Baltimore: Hotels w/ park and cruise - traveling with baby

jchiefs13

Hello everyone,

An upcoming cruise has shaken up my normal cruise life. I haven't been onboard in a year due to welcoming our little one, but we're eager to get back into the swing.

That said, where we normally would stay when departing from Baltimore (Wingate Wyndham) is closed! :( We liked spending the night before and using the park and cruise option at this hotel where we were shuttled to the pier. It would have been easy to ask them my follow up question (below).

So I'm looking for another hotel with similar offerings, but again, we have a new baby, so I'm also looking for advice with regard to that transportation. Is anyone aware of hotel transportation that offers a car seat in their van? Are we going to have to bring her car seat and base with us for the shuttle and then onboard? Should we just say to heck with it all and drive down that morning and go straight to the pier parking?

Thanks for your advice and tips.

Judy

Hello everyone,

An upcoming cruise has shaken up my normal cruise life. I haven't been onboard in a year due to welcoming our little one, but we're eager to get back into the swing.

That said, where we normally would stay when departing from Baltimore (Wingate Wyndham) is closed! :( We liked spending the night before and using the park and cruise option at this hotel where we were shuttled to the pier. It would have been easy to ask them my follow up question (below).

So I'm looking for another hotel with similar offerings, but again, we have a new baby, so I'm also looking for advice with regard to that transportation. Is anyone aware of hotel transportation that offers a car seat in their van? Are we going to have to bring her car seat and base with us for the shuttle and then onboard? Should we just say to heck with it all and drive down that morning and go straight to the pier parking?

Judy

Drive. I do. Just leave plenty of time for "what ifs". [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

Judy

Congratulations on your baby!

If your drive is 5 hours or less (and for most of PA it should be), I would plan on driving down day of since you shouldn't have winter roads. It's one less transition point/sleep change for your daughter and less hassle.

If you are further away, can't drive more than 2 hours, or just want the piece of mind of being closer then I would find a lesser expensive hotel an hour or so outside Baltimore and still drive to/park at the port the next morning.

For a 9 night or longer cruise, the hotel fee for a stay and park is about the same as parking at the port.

Your choice.

There are other threads in this section that mention some hotels with that service.

You can also check with the airport hotels, as they had stay and park deals for air travel and may be willing to shuttle you to the port (it is not far away), or you can taxi or Uber to the port.