Seats

Muumuu

SeatExpert

They seriously need to update their listings. As an example, I'm going on a B717 and A321 on Delta next month and neither one is listed. Not only that, but they still have a DC9-50 listed; that has been retired for four years already.

You are both right. Sometimes Guru has the better info, sometimes Expert.

Each has airlines for which it is better - and sometimes the best info is from the airline itself.

Like so many areas of life nowdays, there is no one, singular authoritative source.

Things were so much easier in the Dark Ages, when there was a pronouncement from on high (be it regal or religious) and it was "the truth".

You are both right. Sometimes Guru has the better info, sometimes Expert.

Each has airlines for which it is better - and sometimes the best info is from the airline itself.

And there are airlines for which the best source is "none of the above". For example, for BA the best seat maps are at http://thebasource.com/seatmaps.html.

I'm not sure that we know which airline the OP is interested in.

I still have a copy from around 1980. Saved it as a historic memento.

I have an old one from the 80s also. Had a collection of every Airliners magazine in a box, dang water heater broke and ruined them all, man was I pissed.

• 4 weeks later...

I just went to Seat Guru to check some airline seats and discovered that the whole Seat Guru site has changed – – a lot! It seems almost worthless now. All of the reviews where people have described seats by row and number are gone or at least I can’t find them. There are pictures added but they are only partial pictures and I don’t see anyway see the whole picture. It says it is a Trip Advisor website now; I don’t know if it always was or not. Anyway, can anybody tell me if the information I’m looking for such as reviews of individual seats is there anymore?

Still there. On the right hand side, there is the section "Seating Details", then "Traveler Photos", "In-flight Amenities", "Overview" and then the "Featured Comments" that you are looking for. Finally, there's the "Seat Map Key".

Perhaps you might be viewing the site from a phone or tablet that might influence how the page is presented. Works fine on my computer and monitor.

Still there. On the right hand side, there is the section "Seating Details", then "Traveler Photos", "In-flight Amenities", "Overview" and then the "Featured Comments" that you are looking for. Finally, there's the "Seat Map Key".

Perhaps you might be viewing the site from a phone or tablet that might influence how the page is presented. Works fine on my computer and monitor.

Thank you for your reply. After reading your reply I went back and tried again and found what I was looking for. I had that site bookmarked on my iPad and used it in the past but this time when I clicked on the bookmark it took me to what I now know is a Seat Guru app. Using the app I couldn’t find any of the things I was looking for until I found one place to click that said “view full site.” I tried that and everything came back. I am using Safari on an iPad and usually I use the Safari browser rather than apps. Again thank you.