Cruise to quebec

MALLE

I'm looking at a cruise or back to back that ends in Quebec next summer. It's our 60th anniversary and hubby wants to see Quebec for a few days but I want a LONG and special trip . Celebrity, Royal Caribbean or Holland America are our choices.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have done Montreal to Boston on Holland America and loved every minute. We grew up in New England but had never been to the Canadian Maritime (hanging our heads in shame) . Quebec City is lovely along with all of the Canadian ports. We liked the Immigration Museum at Pier 39 in Halifax and their maritime museum with an exhibit on the Titanic and the Halifax Harbour explosion during WW1

We have done Montreal to Boston on Holland America and loved every minute. We grew up in New England but had never been to the Canadian Maritime (hanging our heads in shame) . Quebec City is lovely along with all of the Canadian ports. We liked the Immigration Museum at Pier 39 in Halifax and their maritime museum with an exhibit on the Titanic and the Halifax Harbour explosion during WW1

I'm going to start a notebook with your suggestions and any others I get. Thank you!! Is there any train system to get from one city to the next.

I would definitely encourage you to try Holland America Maasdam or Veendam. Now if your anniversary was in May there are really good rates. DepartSaturday, May 19 from Boston, it ends in Montreal. I did this same itinerary with my wife and we loved It! I have so many links for information on every port and we ended on a Saturday in Montreal and spent 3 days there! Awesome

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

I would definitely encourage you to try Holland America Maasdam or Veendam. Now if your anniversary was in May there are really good rates. DepartSaturday, May 19 from Boston, it ends in Montreal. I did this same itinerary with my wife and we loved It! I have so many links for information on every port and we ended on a Saturday in Montreal and spent 3 days there! Awesome

We can really go any month! I'm celebrating ALL YEAR! Just thought the weather was nicer there in the summer and don't mind getting OUT of our summer.... In Tucson, Arizona!

If you did the Holland America 7night cruise and combined it with a 7 night Montreal and Quebec City journey it would be a nice two week anniversary Awesome Cruise and then

Your 7-day tour would begin in Montreal, the second largest city in Canada, where you will spend three full days exploring the city. Montreal is an interesting mix of old and new; a cosmopolitan city with chic shopping, outstanding restaurants and an exciting nightlife with a glimpse of the city's rich history around every bend. Canada's Cultural Capital is home to legendary sites like the gorgeous Notre Dame Basilica, the famous Olympic Complex and a stunning view on top of Mont Royal.

Following Montreal, you would then travel by VIA Rail train to Quebec City where you would spend three days admiring its 17th-century architecture and uncovering its history, which can be found down every cobblestone walkway. Visit famed sites like the Latin Quarter, the Place Royale and the Basilica, or visit the quaint shops and excellent cuisine that surrounds the city. Quebec's proud heritage and European flair will make you forget you're even in Canada.

Then I would strongly encourage you to seek out this Holland America Boston departure and I would strongly encourage the Montreal long weekend and maybe even two nights in Quebec City and yes there is transportation and tours of both and between

sounds perfect!! I'll start research!!

So how is the research going on the Quebec and Cruise?

I've started looking at all the Holland America cruises and I'm thinking maybe the Boston to Quebec and then stay in Quebec and take more tours from there. I'd like to see if any port stops have a tour to Niagara falls. My parents honeymoons there and, after over 20 cruises, we've never been there!! Still looking.

Hi.

Don't mean to be a downer, but Niagara Falls is over 900 km from Quebec City. That's a little too far for most port excursions. But a great place to visit if you've got the time.

I'm thinking end cruise in Quebec, few days there then to Montreal, few days there, then Niagara falls? Then wherever to fly back to Arizona. Lots of thinking. 😃

Something to consider - stay a few days in the Quebec City area, then, fly to Buffalo and visit the falls. (make sure you come over to the Canadian side for the best view)

Then fly back home.

Lots of planning. Enjoy.:)

Thanks! All these ideas are really helpful for one completely ignorant of that part of the world. I'm keeping hours!! I'll check that one out. Never even heard of Buffalo. Got to research that now😜

If you did the Holland America 7night cruise and combined it with a 7 night Montreal and Quebec City journey it would be a nice two week anniversary Awesome Cruise and then

Your 7-day tour would begin in Montreal, the second largest city in Canada, where you will spend three full days exploring the city. Montreal is an interesting mix of old and new; a cosmopolitan city with chic shopping, outstanding restaurants and an exciting nightlife with a glimpse of the city's rich history around every bend. Canada's Cultural Capital is home to legendary sites like the gorgeous Notre Dame Basilica, the famous Olympic Complex and a stunning view on top of Mont Royal.

Following Montreal, you would then travel by VIA Rail train to Quebec City where you would spend three days admiring its 17th-century architecture and uncovering its history, which can be found down every cobblestone walkway. Visit famed sites like the Latin Quarter, the Place Royale and the Basilica, or visit the quaint shops and excellent cuisine that surrounds the city. Quebec's proud heritage and European flair will make you forget you're even in Canada.

After some more research thinking of combining these ideas and reversing some. Holland America Boston to Quebecca few days there as you suggested, then to Montreal for a few days, then to Buffalo to see the falls, then home. Any suggestions on hotels or bnb in these places... Within walking to sites. We walk around 5 to 6 miles a day!! Thanks for help. Keeping my plans all a secret from dear husband!!