble.

I have never had an inside cabin. I don't think I would do well since lack of "outdoors". The Studio Cabins have that 1-way window which would ease my claustrophobic(ness). Even though it looks onto hallway, I believe it would be fine for me. Again, I plan on spending zero time in room other to shower/sleep.

It looks like the Ships are moving around. I have my eye on Bermuda via the Escape (September 2018 time frame). Sure it is hurricane season, but that time works for me and what the heck! LOL!

Much appreciate the info you all have given on Studio Cabins/Lounge/Host for Solo's. UTube videos can be watched, but it never compares to forums like this. Thanks so much!

Merry Christmas and safe travels to all! :)