Anthem Cruise and Yankees Game

MillbrookMom

My 22 yr old son and I are doing a Graduation cruise in April. We are thinking of seeing a Yankees game the night before. Usually we stay in the Parsipany area and then drive to port in the morning. Looking for other suggestions on where to stay closer to the stadium...or suggestions for getting to the stadium if we stay elswhere. We are driving down so have a car..but I also know parking can be a challenge or expensive.

My 22 yr old son and I are doing a Graduation cruise in April. We are thinking of seeing a Yankees game the night before. Usually we stay in the Parsipany area and then drive to port in the morning. Looking for other suggestions on where to stay closer to the stadium...or suggestions for getting to the stadium if we stay elswhere. We are driving down so have a car..but I also know parking can be a challenge or expensive.

If you stay in Parsippany, you could drive about 20 minutes to one of 3 park and ride locations in Wayne, NJ. The Wayne/Route 23 transit center, Mothers park and ride or the Willowbrook park and ride. Then take a NJ Transit bus to the Port Authority bus terminal in NYC. In NYC, the D line of the subway goes to Yankee Stadium.

If you choose not to stay in Parsippany, Secaucus and East Rutherford/Lyndhurst are areas closer to NYC. Met Life Stadium is a park and ride location for commuters in NYC, if there are no close NJ Transit bus stops by your hotel. Secaucus also has bus service into the city or you could drive to the Lautenberg train station in Secaucus for transit into the city.

If you want to drive your own car to Yankee Stadium, you could do so from any of the above locations but it would be more convenient crossing the George Washington bridge and better hotel location would be Edgewater, Teaneck, Hackensack areas which are nearer interstate 80 which leads to the bridge. Yankee Stadium is 3 miles from the bridge.

On route 46 in Parsippany, you can take a Lakeland bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. From there, take a subway to the stadium. Parking is free. Total cost would be about 15 per person.

On route 46 in Parsippany, you can take a Lakeland bus to the Port Authority Bus Terminal in NYC. From there, take a subway to the stadium. Parking is free. Total cost would be about 15 per person.

You should provide the time this takes. I’m guessing 2 hours each way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forty minutes to the bus terminal and twenty more to Yankee Stadium. I do this all the time.

Plus waiting time for bus and subway. I think your idea is great for OP but she should find a hotel much closer to Bayonne and Manhattan than 40 mins away.

According to her post, she mentioned Parsippany. As for wait times on the bus, just read the schedules. Subways run every 5 minutes or so. Nothing to make a big deal about.

She also mentioned she was looking for alternative suggestions closer to the city.

She also mentioned she was looking for alternative suggestions closer to the city.

Yes. Parsipanny is often mentioned for an inexpensive place to stay if you’re going to park at the port the next day. I wouldn’t recommend Parsipanny as a place to stay if one wanted to sight see in NYC.