Has anyone used Halifax Tour Guys?

Annie43

Headed to Halifax in October 2018 and would like to book a tour that includes the typical city sites as well as Peggy's Cove. The review for this company on Trip Advisor are mostly good, but I rely on the opinions of my fellow CC cruisers. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Would you recommend? Are there any other companies? Many thanks!

The most recent Trip Advisor review is from 2013.

Here is some information for cruise visitors to Halifax: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1BjAtDscML-9Ce3VWUUsOrsVhPL7KIxb7Go_9SRi82dE/edit

If you find me on the Nova Scotia Trip Advisor forum (same user name and avatar), click on my user name, send me a private message with your email address and I will send you some notes I have collected about taxis and private tours.

Headed to Halifax in October 2018 and would like to book a tour that includes the typical city sites as well as Peggy's Cove. The review for this company on Trip Advisor are mostly good, but I rely on the opinions of my fellow CC cruisers. Does anyone have any experience with this company? Would you recommend? Are there any other companies? Many thanks!

You might also consider Halifax Historical Titanic Tours by Paul McNeill... (google). Our small rollcall group did a private tour with him this past October...just amazing !!!

You might also consider Halifax Historical Titanic Tours by Paul McNeill... (google). Our small rollcall group did a private tour with him this past October...just amazing !!!

We have booked with Paul for our cruise in May. So excited!!

For those of you that did not go to Peggy’s Cove - did you feel that you missed anything?

Thank you for all the responses! Much appreciated!

Absolutely not...a tourist packed area. We used Halifax Historical Titanic Tours with Paul McNeil and the lighthouse we visited was amazing and the hike to get to it....far from a tourist trap setting...beautiful !!

Which tour did you do with Paul ? We are considering Paul as well and do not know if we should do the Halifax History Tour or Nova Scotia's South Shore Tour that includes Peggy's Cove. A friend that did the Peggy's Cover Tour a few years back with a different company had said it was boring with a lot of trees.

Tour input would be greatly appreciated... Dave

Which tour did you do with Paul ? We are considering Paul as well and do not know if we should do the Halifax History Tour or Nova Scotia's South Shore Tour that includes Peggy's Cove. A friend that did the Peggy's Cover Tour a few years back with a different company had said it was boring with a lot of trees.

Tour input would be greatly appreciated... Dave

We did the Halifax Historical Titanic Tour with Paul.....all of our rollcall group that booked with Paul...were absolutely blown away with everything we saw and did on that tour and all the history that he provided. Paul even called ahead to the restaurant we would be having lunch at and pre-ordered for us as we drove there...a private room was all set up and food delivered quickly so as not to waste time. At the Citadel Paul's van was ushered to curb parking at the top of the hill...everyone seemed to know him there and he made sure we were positioned perfectly for the firing of the cannon. This was one of the best private tours we have been on and we've been on many....Just fantastic !!

We decided to book with Paul - thanks so much for your recommendation!

You're so very welcome....I'm sure you'll enjoy the day with Paul and all his wonderful tour and his knowledge of history especially the Halifax explosion (Dec 1917) has to offer...He's an amazing wealth of information.

We are on HAL Veendam and arrive Halifax September 3/18. Due to the great reviews on CC and Tripadvisor, we just booked Paul McNeil’s Halifax Titanic Historic Tour.

Since we need at least 4 people for this tour to proceed we need 2 more people to join us.

There is no role call for this cruise so thought I would post here.

I agree with this 100%. We toured with Paul and it was an amazing tour.

Which tour did you do with Paul ? I have been in contact with him for our Oct cruise and he is telling us the Peggy Cove Tour is a tourist trap and to do the Historical Tour instead. Something in me tells me that if I go to Halifax I must go to Peggy's Cove.

Any thoughts on your tour would be appreciated.... Dave

Which tour did you do with Paul ? I have been in contact with him for our Oct cruise and he is telling us the Peggy Cove Tour is a tourist trap and to do the Historical Tour instead. Something in me tells me that if I go to Halifax I must go to Peggy's Cove.

Any thoughts on your tour would be appreciated.... Dave

Paul is correct....trust him he know's what he's talking about. The lighthouse Paul will take you to is amazing...not a crowded tourist trap.

Thanks for the reply. What was the itinerary of your Historical Tour with Paul ?

Easy to just Google for all the info you need on Paul's tour. It was an amazing full day of approx 6 hours. He takes very good care of you and his knowledge of Halifax history is incredible.

Enjoy whatever tour and tour company you decide offers what you're looking for.