Airfare to ft lauderdale/Southwest?

helene109

It's a good rate.

For our cruise next month we booked early on SW, PHL to FLL direct, round trip, $315.00 for BOTH of us. That was an outstanding rate, but we are flying mid-week both ways.

If it is lower or at least the same as others, it is better with its free 2 check-in luggage and no cancellation/change fees. After booking, we always monitor price movement and change to a lower price with the savings put to a travel fund. We have already used a travel fund accumulated from previous price adjustment for a free r/t ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What airline doesn't?

No airline BUT Southwest honors price drops....PLUS Southwest does not charge 'change fees' (other airlines charge $200- $250) to change a ticket - but if the fare has changed, they do charge the difference. OP - $136 is a great fare from MDW to FLL....I'd grab it before it goes up!

No airline BUT Southwest honors price drops....PLUS Southwest does not charge 'change fees' (other airlines charge $200- $250) to change a ticket - but if the fare has changed, they do charge the difference. OP - $136 is a great fare from MDW to FLL....I'd grab it before it goes up!

Yes you are right they don’t charge fees! I have the southwest app on my phone and check it daily! I guess if there is a credit I could use it on the return flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Southwest is awesome. Free baggage, free snacks, free drinks, free TV on board, open seating rather than assigned seats, the staff is top notch and they're usually the cheapest. Not to mention it's usually pretty easy to get a direct flight. I'd definitely jump on it and just get a credit if the price drops again.

The only thing I don’t like about SW is there are very few non stops from the West Coast (to anywhere). I did just get a one way non stop on Alaska Air from Boston-Seattle in Sept. for $162. I get one free bag with them since I have their credit card. I would definitely take that $136.

Southwest is awesome. Free baggage, free snacks, free drinks, free TV on board, open seating rather than assigned seats, the staff is top notch and they're usually the cheapest. Not to mention it's usually pretty easy to get a direct flight.

First of all, I'll assume you mean "nonstop" and not "direct." Southwest is actually famous for having direct flights that make several stops; nonstop and direct are NOT the same thing!

That said, it depends entirely on where you are flying from/to, as to whether you can get a nonstop flight on Southwest. They fly from my home airport, but only to 4 or 5 cities nonstop, most of which I seldom have need to visit.

First of all, I'll assume you mean "nonstop" and not "direct." Southwest is actually famous for having direct flights that make several stops; nonstop and direct are NOT the same thing!

That said, it depends entirely on where you are flying from/to, as to whether you can get a nonstop flight on Southwest. They fly from my home airport, but only to 4 or 5 cities nonstop, most of which I seldom have need to visit.

You're correct, I mean non-stop.

Southwest is awesome. Free baggage, free snacks, free drinks, free TV on board, open seating rather than assigned seats, the staff is top notch and they're usually the cheapest. Not to mention it's usually pretty easy to get a direct flight. I'd definitely jump on it and just get a credit if the price drops again.

All this may be true for YOU. But it is hardly true for everyone. I used to live in Houston and WN was almost NEVER the cheapest. I could fly nonstop on UA for much cheaper and not have to stop in Oklahoma Phoenix, Baltimore or wherever while in route. I now live in Charleston and there are just much better options to get where I want to go. (AA and DL mostly) Plus, I want an assigned seat, with the option of first class or the extra legroom seats. (MCE, E+, Delta comfort). Baggage fees are a non issue. Just get a branded cc and you won't have to pay a fee. The big 3 all have cc options for $95 a year that includes a free bag. And usually early boarding. Thus none of the "must check in early" to get a early boarding group for a decent seat nonsense. I'm usually one of the last to board and I know exactly which seat I am going to be in. I know you WN fans love to say how great they are (and I'm not saying they are a bad airline) but, if you take off your blue and orange glasses you'll realize they are not really any better than the others.

All this may be true for YOU. But it is hardly true for everyone. I used to live in Houston and WN was almost NEVER the cheapest. I could fly nonstop on UA for much cheaper and not have to stop in Oklahoma Phoenix, Baltimore or wherever while in route. Plus, I want an assigned seat, with the option of first class or the extra legroom seats. (MCE, E+, Delta comfort). Baggage fees are a non issue. Just get a branded cc and you won't have to pay a fee. The big 3 all have cc options for $95 a year that includes a free bag. And usually early boarding. Thus none of the "must check in early" to get a early boarding group for a decent seat nonsense. I know you WN fans love to say how great they are (and I'm not saying they are a bad airline) but, if you take off your blue and orange glasses you'll realize they are not really any better than the others.

Lighten up, Francis.