Pullout bed on Anthem of the Seas

dahlin43

Hi! Random question about Anthem of the Seas. My DH and LO (3 years old) and I are in a balcony room. Can the couch be made into a bed without pulling it out to be made into a bed? If it's not possible, do they put away the bed during the day?

TIA

If your child is ok just sleeping on the sofa, without the bed pulled out, that's fine! But, yes, the bed will be put away every day.

Some folks will turn the sofa to face the wall, if their child is a "faller"!

Is this accurate information? I have read that it is impossible to turn the sofas around in the Anthem balcony cabins. If this would work it would be an awesome choice for my toddler who is a roller but does not climb out of the crib. However, I do not think that this is a viable option from my research.

Is this accurate information? I have read that it is impossible to turn the sofas around in the Anthem balcony cabins. If this would work it would be an awesome choice for my toddler who is a roller but does not climb out of the crib. However, I do not think that this is a viable option from my research.

No, cb is not giving you accurate information about the sofabeds on Anthem. The sofabeds on Anthem are not like the older ships. The back bolster is velcroed onto the sofa and when opened as a sofabed, a trundle type bed pulls out from under and then comes up to the same height as the rest of the sofa.

To answer the OP too, I would think the back bolster could be taken off and then have the sofa made up as a single bed. To handle the rolling toddler, I would have the bed made up as a single, but ask for a rolled blanket or towels to be put under the bottom sheet to create a bumper to keep the toddler in. The vanity also has a low backed chair that you could move over to act as an additional barrier to keep the little one from rolling out.

Talk to the cabin steward, they deal with little kids all the time and will know all the tricks to make it work.

No, cb is not giving you accurate information about the sofabeds on Anthem. The sofabeds on Anthem are not like the older ships. The back bolster is velcroed onto the sofa and when opened as a sofabed, a trundle type bed pulls out from under and then comes up to the same height as the rest of the sofa.

To answer the OP too, I would think the back bolster could be taken off and then have the sofa made up as a single bed. To handle the rolling toddler, I would have the bed made up as a single, but ask for a rolled blanket or towels to be put under the bottom sheet to create a bumper to keep the toddler in. The vanity also has a low backed chair that you could move over to act as an additional barrier to keep the little one from rolling out.

Talk to the cabin steward, they deal with little kids all the time and will know all the tricks to make it work.

Thank you for the reply! This sounds like the best option for my toddler as well. He rolls, but in his crib. So I'm thinking he will relish the extra space on the sofa bed to roll around and having so much space might not even roll off! I am hesitant to buy a toddler rail just for this trip, so the idea that the room stewards might have some solutions is mind easing and worth a bigger tip on their end!

This info is absolutely correct not only on Anthem but on Harmony as well...personal experience cruising with a 3 year old.

I like the idea of a rolled up blanket underneath. She has a guard rail on her bed but doesn't really sleep near the edge. I might also put down pillows underneath. Honestly, she probably will climb into bed with us. But I like the options. Thank you so much for this information!! I'm grateful for the family boards cause you all get cruising with children! ;p

• 1 month later...

We just got off Anthem last weekend. My oldest slept on the couch and the room steward had no problem making it up as a bed without pulling it out. My youngest slept on a Shrunks inflatable toddler bed on the floor (we brought this with us) as she still requires a bed rail. Two separate sleeping spaces also works better for our kids.

We just got off today. And the room steward just made the sofa into a bed each night, and rolled up the blankets in the AM. We put the back cushions on the floor in case she rolled off, which she did the first night. She didn't roll after that. We also put the other cushions down as well.

And yes, the cushions were velcroed onto the wall.